Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clash on Lake Verino (PM before joining)

Force sparks, Alen had come to realise over the years, were best used in training scenarios. The prolonged, mentally-draining power of Force Lightning was extremely effective, as not even the most mentally strong of Force Users could hope to parry that attack with a mere lightsaber for a long period of time. Sparks, however, were easily absorbed by a correctly positioned blade. Shifting his weapon to his left hand, Alen angled the crimson blade up to absorb the spark thrown from the Sith's hand, his wrist held firm and his knees bent and supple to avoid any unbalancing shock wave.

@[member="Tormax Tryte"] had the high ground, which usually would be a boon to his case for winning the fight, but once again, he had to take positional awareness into account. And the levels of Alen's not inconsiderable power. As he absorbed the Force Spark on his red lightsaber blade, the Dark Jedi shifted forward, his body a living conduit for the Force, and literally rammed himself into the iceberg as he gathered a wave of Force energy around him like a Shield. Raien Keth had almost destroyed him with this move on Kashyyk all those years ago ... the Shield around Alen hit the iceberg like a thousand hammers, blowing the ice that the Sith stood on apart. You couldn't have the high ground if you had nothing to stand on.

Sensing that this was going to become a game of ice breaking until one of them fell in, Alen headed for the rocky shore, bouncing across icebergs. He'd take the Sith to stable ground and destroy him there.

He was falling, he suddenly realized. The man was an absolute brute when it came to combat. He literally threw himself at things, and destroyed them. There was a time when Tormax wanted to be like him. There was a part of him that still wanted to. That was the side of the brute. The side of the warrior, and sorcerors didn't resort to such demeaning displays of power, no.

As he was falling, Tormax plunged the bottom edge of the amphistaff into the iceberg as he was falling and slowed his descent. He stayed on the side of it for a while, before he realized it was only rising up to crush him into another iceberg. He didn't have enough time unless he wanted to be an Ice Sith Sandwich. Gathering the Force into his legs, he remained for one more second before he tugged the amphistaff out of the iceberg and flipped in the air twice and landed on the iceberg that had been threatening to crush him.

He lost sight of the dark sider he was fighting, but he could still sense him. He just followed the man, and soon saw him heading toward a rocky shore. I'm not going to make this easy for you. Tormax thought as he threw his arm forwards to the back of the man and threw another force push at his back to try and throw him into the rocky shore, hopefully painfully.

Whether or not the force push hit him, Tormax continued to run over the icebergs to try and catch up before he fell into a watery death.

@[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

One pull of the force, and Dracen felt the sheet of ice beginning to crumble around him. Looking around as icicles and snow fell upon them, he paled, even more than normal. He would be trapped. Taking this into consideration, he deactivated his lightsaber and clipped it to his belt, then waited patiently. There was no way that he could escape at this point, and so waited for the inevitable. Before the ice consumed him, he finished with but a few words. "I'll be back." Not soon after the words escaped his mouth, the ice collapsed on him, and he entered darkness.

(OOC: He'll be back... soon enough @[member="Xander Carrick"] )

I smiled as the man made his threat as his body vanished under the ice. I stood straight up and could see that the other two Darker individuals were now fighting in a full scale area. Smiling I decided that I may join. First I looked down at my left hand surprised at my new found ability to break the ice. It felt as though I could feel the weakness in the ice and with a little push into it, could cause the ice to break. Smiling I began to run at the two men, deciding to wait until I could strike at ether one or both of them.

@[member="Dracen Garett"], @[member="Arvis Syphex"], @[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

Alen felt the Push flowing towards him and rather than pause and erect a shield, thus losing valuable time, he instead went with the flow. He was a powerful Knight, but that did not mean he could not bend, like a reed in the wind. He let the Push take him into its embrace and carry him to the shore, landing in a tucked rolling position. The rocky ground bruised his shoulders but at the moment his blood was up and he cared little for flesh wounds. He would come to grips with his foe and destroy him, little else mattered now.

His crimson blade twirling with impatience, he strode towards the direction from which @[member="Arvis Syphex"] approached, prepared to counter any move the Sith made. It was then that he actually noticed the amphistaff for the first time, and his eyebrows rose slightly. A novice Sith with a Vong weapon like that, it was strange. Unseemly. Regardless, he made a note to himself that he would not have the reach advantage during this clash of blades. No matter. He was the more powerful, and he would win.

Arvis's heels pushed off together from the last minature iceberg, and when he landed he angled himself, so that he could slide on his heels and continue running at the dark sider. He would speak to him, bring some dialogue. But that would have to be later in the battle.

He was running at the dark sider, until he was within two meters from him, he let the amphistaff slide further, so he held less of it. And just before he would have struck, he turned around so his back was to the dark sider, and he slid on his knees with the aide of the Force, moving backwards so that he could bring the amphistaff to the legs of the dark sider.

If he avoided the attack, he would have gotten back up and turned around to string his hand around at the dark sider to send a force push at him.

@[member="Alen Na'Varro"] @[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Dracen Garett"]

Alen was not interested in talking, only destroying the Sith that lay before him. He was the kind of man who crushed his foes or failed trying ... dialogue was only necessary when he needed to catch his breath, or talk his way out of death. That would not be happening here. With the amphistaff factored into the equation, the Dark Jedi had come to realise that exploiting his natural power advantage in the realm of telekinesis would carry him to victory in the quickest and easiest way. He was a bladesman first and foremost, but he also wielded considerable power with the Force. In terms of mental facets he was diminished, but thanks to Invictus' tutelage he had become a veritable TK juggernaut. And combined with his quick and unusual mind, he was quite effective.

This move he had devised was aimed at separating @[member="Arvis Syphex"] from his weapon, making it easier to finish the Sith off and turn his attention to the approaching lightsider. Force Grip was a specialty of Alen's. It alone had won him duels previously, and in combination with other Force powers it could be used quite formidably. So the Dark Jedi leaped into the air, clearing the amphistaff's swinging arc, and seized the enemy's weapon in his Grip, channeling the Dark Side with vigorous power. With the weapon in his grasp he ripped it toward the ground, forcing the Sith to fight to keep hold of his weapon. In his other hand he readied a powerful Force Push and let fly, throwing a concentrated blast of concussive energy directly at his opponent. With his Force Grip holding the Sith's weapon to the ground, downward, and the Force Push blasting the Sith away, separation of Sith and weapon was probably inevitable. But Alen had not expected the Sith to throw a push of his own.

The result was the clashing of two Force Pushes, which created a telekinetic effect that was akin to an explosion. Alen, still in the air, felt himself thrown violently back, perhaps twelve metres or so, and crashed to the ground with a thud. As he flipped to his feet and re-ignited his blade, he would expect to see the Sith further back in the opposite direction, and the amphistaff resting between them. Calling the Dark Side to him once again, he Pulled at the weapon, looking to bring it into his grasp as he sprinted forward, closing the gap between them once more.

@[member="Xander Carrick"]@[member="Dracen Garett"]

Of course there was an explosion of force power. Of course it sent him flying. And of course, he dropped his amphistaff. He had no other viable weapons to use against the dark sider. He would have to talk, it was the only way. "We're not the only ones here!" He called out grimly. He was on his feet now, and he casted the force to his body again in the form of a force shield. He hoped it would be powerful enough to resist and protect him from the next attack.

He leapt into the air with his first two steps and sent a force push that angled over the amphistaff and towards the ground where the dark sider was going to be. The point of this maneuver was to crack the ice just enough so that when the dark sider would lift up his hand to catch the amphistaff, his feet would force him to crack the ice. And in case of that not working, his other hand shot forward as well to send another force push directly into the chest of the powerful dark sider. His plan with these two attacks were to force the dark sider to fall into the ice, or at least force him to stumble so that the amphistaff would not reach him, or just overshoot him, so that Arvis himself could land and retrieve it.

If it didn't work, it would take a lot out of him to escape the planet of Ascension without his amphistaff...And using the Force to protect himself against the stronger opponent.

Again with the cracks ... @[member="Arvis Syphex"] leaped in an arc, pushing at the ice below his feet. Alen growled. He would not fall for that trick, even if he had to give up the amphistaff. Force Leaping over the head of a telekinetic adept such as the Dark Jedi Knight was a bad idea, and Alen would show the Sith why. He skidded to a halt in front of the cracked ice, letting go of the amphistaff through the Force and watching as it flew past him. He set his feet now, feeling the Dark Side as it coursed through him, feeling his rage and power and exulting in it. As the Sith flew overhead, Alen attempted to catch him in another Force Grip. The first attempt encountered the Sith's Shield, but Alen grunted and tried again, this time with more power, crushing into the Shield like a vice. He roared, Enhancing his power to a level beyond which he had been operating at previously. His rage overflowed, and he felt himself be consumed by Darkness.

Once he had hold of the Sith, Alen leaped once more into the air and smashed a wave of concussive Force energy at him, looking to slam him brutally into the ice. It happened to be in a direction that would take his opponent to his amphistaff, but Alen hoped that this would be a decisive blow in this duel.

Arvis didn't truly expect the dark sider to just forget about his amphistaff just like that. He had more or less expected him to get hit by the Force pushes. But he supposed that would have only happened in the beginning of the battle.

Feeling the power of the dark side engulf, but not in a way that helped him, he was being gripped in the Force he realized suddenly. He tried to resist as much of the power off as he could, just as he was slammed by a force wave that sent him in the general direction to his amphistaff. He was falling short, but it seemed when his body crashed into the ice, the momentum that he had been pushed with carried him the rest of the way to the amphistaff.

Arvis was dazed, his mind almost empty. But the dark sider was still there. He felt himself fighting for consciousness. He even found he had bitten into his tongue from the contact with the ground. His hand was scrambling to grab the amphistaff, but meanwhile his mind was near empty and scrambling to get his body to move.

I had gotten closer to the two as they were attacking one another. seeing them cause and explosion purely of the force, and the way that they used the environment around them to their advantages. I could only smiled as I began to come with in range of them. With my saber off, I may have just been a spectator, but not for long.

I watched as the man flew and was close to his weapon that was on the ground. He grabbeld for it. hoping that he could reach it in time before the man got to him. But I was there first. Activating my lightsaber and slamming it home NEAR his head into the ice. Pointing out that he should stop moving. Or I could easily take his head off. I placed my foot on the weird weapon. Preventing him from picking it up.

"Move and the Knight or I will end your miserable life."

I may have been called a Jedi, but I was not so graceful and lenient as they were.

@[member="Arvis Syphex"], @[member="Alen Na'Varro"].

The man was gone. Arvis was unsure whether or not the light sider had noticed that. But he grinned when he heard the sound of the man's footwear landing on his amphistaff. The amphistaff was already in his hand, and the snake's head reared in silence, before biting into the ankle of the light sider.

He ignored the lightsaber that was near his head. The dark side didn't want him to die that die, and Arvis didn't want himself to die on that day either. Throwing his hand up to the chest of the Jedi, it casted one last force push that was point blank in his chest and it was heading in the direction of the destroyed ice lake. Where he would no doubt crash into one of the ice bergs that had formed and slide down it into a watery grave.

And yet, Arvis didn't wait to see, he got to to his feet just as his mind called and said. "The venom of the snake will seep into your bloodstream. If you don't seek medical aide soon, you will die." Arvis grinned to himself, and already began force speeding away across the ice, though slower than he should have been. Apparently the dark sider had absolutely pummelled him.

@[member="Xander Carrick"]
((But yeah, I think the thread is done tbh. You can continue with Dracen though.))

Apparently the man didn't notice that I had smacked away the man's snake head weapon. I knew that the weapon was part snake and lightsaber resistant. so I couldn't kill it with my saber. but even then. my senses were over the top with my last battle and entering into this new one. The snake had no way of bitting my ankle anyways because of my armored foot and legs. His hand launched up to push me. and it did just that.

I flew into the sky towards the broken parts of the water. But I decided to go further. Rather than try and fight the man against the force push. I helped him. Using the limited powers that I had in the force. I pushed my self further back so I could hit a more solid piece of ice. Landing on my feet with my left hand down for balance. I rose up to look as the man ran away from the Dark Jedi Knight and myself.

He sent me a message that I should get medical attention. Clearly he did not see the little red cross on my shoulder or left breast of a Medical officer. "So naive and cowardly for a sith." I spoke back to him. Not caring if he left like all the other Sith that I had fought. The Red twilik, the two Sith knights, a Sith apprentice and even a convert of the Jedi. Each ran from me as he did. Ether to scared to fight me anymore, or not wanting to fight like the whelp that they are.

((OOC: If you think so, I'm still fighting Alen if he is wanting to))
@[member="Arvis Syphex"], @[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

"There is nothing for you here, either." Alen was tired enough. Force Enhancement, even used for such a brief time as that, really sapped ones strength. Beating the Sith had taken a little out of him, as he had eschewed a more economical approach in favour of something a little more brutal and epic. However, he still had enough in him to fight. He'd just have to use less telekinesis and more lightsaber based attacks, which suited him just fine. After all, he wielded the blade better, and despite this young lightsider's prodigious skill, Alen had the experience edge. He knew he was better, even with his strength sapped. Striding forward with one lightsaber drawn and its crimson blade ignited, the Dark Jedi Knight addressed @[member="Xander Carrick"] now, frowning intensely. "Begone from my world, boy. I am done with your kind."

Alen pointed his blade eastward, indicating that the lightsider should leave that way. Then, and only then, Alen had another darksider to dig out of the ice.

@[member="Dracen Garett"]

Minutes later, the massive landslide of ice and snow began to shift. A gray hand reached upward and broke the surface. Dracen could still very much feel all three presences, but the stronger one seemed to be drained of much of its energy. The darker was busy speeding away, likely after a defeat. And the boy... He was very close to the dark pool of force energy. Interesting. Finally breaking the surface with his arm, then his head, he looked around. His vision was a little blurry, but he could just make out the two in what seemed to be a general conversation.

@[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom