Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CKI Devastator II

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Clank and Klunk Industries
  • Model: Devestator II
  • Affiliation: Open Market
  • Modularity: Mass-Produced.
  • Material: Alusteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Homing Missile Launcher
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: 1.2 Meters
  • Weight: 36 Kilograms
  • Ammunition Type: Power Cell, Rockets
  • Ammunition Capacity: 100
  • Effective Range: 250- 350 meters
  • Rate of Fire: Fully Automatic (fast, 8 rockets per launch)
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Slightly more expensive ammo,but still cheap: Although the weapon and its ammo is slightly more expensive than the first model, but it is still cheap.
  • Small Rockets: The rockets are 0.04 meters long, allowing a large amount of these small rockets to be inside the weapon.
Strengths:
  • Spinning Barrel: Like the first model, the Barrel spins like a Gatling Gun; But unlike the first model, this actually launches the rockets further, and centres the rockets to where they need to go, making the weapon more accurate.
  • Still Powerful Rockets: The Rockets are just as powerful as the rockets from the first model, although the rockets are bigger, which allow more fuel for a longer range and bigger warheads to pack a bigger punch.
  • Modularity still there: Like the first model, the weapon and its ammo is capable of being modified with different war heads.
  • Seeking: Unlike the first model, these rockets seek any target within its range, either infantry or vehicle, making it much more accurate than the previous model.
Weaknesses:
  • Slightly heavier: Due to the larger rockets for ammo, the weapon itself is slightly heavier due to that heavier ammo, making it a bit bulkier to carry around.
DESCRIPTION
Like the first model, the main way that this was developed was on Rhen Var, as the second addition of the Devastator series. It was known that there were flaws of the first design, flaws that could be improved upon. Thus, the Devastator II was designed and tested, with the plans of a third one already being tossed around the workshop before the second one was even finished. The Second model's purpose is the same as the first, except with more fire power, and Homing abilities built into both the weapon and the rockets and all the interchangeable warheads, allowing the Devastator II to be more accurate than the previous Model had been in the past.

[member="Nadja"] I lowered it down to 370, due to the weapon being fully automatic that fires 8 rockets every second the trigger is held down.

HK-57 said:
[member="Nadja"] I lowered it down to 370, due to the weapon being fully automatic that fires 8 rockets every second the trigger is held down.
How small are these rockets that they can be contained in a hand-held rocket launcher? Your ammunition size is as large as a blaster rifle, which uses gas as ammunition rather than physical rounds.

[member="Nadja"] the first model had the rockets at 5 inches, though I didn't add that in the first model technology submission. SInce it's a tiny bit bigger, It is at 7 inches. I'm adding that into it now.

HK-57 said:
[member="Nadja"] the first model had the rockets at 5 inches, though I didn't add that in the first model technology submission. SInce it's a tiny bit bigger, It is at 7 inches. I'm adding that into it now.
So this 110 cm (1.1m) rocket launcher can hold 370, 17.78cm (7 inch), rockets at once? That's 6578.6 cm (65.78m) of rockets in a 110 cm (1.1m) launcher. I'm not seeing how this is physically possible.

[member="HK-57"]
After doing the math, regarding how much space would be available in a miniature rocket that is ~4/10th of an inch long for the actual explosives if it's guided, I'm going to recommend that you make this somewhat bigger, otherwise your rockets aren't going to be able to do much aside from act like miniature bullets. A good size would be 4 cm. Since you've cut down the maximum ammunition capacity this would be perfectly feasible for the size of weapon you have submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom