Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied Clan Akaata Militia

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To make a standard ground force as the backbone of Aedan’s ground forces.
Image Credit: N/A
Links: N/A

GENERAL INFORMATION
Unit Name: Clan Akaata Milita
Affiliation: Aedan Miles and [member="Yasha Cadera"]
Classification: Motorized Infantry
Equipment: 10x AT-SAT, 18X AT-TT, 20x Thorn-class ICV, Each unit equipped with 2x Hekler’Kok GPMG-1, 2x Hekler’Kok SR-2, 8x Heklr’Kok R-2 Assualt Rifles, Hekler'Kok MA-2 Medium armor

COMBAT INFORMATION
Availability: Common
Deployment: Mass (264 Crew for Vehicles 2,100 ground forces.)
Strengths & Weaknesses:
Strengths: Highly trained
Trained to work as squads of 12
Backed by vehicles
Weaknesses:
Vehicles limited in terrain they can enter.
Not completely replaceable man power training takes time.
Hard to move over long distances quickly.
Description: This unit serves as the main stay fighting power of Clan Akaata trained as Mandalorian soldiers from a young age and almost fanatically loyal to their Aliit’bor Aedan Miles. After taking some time to train with the vehicles that had been purchased for them. Finally they are ready to strike out onto the battlefield as they feel it is the place they belong. Generally lead by either their Aliit’bor or his closest friend they are a force to the main stay of Aedan’s personal ground forces. After the initial training Aedan went through and selected the most qualified on the vehicles before picking out squad commanders from there the rest of his men were shuffled into squads and spent another figure out how to make sure the squads were appropriately working together. While not a highly specialized unit it still took almost two years to train them to Aedan's personal expectations. Finally after two years of training and acquiring the appropriate amounts of weapons and armor they are finally ready to strike out onto the battleifeld

[member="Aedan Miles"]
This submission has a lot of firepower for something unassociated with any Major Faction. For context, the Empire deployed around 6 AT-ATs during the Battle of Hoth in Empire Strikes Back. Your personal militia is capable of deploying more powerful vehicles in greater numbers than the Empire at Hoth. I see nothing in the description which justifies such a large scale, powerful army basically loyal only to yourself.

I'm going to have to ask you to provide much more detail and justification for what this unit is, how they came about and why they are loyal to Aedan. I may very well ask you to trim numbers down if I find the reasoning does not justify the huge firepower here as this is an army belonging to one PC capable of engaging with Major Factions.

[member="Samka Derith"]

It is made solely from Aedan's Mandalorian clan that he created back during the first Mandalorian faction from the remnant's of the Red Legion. The vehicles were all purchased by him and the loyalty is to him as I said solely because he was the leader of the Red Legion before becoming a Mandalorian and creating a clan from its remnants. If it helps this will only be used when engaging in activities backed by whichever Major Faction Aedan is currently working for. The loyalty to him is my way of saying that they will only follow those that he notes as being worthy of leading his men.

[member="Aedan Miles"]
Elaborate on that information and add it to the description, please. May I also get a rough estimate on the number of infantry squads here? To accompany that many assault transports it must be quite substantial.

As you likely know, we have done away with dev threads for submissions in the Codex. If this were submitted a few months ago, I would have asked for a development thread. With that gone, submissions need to be a lot more detailed when it comes to things like this. People need to be able to look at this submission and understand all they need to from it.

I didn't realise you'd made changes [member="Aedan Miles"] ! Next time you should tag your judge once done for a quicker response :)

Okay so I am still very hesitant about these vehicle numbers, especially those AT-SATs but I'm going to let that be for now under the condition that you uphold the weakness of how difficult it is to replace losses in your role plays. I will also ask that you keep to only deploying in large numbers when backed by a Major Faction because of the logistics involved in transport and upkeep of an army this size are too great for what I've seen in this submission. This isn't to say that any part of the Clan Akaata Militia can only be deployed with the backing of a Major but rather the entire army at once. So smaller parts could be deployed at will.

I will also ask that you lower the availability to Common because the template itself says that Common units are the backbones of army which matches your intent as a standard group force.

No worries [member="Aedan Miles"] :) I'm happy to Codex!

Alright then I'm going to approve this rather hesitantly. It's a ton of firepower here but there's nothing too overpowered in the nature of the units involved. For Chaos, it's a fairly standard arsenal.
Approved Pending Secondary

[member="Mahet"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom