Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clockwork Omega

@[member="Ayden Cater"] @[member="Cira"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

It was a fairly ordinary day for Tegaea Alcori. She was working in her office high in the Omega Pyre headquarters. It was tiring work, and she wished she could be out...doing things. Her wish would soon be answered.

All of a sudden the power dropped out, everything all at once. And then the rumbling started from below.

She went to the window...curious as to what might happen next....

As chance would have it Siobhan Kerrigan had been on the way to Tegaea's office. If anything Siobhan, who had a short attention span on most matters and hated paperwork, found office work even more tiring.

She had been in the lift when suddenly it just stopped, like the power had just died. Then the lights went out. In the darkness Siobhan looked annoyed, her robot eye flared, then she pulled her lightsabre and the blue blade ignited with a snap-hiss. She was never one to call maintenance when she could just hack her way out.

She brought the blade down onto the heavy door and started cutting her way out, the hot plasma burning through. Then suddenly the building was shaken by a great rumbling, the elevator shook, she was thrust backwards and in the darkness hit her head. Cursing angrily, she got back up.

Her sabre flew into her hand and she hacked at the door, then pulled it open further with her cyborg hand. As it gave way the building was shaken by tremors and suddenly the elevator started racing down.

This sucks. Grunting Siobhan pulled herself up and as the elevator moved down jumped upward, narrowly catching a cable with an annoyed snarl and pulling her lightsabre into her hand before it fell into the abyss. Shortly thereafter she heard the sound of a loud explosion on the lowest level, the elevator had been wrecked. Dimly she could also hear a few pained screams, evidently a few poor souls had been caught in the blast.

Ah, well, at least she would get a good work out going now!

She was so going to mete out punishment for this, she reflected as she climbed up. After a long ascent she finally reached the next level that contained Tegaea's office. All the lights had gone out, it was pitch-black.

Without knocking she walked into Tegaea's office. "Elevator just went bloody crazy on me and went for a tumble. I take this ain't the new let's save power and get our employees to work out plan in action?" she asked sarcastically, joining her boss at the window.

Outside, the city was shaken by tremors...

Red Queen

Corrupted AI of Io Akima
red-matrix.gif
// SECURITY PROTOCOLS OVERRIDE
// ----WAITING
// ---STATUS........OK!
Seconds ticked by as the power on Fondor went out. Then, just as abruptly as they turned off, they suddenly flickered back ON.​
But in the place of every screen and every holo terminal stood a red holographic image of a young girl. She had a black bob cut, and a wide sunny smile.​
[[ Hai there! ]]
There came a small giggle that echoed throughout every building with a chilling resonance.​
[[ You have such a nifty little system here.... this is going to be SO MUCH FUN! ]]
The image flickered in and out and there was a faint sound of static.​
[[ So many toys I can play with ]]
Another giggle.​
[[ We'll play a game! I love shooter games! ]]
As the droids continued to pour down, there came Red Queen's opening protocols. Every door sudden was locked shut, programmed by the Red Queen to lock Omega Pyre employees where they stood.​
[[ Terminate every organic in the area ]]

"Siobhan, thank goodness you're here. We need to..." Tegaea said.
Then she heard the voice. It was very slightly maniacal in its glee. There was little time to focus on this though as the doors all slid shut.

Tegaea went to her office door and tried to activate it, but it stayed shut.
"We need to get out right now. Siobhan, cut the door open. We'll take the stairs." All ninety floors down.... She pulled out her comm. "Cira? Ayden? Anyone?"

"Yeah, I missed you as well..." Siobhan suddenly turned serious when the maniacal voice suddenly sounded. "Oh, bugger. Crazy hacker?" Without a further word she drew her sabre and slashed into the heavy door, her energy blade burning through it.

Outside it was just as dark as before. In addition she could hear several Omega employees beating against the doors of their offices, cursing and pleading for help. As she had a look out of the window she could see that the lights had seemingly gone out everywhere, buildings were shaking. "No, more than that."

The blue glow of her lightsabre provided some illumination and she cut open the door to the stairs, then gestured to Tegaea, taking point. As she walked down warily, she switched on her comm. "Hevana? What's your status?"

Prex Office
@[member="Cira"]

"The latest report on the Starfall, as per your orders." Ayden stood in Cira's office, handing her the final report on the ship that he had started construction on a few weeks previous. There was not scorn or mocking tone in his voice, despite his relatively laid back posture. Things had been smoothed over and were proceeding on schedule. The Starfall was practically battle-ready, only lacking in crew.

There were some other matters to discuss, but whatever he was about to say was cut off as the power was suddenly cut. A dark aura seemed to descend upon the planet, causing Ayden to instinctively reach out with the Force. His eyes snapped open as the building went on lockdown. Ayden spun around and locked eyes with Cira a heartbeat before the doors slammed shut, along with the security shutters, plunging the room into darkness.

Cira

C
Jak Sandrow said:
OOC: Could I join?
OOC : Feel free to!
@[member="Ayden Cater"]
IC:
She had been flipping through the report when the power shut off. Gold eyes then narrowed at the holographic red image over the holoarray. In the same way that Ayden went reaching out for the Force, so did she, in a rare show of her Force Signature coming to sudden life.

Coming to her feet, she snapped her gaze over at Ayden, "Any handy bit of information?" she asked dryly, her hand taking the saber strapped to her hip. In a burst of violet light, the blade ignited with a snap hiss, providing a measure of illumination.

She was irked. Not necessarily at Ayden this time around, but that there was yet ANOTHER breach of her systems. So much for Mr. Top Notch Security keeping everything above par...

Ayden glared at the woman; a rarity from him. "This is not the time for that. We're under attack." He reached into his jacket and produced a pair of silver hilts. "Whoever did this is a force that the galaxy is not ready to deal with." The attack had clearly unnerved Ayden, as he looked visibly agitated and held a hint of concern in his eyes. "We need to get to your main data core. I can do a system reset there, purge the system of whatever got in." He looked around the room and sighed before looking back to the Prex. "But odds are she'll be expecting that."

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak was testing out the new engines on his VCX-700 freighter (and liking them), when he saw all the lights blacken below him.
Getting closer, he could read the message that scrolled on every screen.
Well, didn't expect something like this to happen on my first day on the job.
Pulling back up to a higher altitude, he could see masses of black droids swarming from heretofor non-existant holes in the ground. They didn't look like good duys at all. (OOC: They remind me of the Portal robots.)
Noticing something happening in his boss' tower, he looked over - and saw a large group separate from the main swarm force and start to climb the tower!
"Jak Sandrow to @[member="Cira"]!" he shouted over the comm. He could hear them now, the slow, steady thump, thump of their feet. "You have hostiles on your 12, 3, and 9 o'clock from below! Would you like extraction?" Just to be sure, he angled the freighter towards them.

Red Queen

Corrupted AI of Io Akima
[[ Ah ah ah!!! ]]
There came the manically giddy voice again, echoing throughout the buildings corridors.​
[[ You will play my game! ]]
There came another happy maniacal giddy chuckle.​
[[ You can run.... but you can't hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiideeeeeeeeeee!!!! ]]

Cira

C
@[member="Tegaea Alcori"] @[member="Ayden Cater"] @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

"You think?!" came her rather dry snappish reply. It wasn't due to him; again, she was none too happy to have her company's security system hacked into. "I swear if you had anything..." she muttered low under her breath, pausing as she heard the faint crackling sound of Teg's voice in her ear.

"I'm good Teg," she reassured through the comm, glancing over to Ayden, "Locked in my office with Mr. Cater..." she turned away and began walking towards the security windows. "Hurry down before I kill him." It was meant as a joke. Maybe.

That's when she heard the faint pinching sound of metal. The warning from Jak about droids climbing the building made her curse under her breath. "Copy that Jak." she quickly mulled over what they would need to do. "Teg, can you get to a window?"

Ayden rolled his eyes. Viridian light snapped to life from his lightsabers, and in a whirl of motion, a rough square had been carved out of one of the security shutters. The lightsabers went quiet as Ayden stood up and, curling one hand around the lightsaber, pooled the Force and hurled it outwards, sending steel and glass outward. "We don't have time for this." He leaned out the window and sighed before pulling away from the hole and looking at Cira. "Alright, all-in-all, not my brightest plan." Seconds later and the first droid spilled into the room, the humanoid from rising to full height before Ayden chopped it to bits. "How about we get going?"

Cira

C
@[member="Ayden Cater"] @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

"You are going to pay for that," came the curt reply just prior to one violet saber slicing through the air with a loud hum, whirling round and round like a boomerang. One may have thought it was directed at Ayden, but instead it struck against the metal chassis of another droid that had climbed into the room.

The Hurrikane lightsaber came whirling back to the Prex, deftly caught by the hilt in the palm of her right hand. Sure foot steps saw her stride over to him, stopping beside as the high winds blew the long mass of her titan hair away from her face.

"Jak, where are you?" she called out through the comm, staring out from the wide hole cut by Ayden's viridian sabers.

Tegaea kicked open the door to level 88, Siobhan still in toe. "We're on level 88, east side. And...oh shit there's droids climbing the sides of the building! What floor are you on, @[member="Cira"]?" She knew her boss and Ayden might fight like cats, but they were also extremely formidable warriors you wanted on your side in a fight!"

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak could see small pinpricks of light poking out of the walls around the 87-story mark, and near ground level, where the first of the droids had just arrived.
Cater, what are you doing, idiot!!!
Sighing, he set all weapons to full-auto - droid-scrambler & ion cannon, mostly - and got ready to hack through some droids. Popping out two DC-17m blasters, he set them to maximum output, slung a rocket launcher over his back, and prepared to release suicide drones.
"Here we go!!!" he shouted, dropping down outside the opening, blasterfire from the autocannons covering his leap into the building.

"Put it on my tab." Ayden shouted as he ducked from a third droid's attack, weaving around as this one had a scorpion-like arm that it kept lunging at him with. Viridian parted steel and Ayden danced away as the droid collapsed under itself. The lightsabers slid back into the sleeves of his jacket as Ayden took a spot next to the Prex and leaned out once again. As Cira was busy, Ayden keyed his comm.

"Teg, this is Ayden. Cira and I are presently on the top floor. And on the note of droids scaling the building..." He paused and looked around at the scrap heap that was three former droids. "Noted. Listen, I have a plan to lift the lockdown, but I've got to get to the data core." Looking at Cira, he considered their options and looked back down before sighing. "And I'm looking at the fastest way down to it." Without another word to Cira, Ayden did a quick pat down of himself, tossed his hat onto her desk, and jumped.

Red Queen

Corrupted AI of Io Akima
[[ MY BABIES!!! ]]
There came the screeching of the Red Queen as the Droids were struck down. Upon every holographic terminal, her eyes seemed to light with crimson fire as her once lovely face turned into a vengeful snarl.​
[[ You will pay for that! ]]
There was a sudden outrush of power as the Red Queen sent overiding protocols to take over the very comm system that made it easier for those of Omega Pyre to communicate with. Instead of their own, they found themselves hearing the screeching voice of the Red Queen her self.​
[[ YOU WILL PAY! ]]
At the far end at the weapons division of Omega Pyre, the techs were horrified to see their systems be taken completely over. File upon file of top secret weapons came up in display, the Red Queen was searching for a toy to use against the Organization. Soon... she would find what she sought.​

Cira

C
@[member="Ayden Cater"] @[member="Tegaea Alcori"] @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

"You IDIOT--" came the sudden blast from Cira as Ayden threw himself out of the window. "JAK GO FIND THE CEO. Eighty-seven FLOOR... GO!" So much for a simple extraction. Cursing the very head of Ayden Cater, she did only what she could do.

Jumped in after him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom