Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Classic movies labeled outdated?

- Aliens has 'outdated, attitudes, language and cultural depitctions'. What in the karking feth is this horse sh*t?

Aliens, Goonies, Flash Gordon. What the hell is happening in this world we have to put warning labels on films like these? 2020 is crazy.

I guess the awesome female lead and anti-war and anti-corporate themes weren't WOKE enough. Is it all because Hudson called Vasques a bloke as a joke? Honestly this year sucks.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
I guess the awesome female lead and anti-war and anti-corporate themes weren't WOKE enough. Is it all because Hudson called Vasques a bloke as a joke? Honestly this year sucks.

Yes, putting warning labels on old movies is why this year sucks.

It is not the COVID-19 crisis that is rampaging across the planet, destroying lives and livelihoods. It is not systematic racism and discrimination coming to a head resulting in protests that still get people killed at the hands of an overeager and excessive police force. It's not the planet melting down, because big corporations can't get their chit together and put the climate before their wallets.

It's a warning label on an old movie that is the real problem.

I am all for putting attention on as many issues as possible, but this is just silly.

- Aliens has 'outdated, attitudes, language and cultural depitctions'. What in the karking feth is this horse sh*t?

Aliens, Goonies, Flash Gordon. What the hell is happening in this world we have to put warning labels on films like these? 2020 is crazy.

I think its a weird label to put, too but it’s a private company, man - they can do whatever the hell they want.

Arage Bao Arage Bao

Are you really trying to gatekeep complaining? Nobody said THIS is why the year sucks. Don't put words in my mouth.

The virtue signalling isn't helping deal with any of those issues so why bother?

EDIT: Its also silly to respond to someone complaining about something with what equates to a like and a prayer on facebook.

there has been a lot of problems and things are going to get worse likely before they get better. This is an annoyance, it is easier to complain about it compared to other issues that are a lot more divisive and likely would really divide us all. So not going to touch those.

but this is amusing like if you read some of the reasonings why it is worth a snicker and makes me glad to buy movies in physical copies to avoid censorship should they try and change things like they did with back to the future.

You know when I see a stop sign on the road, I don't get out of my car and start yelling at the stop sign...

Instead, I stop.

I wait a couple seconds, look both ways, Etc.

Then, I hit the gas and go about my day, while also forgetting that the stop sign ever existed in the first place after like five seconds. That's just a quick illustration for how normal people deal with stuff like this. ;)

Last edited:
but this is amusing like if you read some of the reasonings why it is worth a snicker and makes me glad to buy movies in physical copies to avoid censorship should they try and change things like they did with back to the future.

One of the reasons I buy physical media as well. Can't be changed,yours to actually own.

I believe the outdated stuff is referring to the fact that cultural attitudes and the way people act in those movies aren't actually the way people act in today's society, so the way people act and the decisions taken by characters in the movie (and general plot direction) won't make sense to a lot of people in the 2020s because nobody acts or talks that way anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom