Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Class you can't forget! (Yuroic/Kyra)

He pulled Kyra in and hugged her tight. Holding her close to his body as he could tell how much the ordeal had affected her. He let out a deep breath, "by confronting your emotions, feeling them, expelling them. Holding this in, they will keep winning, you will keep having nightmares." He didn't let go as he let her feel his emotions, his concern and care for her. His pain of old battles, showing that he knew what she felt. "The only way to win, to beat them, is to not have it control you. To not let it takeover. It will change you, you won't be the same, but you don't have to let it consume you.

"Only way to stop it controlling you is to talk, to find a way to express your emotions in a healthy manner and understand your feelings. From there, time will make things easier, lean into your friends and mentors for support. Don't push them away." Stroked her hair slowly.

Kyra didn't mean to fall apart on him. One moment she was sitting there trying to keep herself together and the next, she was in a set of arms being consoled gently. What dam she had built against her inner strife crumbled to the affection, the girl left clinging to the comfort of the Master as weeks of repressed grief came barreling into her.

It wasn't pretty. He'd likely need to change his shirt, snots and all. The sobs that poured out of her retched deep and hard, the girl finally facing the reality of what she had endured. Countless dead. Her being violated. How did you move on from that? It felt impossible in that moment. Her world felt over-- hopeless as she drowned in her pain.

She clung to him, the only parental figure in her life now. And while things still felt different between them, he could give her that much. Someone cared for her-- she wasn't alone. It was a light in the darkness for something only time could mend.

He held Kyra close, not worried about her crying and the mess of his shirt. It wasn't what concerned him right now, he wanted to just make sure that the Padawan was feeling safe and capable of opening up to him. His presence was reassuring and soothing, not to remove her emotions or take away her pain but to show that they could work on getting on making her feel better, feel more herself. He kissed the top of her head like he would his daughters when they needed comfortable, squeezing her tight to him to show that he wasn't leaving the girl.

"Things will only get better from here. War will always be difficult, you will always feel others pain and the lost, fighting Sith will always be terrifying. But you will be better prepared, better understanding of what is coming, better equipped with skills and powers to face your opponent. Just need to realise that what we face, it isn't easy, that's why I was pushing you hard because Kyra, you can be a great Jedi. Even better than me, as long as you dedicate yourself and realise that having a Master is necessary to get the best from you." It might not be the time, but Yuroic needed to push the matter, he knew he couldn't always do this for her, so he needed to be able to do it now while he could.

Kyra pulled back as he dove into that topic, a vein of discomfort exploding in her gut. "Please don't talk about that, I dun wanna talk about that," she protested, pulling a face. She hiccuped, using the bottom of her shirt to wipe at her face. It did little for her now blotchy complexion, but that hardly mattered in this training room with him.

"Are you gonna talk about what's bothering you now or are you just gonna be a hypocrite," she inserted, her tone level despite the degree of sass. She hiccuped again, her shirt soon coated with snot.

Aw, well. Seemed like they were done with the training today anyway.

He respected her wishes to not talk about it, as much as he wanted to push the matter, but sense told him not to argue or push the matter since it would only drive her away. He stretched and raised an eyebrow when she dared to call him a hypocrite, he was ready to tell her off then she hiccuped and he knew that she was only teasing, snapped back to his senses. "Might be easier to show than tell you."

He took her hand and place her fingers on his temple. "Look into my mind girl." His mind was fractured with things no longer looking as balanced as his mind normally would and thoughts scattered and some missing. His dementia would be clear and the damage irreversible.

Kyra gave Yuroic a wary glance. She could feel the strange shifting of his emotions. Confused one moment, angry the next. Then suddenly calm, just like that. It was mildly disorienting-- like walking on a boat before you got your sea legs. When he took her hand and brought it to her temple, she tensed subtly.

A Master had never let her into their mind before. They were sacred places, well guarded and not meant for fickle padawans with an attention span that could inflict damage. She braced for whatever news laid ahead, her insides clenching.

But she wasn't prepared for what he impart.

She gasped, yanking her hand back, a look of horror crossing her. "What-you-Did the sith do this to you?" She uttered, using her limited life experience to relate to what she saw. What else could break a person like that? Surely not a common illness.

He trusted Kyra like he would his children, like he would his wife. She was close to him and he wanted to ensure her training went well, like he had with many of her fellow Padawans, but there was something kindred spirit inside her to him. Unsure why but he was glad that she was able to be honest and close with him. When she jerked away and he revealed his ruined mind. He shook his head when she asked if the Sith did this to him, there was no way one could do this sort of damage to the mind without leaving every clear marks.

"No, this is of my own doing. My memories were altered long ago, that alone can wreak havoc on the mind. I however, have a condition called dementia. My mind is slowly, or quickly, deteriorating depends on how you look at the time. I will lose more memories, become more confused and eventually I will die. That could be soon, but it could several years or a decade or more. Just means but mind is getting old now, as old as my body has been feeling." Yuroic tried to chuckle.

Kyra fell into a stunned silence, pulling back. "You're- you're dying?" She cracked, tears appearing on her waterline. "I don't- I don't understand. Medicine- medicine is great! And the force! Can't we- why do you- You can't leave me!" She stated, growing frazzled and distressed. She couldn't figure out where to put her hands. On her lap, on the ground-- reach out to him?

Her mind spin in all directions, unable to process the future loss of her mentor. It just couldn't be.

Period.

It was to be expected that Kyra couldn't accept it, to be honest, he suspected that most of his family wouldn't accept it when he told them. However, he knew the truth and there was no point in lying to her or himself on this matter. He was dying and it was that simple really to him. "Medicine is great, and the Force is a thing. But Kyra, reminder what I taught you, death is inevitable. Doesn't mean you should fear it, or my passing. You can do so much and I won't see it all but I am proud to be a small part of your life nonetheless." Places his hand on her shoulder, showing that he is accepting his passing.

"I will be sad not to watch you grow up to be the best Jedi Master you can be, devastated that my girls might not have treasured memories of me, only of me as a confused, lost old man. And depressed that I will not see the fine women they will be. But the Force wills it not to be, my destiny does not lead that way. I will always be a part of you, that much is true and when we become one with the Force, our presence can be felt like others." Yuroic informed her as he offered a smile to her.

Kyra jerked back from him, gaping in denial. Of all the things about this month that was were hard for her, she had not lost anyone.

Yet.

He did the right thing by telling her. Because she couldn't accept it-- never mind process it. He was sounding crazy today-- calling her the wrong names, telling her he was dying. Just what. "No. Stop it- is this a prank? Why would you say that-- what's wrong with you. you aren't dying-- you--" She took more steps backwards, reeling. Her head shook back and forth, physically rejecting the news. "Have you been poisoned? You're not speaking right. I'm- I'm going to get help," she declared, her back hitting the door.

It was usual for a person react to this news with denial, to push away and fight. He knew that his children would react that way but he wasn't sure how he was going to even face breaking the news to them. Sighing deeply, he looked at Kyra with an honest expression and gave a small smile. "This isn't a prank, I'm saying it because you need to hear it. I am dying, there is nothing you can do neither can healers. They have tried but the condition is permanent and irreversible. It isn't a poison. Just.... Just the way I am."

It was hard to explain his health in words but he knew that she needed to hear that there was nothing she could do, death was inevitable. "We are all dying Kyra, no one can live forever. Death isn't a terrible fate, just my time has come a lot shorter than I wanted." Yuroic explained as he watched, not stopping her if she needed to leave. He understood that she would need time, distance and to hear from others that there was nothing she could do. It would hurt her, it would hurt him but she would eventually accept it.

Kyra gave him a wild glance, then turned and yanked the door open. With no further words she hit the ground running.

This was sith poisoning. An impostor. Anything but what stood before her. The young girl didn't know much of the world. And natural death? Well, it was a first.

Time. She would need time.

Only his was running out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom