Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Climbing into the Clan

Untitled812_20230801212140.png

Objective: Climb and infiltrate listening post
Tag: Athena Saxon Athena Saxon Reggie Rau Reggie Rau
Equipment: In bio

Untitled852_20230922221809.png

Strange signals had been coming from this otherwise abandoned mountain outpost, it was built a long time ago but was mothballed as surplus to requirements. The signals coming from it though, detected by accident and using a foreign encryption protocol had got the attention of the inhabitants of Kestri, particularly the Saxon clan who's lands this base looked over. They needed to get up there and investigate what was going on. It had all the tell tale signs of being a listening post, she guessed Alliance, but it could be anyone, heck it could even be other hostile mandalorians.

She had brought along another woman, slightly older than her but very new to the clan. She had been brought in as an adult foundling and showed promise. It was Celt's duty to assess her and see how she might fit in, mid twenties was late for a verd'goten, and Celt was not so proud she believed only a mandalorian would possess the necessary skills to pass one so she hoped to see a strong and competent new warrior here. Celt had had little time to get to know the girl, but this was the oppurtunity, meeting in bars and ballrooms was for the aruetii, you want to know someone, you had to break a sweat with them, maybe even bleed with them.

She had also brought along a couple of other allies, including Reggie Rau Reggie Rau . She didnt know what they might find up there so going alone with a new clan member would be a considerable risk.

Celt flipped her hud on and looked at the tall cliff they had to get up. They werent using jetpacks, primarily to avoid alerting the potential interlopers, but also because the beskar baddies liked to push themselves, and rock climbing was an excellent show of upper body strength to compare to the male warriors. "You done much climbing vod?" she asked Athena Saxon Athena Saxon while she continued to observe their route. She had plotted what she considered the best path up and had noticed a couple of potential hazards. "Take a look, what do you think?" she wouldn't go into too much depth, she wanted to see how the other woman assessed the situation.

I Want to Punch Your Throat

Objective: Prove self worthy of the Verd'goten
Tag: Celt Saxon Celt Saxon , Reggie Rau Reggie Rau
smalldivrose.png

Athena showed no hesitation when Celt had her join she and Reggie for a mission. But the Korun knew it was more than simply being a part of the task of checking out the curious signal coming from outpost atop the cliff. Though Athena was given adoption to the clan through her service in the Foreign Legion, she was considered a foundling, a child among Mandalorian. She was untested. Until the former Aruettii proved worthy of the verd'goten, Athena would have to swallow her pride and show she was worthy to become an apprentice. That she was capable of earning the honor Athena had no doubt. The challenge would be to demonstrate that to her would-be clan sisters. She donned her armor, pistol, carbine and knives and presented herself to Celt.

At the base of the towering cliff, Athena stood next to other women. Athena looked up, her gaze tracing the contours of the rocky cliff. "I've climbed some." Athena replied briefly as she examined the stone face. She had scaled walls only twiceoutdoors, but many times on indoor courses while training and as part of her stringent workout regimen. Her body was in pique form, her upper body corded with lean, strong muscle.

"There are a couple ways up for sure. A good mix of holds, buckets and ledges, and some smaller. Though..." Her gloved hand raised, a finger pointing... "There are a few places where there are too many seams, where those holds could give out. Deeper cracks may hold little nasties as well."

Last edited:
Untitled812_20230801212140.png

Objective: Climb and infiltrate listening post
Tag: Athena Saxon Athena Saxon Reggie Rau Reggie Rau
Equipment: In bio

Untitled852_20230922221809.png

"Good, let's get started then shall we?" she said, happy with the response. Celt expected no less, and quickly aimed her whip cord high into the rocks, clipping it off as a support line before beginning the climb. The rocks were hard and there was plenty of hand holds for now. Some of them wobbled as Celt placed her hand on them, so Celt dabbed them with a blotter to highlight them for the women following her.

"I'm curious" she said, making conversation as they climbed. "What made you want to move form the foreign legion. I know the usual reasons, but its a big commitment, so want to know what brought you in in particular?" Celt was born a Saxon so it had never been an option whether to become a mandalorian for her. Although she knew if she was aruetii she would be doing everything in her power to join. Mandalorian culture was wonderful, and she wouldn't change her life for anything.

"Heads up!" she called out as a very small slip of shale cascaded down to her left. They were quickly gaining height and Celt took a few moments to take in their surroundings before she caught up with her line and redeployed it a little higher up.

I Want to Punch Your Throat

Objective: Prove self worthy of the Verd'goten
Tag: Celt Saxon Celt Saxon , Reggie Rau Reggie Rau
smalldivrose.png

hVfh7Dm.jpg

Following Celt's lead, Athena yanked on the grappling spike of her utility belt and launched it upward, the durasteel tip embedding in the rock clear of Celt and her line. She had been given a set of the Enclave's cuirass, and was learning about all the tools and weapons integrated into the armor. Of course, not all of the bells and whistles had been added to hers. She would have to be trained on them.

The liquid line solidified and with a quick yank to check it, the 'youngling' glanced back at Reggie before reaching up and digging her finger tips into some solid handholds. Pulling herself up a bit, Athena found a place for the each foot to plant and began working her way up behind Celt.

The climb proved routine, at least to that point, and conversing with the other two climbers was easy. Athena looked up to check Celt's progress, then down to Reggie. Knowing where your companions were was crucial in a safe climb. "I have always been drawn to the Mandalorians. As a teen I thought they were so bad ass. It's why I joined the Legion. Serving there, I was able to learn even more, and found a deep affinity for The Way, or what we were allowed to see of it. I was happy serving in the Aruetii, but my desire was to be more." Athena replied,

Celt's warning elicited a quick response from Athena. Her right hand had an iron grip on a horn, and she let go with her left hand and foot and twisted away from the small shards of shale as they fell. Swinging back, she dug her fingertips into a crack and continued to climb. After a second thought, she realized her armor would have deflected the rocks. But she still protected the armor like a brand new speeder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom