Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Closer to the Heart

Yuroic had been quite busy teaching the padawans around the Rest that she had put her foot down and told him he was taking a day off. She really didn't ask for much and when she did he was always able to accomplish whatever it was. A day off was granted to him and Jairdain was more than thrilled for it.

She had taken Marcus to Asaraa and she had become something like a big sister to him or maybe an aunt. Either way, they more like family than simple friends.

On the way home, she picked up a few delicacies to make for him. As long as she could find everything in the kitchen, she was actually a decent cook. He usually took care of that though and rarely gave her the opportunity to show off.

Not trying to sneak in at all, she hid her items behind her back as she walked in. If Yuroic was nearby or around, she would give him a large grin and dash into the kitchen. Humming to herself, he would hear her mixing things together and then close the oven door. Provided all the spices were in the same order as they had been the last time she cooked, everything would be perfect.

When she was done, she finally went to find Yuroic.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic had spent the morning exercising hard, his run was a good length that finished with several regular cardio sessions. It was refreshing and Yuroic was sweaty, so when he returned to the apartment, Yuroic noticed that Marcus was out, likely with Asaraa she enjoyed to bond with her future young brother. Yuroic spotted Jairdain in the kitchen, raising an eyebrow Yuroic peeked into the kitchen attempting to see what Jairdain was doing. She almost never really cooked into the kitchen. Mostly because Yuroic was too eager to cook but it was would be fun to watch her, unfortunately he needed to shower so he kissed her forehead.

He showered and dressed himself in his usual casual wear. Stepping downstairs, Yuroic spotted Jairdain looking for him. He smiled to her, there was clearly something that was on her mind but he wasn't sure what. It was curious but he assumed it was likely something to do with the wedding. "Hey, so everything alright Jairdain?" He smiles to her.

[member="Jairdain"]

Once Yuroic finished his shower and she with the food preparation, she went to find him. He found her first and asked if everything was alright. Taking a hold of his hands, she returned his smile and nodded. Pulling him down more to her level, she planted a solid kiss on his lips and backed up slightly.

"Everything is great, just wanted to beat you to cooking today."

One thing Jairdain was never good at was keeping her emotions off her face. So what he could see was her love and happiness, but also some uncertainty.

"Is there anything you wanted to do today? I'm very glad you were able to get some time away from your duties."

Her own place here hadn't been found yet, but she was actually happy just being in his life and being a mother to Marcus. Whatever he decided on doing while the dinner cooked they would do together.

When the timer went off, she sat him down at the table and went to get everything. She wasn't one to normally flaunt her Force ability to abuse it, but she was treating him today and carried everything to the table with the Force. Taking a seat with him, that uncertainty returned slightly, but she attempted to keep it subdued.

"It smells accurate. Let's see how it tastes."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic kissed Jairdain deeply, smiling to her as she commented on his preference for cooking, Yuroic grabbed her hand and smiled warmly to her. The uncertainty was etched on her face and it only got Yuroic more curious on her attitude. Something was on but he didn't want to press the issue, instead Yuroic thought it would be best to let Jairdain bring the issue that she had on her mind. "Well, when you made a scene about the fact that I never give myself a holiday. I am not sure what I want to do, how about you decide what we do today?"

He was enjoying the fact that Jairdain was staying with him, spending time was Marcus was good but he wasn't sure how their relationship was progressing but he was trying to be good father figure. Looking over to the food, Yuroic smiled to Jairdain and took a seat. Inhaling deeply, Yuroic nodded his head. "Smells good, sure it will taste good too love."

[member="Jairdain"]

She pretended to make her apprehension appear to be about the food she cooked, but very likely Yuroic would see through that. With the amount of time they had been together, each of them could usually read the other like a book. Though he had fooled her before, but that had taken a great amount of trying on his part.

Letting out a sigh, she nodded and thought about what it was they usually did. Smiling just a little as she went to get the food, she had made a decision on what to do.

"After we're done eating, don't we usually go for a walk? Maybe that's too traditional though..."

Second guessing herself, he would for sure know it wasn't dinner that was on her mind. Coming out of her thoughts for what she wanted to say, that smile returned to her face. Pointing out the various food, she told him what she had made.

"This is as close as I could make to something from my home."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

It wasn't difficult to tell that Jairdain had more on her mind than simply her cooking. The food was different and Yuroic enjoyed the taste of it which he made him curious about recreating it himself at a later point. Maybe if he noticed that Jairdain was feeling low or something. He was take a bite as he shrugged at her mention of a walk, he wasn't that bothered about a walk or not but she seemed distracted from the meal about something in her head. However, Yuroic still didn't say anything because he knew that she would say in her own time.

"The food is delicious love, no need to worry about that." He offered a warm and gentle smile. "If you want to go for a walk we can, but I don't mind either way dear." He reached forward and gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

[member="Jairdain"]

He was doing his best to set her at ease, she could tell. She could also sense he really did like the food she had cooked and that almost helped more than anything else.

"There's also some fruit for dessert."

That was something native to Kashyyyk and should be more familiar to him.

"Thank you. I enjoy remembering my home. This is just one of the ways."

Traditions and beliefs were another and she still followed those to the best of her memory and ability. She didn't push those onto Yuroic and had only done a small bit of that with Marcus. There was a reason her world and people had been killed, even if Jairdain didn't know why.

"You know you do wonderful when you cook. I'm just glad I got the chance to do provide for you once."

Small talk went on as they ate. About the weather, work and other such topics. Nothing deep or too close to the heart. General topics about everyday. Once they finished, she brought the dessert out with a smile.

Two bowls of a fruit salad with a bit of a sweet cream on top.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

It was good to see that Jairdain relax with his reassurance. Yuroic smiled to her and nodded his head. Fruits from Kashyyyk were quite delicious, he had used them in several dishes but it was something simple and healthy after a very different type of main course. He had noticed that she occasionally taught Marcus some traditions and beliefs that he did not recognise and figured that they were her native beliefs and traditions. Yuroic thought it was amazing to continue the heritage that Jairdain had. Yuroic would do it but he didn't really have much to share from his past. More importantly, Yuroic refused to think on his family and heritage.

"Don't worry, I love to cook so you don't need to feel the need to provide, you do so much in other ways." He smiled to her as they moved onto other topics and talked while they ate. When the dessert came, Yuroic smiled to her and tucked into the dessert.

[member="Jairdain"]

"You might love to cook, but let me share sometimes."

She said this with a large smile and her voice carried some humor. They both knew he would be the one doing most of the cooking. It was a fair statement to say he was better than she was. When it came to new to him though, provided the kitchen was set up properly then she blew him out of the water.

"What else do I provide?"

Maybe she was fishing for compliments, but right now even though she was doing her best to keep her uncertainty buried, it manifested in other ways. Almost too soon they were done eating, but they didn't leave yet. Deciding to take care of the dishes, she got them into the kitchen and into the dishwasher. Once that was running, she turned to Yuroic and held out her arm for him.

"Ready when you are."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic shrugged since he didn't mind letting her share but he just found cooking relaxing and stress free activity for him. He knew she was capable but Yuroic was pushing his talents with more experimental and fancy yet delicious food so he knew he would always be the better cook. "Well, you keep the place tidy, make the place more homely and look after Marcus and me. I would be having this day off if you didn't insist on it." He smiles to her as he finishes his dessert. He knew that she might have been fishing for complements but she was on difficult path where she wasn't sure what to do. Yuroic was still trying to encourage Jairdain to return to Jedi life, but she wasn't sure that she could be one still.

He took her arm and smiled warmly to Jairdain. Wandering to the garden as he took in the lovely views and warm night air. "So, what do you want to talk about?" Yuroic asked as he knew that she had something on her mind since the whole dinner.

[member="Jairdain"]

A funny feeling came over her as they finished off the dessert and dinner. Lately she had felt pretty useless. Just being a homebody wasn't exactly her thing. Not that Jairdain wanted to get out on the front lines of anything, but she needed a job and wanted a purpose. More than just being a wife. Marcus wasn't always around now, growing up and being older had lead him to pick up some friends and then his own training. He had gone into an area of interest she didn't have and so spent time with his master. Not more than he did them though.

What Yuroic said was accurate and she returned his smile when he pointed out that if she hadn't insisted, he wouldn't be having the day off.

They knew each other well by now and he could tell something was on her mind. Not that she had really done a very good job at keeping it hidden. Holding his hand as they walked, she tipped her head to appear to look at him. She squeezed his hand slightly and turned her head to face forward again.

"What do you think about adding to our family?"

The question could be taken more than one way, but hopefully it was heard the way she intended.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

It was easy for Yuroic to see that Jairdain didn't want to be stuck in a house all day doing housewife stuff. It wasn't her, much like being a househusband wasn't a thing that Yuroic could do, he had to be active and do everything. However, he wasn't sure what Jairdain could do, he had offered to do things with her, encouraged her to train Jedi Padawans or be more involved within the SJO. But doing that was easy for Yuroic, the SJO was all he really knew but Jairdain had done many things outside the SJO so she wasn't as recognisable around the Order as Yuroic had become. It didn't stop him from wanting her to do well and go for a job whatever she wanted.

He was glad that she smiled and was feeling better from his words. He was trying to support her as best as he could, he wasn't going to let her feel like she didn't matter. He had been there and it was a tricky hole to climb out of. When she looked at him, Yuroic paused and looked down at her, when she asked him about adding to his family he could tell straight away that she meant a child. It was sudden but at the same time not sudden. Yuroic thought for a moment about it, not wanting to take long on the decision, he considered what he wanted in the future and in it he could see and wanted more children. "Yeah, I love that idea."

[member="Jairdain"]

Something would come along for her eventually. At the moment though, she was resigned to her position as more of a homebody. Once in a while, she would teach a class or a person some skill, so she wasn't entirely secluded. That ended up being something that had just happened. It was in her hands to change that, but not just yet. There was still so much on her plate right now, she couldn't think of leaving Kashyyyk yet. One of those things being the wedding and that was something else she wanted to talk with Yuroic about.

Instead of being hesitant in answering, he gave Jairdain exactly what she wanted to hear. Her eyes lit up and some tears of happiness came to them. Not even stopping herself, public eye be damned, she wrapped him into as large of a hug as she could give him and might have even knocked him off balance a little in the process.

"I love you so much."

Her words were probably muffled as she buried her head in his chest hugging him. The emotion would just spill off her though and Yuroic would certainly pick up on that.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

When Yuroic responded it was easy to feel the excitement and joy from Jairdain, when she leapt into his arms, he held her tight hugging her deeply. She wouldn't take him off balance but he needed to hold strong. lifting her up, he spun her around. Kissing her deeply and passionately, Yuroic smiled and just enjoyed the emotions coming from Jairdain and he shared his emotions with her. Caressing her back slowly.

"I love you too Jairdain."

[member="Jairdain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom