Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cities of Gold

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

A message had been sent out, more because while she doubted some would like her it was always nice to show respect. Matsu was deep in her lab in the floating temple on Cazador and with the new things she had slowly been unlocking and learning from the colony in the unknown regions. It had been an interesting place to learn while she sat there for a moment and then was standing across the room, her hands grabbing a tome and returning before she was opening it.

While she looked at the crystals laid about on the table and behind her on the one shelf were different things either ccreated or collected she was finding for helping in the situation. The gauntlet she was working on gadolinium bands with hybrid plexisteel and micro force crystal shards as she was working to inlay the crystal her artisan's had created. The rest of the lab was working with the research team to create for the other jedi artisan's working on hilts.

"It should be an interesting design." She had something made and was slowly working on more of it with the crystals as she awaited to hear if her invitation to the jedi master had been accepted. Cazador had a great many things to show people while she was working and the sounds of the temple came to her. From the ships flying around and shuttles since it is an entire continent in size that was held up the massive golden stoned buildings and Atrisian's roamed around.

The landing pad leading to the section of the temple the silver jedi had been able to get for themselves with the people working as vassals to the emperor. They had made a great place that led to the large training courtyard filled with holoemitters and the solid state holograms the padawans could use. Healers working in scenarios created by the computer to test them being able to work in combat scenarios. Then leading into the large tower and labs of the Artisan's.

Matsu was at the end of the lab looking over some of the others who were making designs and testing the special inventory they created for the jedi while she sat there. It was almost like a mad scientists lab but minus the mad part while she had crystals strewn about of different shapes, sizes and colors. The several solari crystals harvested from Rhen Var that she could use in her experiments as well as the inclusion of suspended in a field one of the force light blasters.

Corvus had been innocent to the fact there were other Orders when she’d first arrived on Ossus. In fact discussing them had been a challenge – people were either ignorant or tended to change the subject.

But of late she’d been able to speak to more and more Jedi from around the galaxy and the Silvers were no exception. She’d known Connor for a while but recently she’d spent time with Coci and Thurion and had even fought alongside her friends on Ziost.

So when an invitation came from another of that Order, she simply moved some lessons and set off. Acceptance was a formality from her perspective.

As she travelled, she thought more and more about the rumoured truce between the Republic and One Sith. On one hand it made perfect sense – lives would be lost. But what it allowed the Sith to do was invade any other planet and the Republic would be honour bound to stand by and watch. Even protecting one of the Silvers’ planets would potentially be a breach of the conditions of the truce.

So she’d been thinking of a way to both honour any potential treaty and oppose the Sith – given it was her sworn duty to defend the weak and uphold peace in the galaxy. And maybe, just maybe, something her host was working on might be useful in that capacity.

So she docked at the floating temple on Cazador and asked to be taken to Master Ike. As she did she wiped the palms of her hands on the hem of her robes. Some habits died hard.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

The news from the one artisan that the grandmaster had arrived had her head rising up while slowly Matsu finally rose. Blinking down the length of the lab and research area before she was approaching the doors to open them. A small smile on her face though while straightening the mss of hair that still flowed down to her ankles with a high pin raising it up. The larger doors opening as she let her black eyes watch and take in the woman who had arrived offering a bow of her head as she spoke. "Welcome to Cazador Grandmaster Raaf." She looked up and took in the woman more, not intrusive but to get some form of reading on her.

The hair, the eyes and her wiping her hands on her robes while moving about to motion her around. "You might like it here, nice and peaceful gardens. Few see th marvel of a floating temple or the great city of chains." She was looking to make some light conversation and ease her into it. It wasn't often she requested a visitor they usually just showed up while she started leading the way. "I am though glad you came though." She was leading the way inside and there was the sight of the different equipment while working on it. The holoemitters showing more and more designs that were being made. "Come come and welcome to my lab."

Corvus was led to a lab area. She bowed as was customary and took in the impressive facilities.

She smiled as she was prone to do. “Please, call me Corvus.” Her violet eyes revealed she meant it. This was no ritual that she observed for some political gain. She was a Jedi, but she was no more special than the next person. She was simply…Corvus.

Corvus was no technophobe but neither was she a scientist – she was an historian, something of a traditionalist. But beauty takes many forms – be it gardens or state of the art laboratories.

“It is a pleasure to be invited. And I commend you on your facilities. My sister is looking to refurbish our former Academy on Ruusan and research facilities were high on her agenda. She’d be delighted if she could replicate half of what you have here.”

Corvus glanced around at the various designs and images – there appeared to be no end to the imagination of the design team here.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Replicate the things here... There was a look on her face while she continued within leading the way. The cube at the center of her desk was being used to take in crystal shards and scraps of force imbued dust. "Well I'd say our conversion technology we could share to help you out but it requires a lot of power and is still rare. The ability to convert more then food paste is not seen by many within the galaxy or by many of the species. As for the force well there are not many of these still existing." She indicated the cube that glowed from its runes and the shards and dust became a small flat green force crystal.

"We are working to try and create more or larger one but it will require some work and older things." There was a look while one of the few artifacts she had recovered was openly displayed. "I have been trying to find additional information in some of the old records but it has been slow moving without more precise information and research notes." She had several tomes and notes they had managed to collect with a small glimmer in her eyes though before she was working on a few of the things. Displays showing an amulet and it hummed with the solari crystal used to create a lightside resonance.

"We have created something you might like, a shield that reacts only to lightsiders, special crystals that can store large amounts of force energy and be used as a battery, focus bolts of force light able to penetrate most shields or armor and harm a follower of the darkside, stun technology that bypasses lightsaber blades and we have managed to create synthetic healing crystals of fire. Given their rarity the development has helped our healers work with patients a lot more." She was also working on a few things. "And with the holocron we found in the Well information on creating force crystals is being researched."

She remained there and looked at the purple tinted holocron that just seemed to glow. "Assuming its gatekeeper gets that rod out of her butt over only a Je'daii being able to understand." The look remained on her face though before smiling. "There is also the information and things I learned from the Aing-Tii that should help with exploring and recreating." That had been a fun adventure before she was sitting down with her smile. Learning from the Aing-Tii their senses and meditations as it was close well... She had found herself practicing the skills to try and flow back and glimpse in th time stream.

Corvus smiled at the explanation. “Forgive me; I’m not entirely up to speed with what you have here. I merely meant the general facilities would be something Taeli would aspire to recreate.”

“But if the library on Ossus has any information that would help you, or any of our Holocrons which are available via the Jedi Academy – or again through Ossus – can assist in your research, then you only have to ask.”

Then her attention was drawn to the current work on offer. The shield sounded fascinating and useful, and the healing crystals invaluable.

But it was oddly the ancient item on display that caught her interest mostly. The purple tinted holocron was drawing her like a moth.

“Jed’aii,” she echoed. “I have been working on the philosophy of Potentium of late. It was inspired by something personal.” She blushed slightly. “But the teachings are congruent. There is no Light or Dark side per se, just good or evil use of the Force. So the gate-keeper is not playing ball?” Corvus smiled. She’d encountered obdurate gatekeepers before.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

There was a look at her and well that had a smile appearing. "She is well yes, reminds me of a school teacher the way she stares at you with her arms crossed." She did have a grin though while she was moving around and pulled out a small bag putting one of the shield amulets into it while she added a few notes. "I did manage to get her to talk somewhat, talking about force hounds and forcesabers construction. With the study from some of the tomes at Korman Loa we found somethings in the gap." She continued to gather a few things setting it down. "Access could help though thank you grandmaster."

Well she was certainly very helpful and that was a nice change of pace while moving around the room. "Though this wasn't the only reason I wanted you here, aside from works going on for creating different force tech we are also investigating map coordinates found in some of our own holocrons regarding an old world that doesn't seem to have much in the records for the maw cluster. After the visit to the well we had been hoping for some of the things we were going to be able piece together but after the last grandmaster refused to want to protect the jedi's ghost prison ignoring it."

Corvus was reminded of the librarian on Corellia. She had a habit of crossing her arms as a sign that what you were asking for was not going to be granted. Yet Corvus warmed to her because of her knowledge and passion for learning. But then she’d naturally glossed over the fact that as a four-year old, she’d found the woman terrifying.

But she knew she hadn’t been invited here for that. So she gave her host her full attention once more. And her ears picked up at the mention of the Maw Cluster. She’d been there not long ago and wondered if there was a link.

“So,” she offered. “How can I help?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu was looking at her and offered a smile from her face though while she was looking over some o the things. "Have you ever been to Belsavis? There are some old records I have but with your talents I think two jedi masters can discover something in the old prison there. It will go far to understanding some of the technology the holocron speaks about with Tython and Lehon inaccessable." Her hands were on a few things. "While I can go myself, there is a lot of information and being the only one who knows about it is not exactly the most fun. There is if you like also my notes and lessons from the Aing-Tii on what they taught me should your potentium view wish to add a little rainbow of color."

Corvus was always a sucker for learning - it was as if Matsu knew her soft spot.

"Belsavis? No, I haven't." Corvus had never been a fan of cold planets - but this one had something others did not. Caves. Well, strictly speaking others had caves too, but they did not contain tombs and vaults. Relatively unexplored tombs and vaults for that matter.

"So..." she asked as nonchalantly as she could. "When were you thinking of going?" And she quickly followed up with, "I'd love to see your notes from the Aing-Tii. Given the Jedi Order's views, such things are rare in my archives."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu was looking at her and she had a bow of her head extending a hand and pulling a small datacron odd a shelf as she brought it to her hand and turned it over with a look while she was walking. "Some of my notes and visuals of the techniques. They are hard to explain you need to really experience it." Which was the big thing, when she had gone through it the situation had felt like the air was being torn from her lungs and she was hungry afterwards. The walk to the doors and out of the lab came up stairs to see the larger expanse of the golden temple while Matsu was heading into a ship there while she rolled her shoulders. Handing to the droid the equipment pack and bringing up the display showing where they were heading. Across the galaxy and back again a jedi's tale. It truth though she was letting the display of the different holocron and datacrons she hadgotten from Ayden, Rave and Isley show. The one still running with the best droids they could going over the visual and verbal sections of the bringing together of the codex. The tome in the old alchemists hand showing light while it opened a hyperspace wormhole and a part of Lotek'k was brought forth from the depths of somewhere. The codex was missing and they were investigating. The datacrons showing maps and charts from the old republic and mapping sections of the unknown regions. Final parts were displays on the screens showing timelines and different artifacts from the jedi that had gone missing including the holocrons given away by Kiskla as best she could. "There are other things I have as well from various sources and force sects that I have visited and trained with."

Corvus walked, listened and nodded. Much learning of the Force was experiential. Like swimming. You could only learn so much from study – sometimes you had to proverbially jump in the water and hope you didn’t drown.

She followed Matsu to the doors and out of the lab – and they came across a larger expanse of the golden temple – which to Corvus, as a newcomer – was impressive.

And suddenly they were heading into a ship and Matsu was indicating their destination. It was an area of space she’d visited before – with mixed results to be fair. But Corvus was still distracted by the various data displays. There were maps and star charts that looked to Corvus’ eye like uncharted space and she was so engrossed that she was almost unaware that Matsu was talking to her.

“Fascinating,” she offered. “So much to learn…I can’t wait.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

There was a look while she motioned and brought up the star map display from their astrometrics package. The whole of silver sanctum space showing with ships moving as it linked to the monitoring stations all around. Then was zooming out from viewing the space and areas where the stations had been deployed getting a better view of the galaxy before she was setting the coordinates and new location into the map. Belsavis appearing on the map near the Unknown regions and The ship was preparing for take off as she spoke pressing a button on a counter. "Tea, Jasmine, hot." The converter whirred as light flashed constructing a cup with tea in it as steam came off the liquid with a small smile. "If you are thirsty we have a full database of drinks and food and give the converters enough material to have it." She smile while the course was laid in and heading off. Matsu shifting the holoimages to show several of the things on display while she was bringing up different pieces of equipment. "We also have a full armory here on the ship if you need anything, exploring ancient ruins can have many dangers. We've developed armor for exploring that is lightweight if you need anything."

Corvus showed a genuine interest in the star map — but especially their destination. The last button her host pressed had genuinely surprised her as she was initially unsure of its purpose — until the order for a beverage was made.

And the thing was, when given unlimited choice, Corvus was momentarily stunned. Should she have hot or cold? A drink or something to eat? Something familiar or something new?

She was about to say blue milk when she changed her mind at the last moment. “Bl—, I mean iced lemon tea, please.” Technology or not, she fond it impossible to avoid the pleasantries.

The drink was served and Corvus took a sip. It was as if it had been freshly made back on Ossus. She nodded in appreciation. And then her attention was distracted by the images and the promise of access to an armoury.

She smiled politely. “I have my saber, shoto and sword, which tend to work for me.” She patted the hilt of her katana. “And a surprise or two courtesy of my…chuisle.” Corvus flushed slightly. She was still getting used to explaining who Braith was. “Armour is good but I have the Force. It’s worked for me so far. But one day perhaps?”

“So, what do you know of our destination?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

There was some amusement on her face now while sipping at the tea as she had her gear with a small smile. "I usually only need my sabers and disc blade but there is something to be said for lightweight robes with duraplast and armorweave. Cloth is nice and breathes... won't stop a surprise shot from a railgun or impact from a sonic shot." She looked up though at the world being shown not asking for more about the grandmasters... friend. She had several nobody would understand going back for a long time while she spoke. "For Belsavis there is not much known, I have found notes of an ancient prison used by the infinite empire but it has not been used by other groups for thousands of years." She was looking at more of it though and. "But there will be some things to help us, thanks to some of the people I have worked with I have this compass." She displayed the golden compass from Rave that was nice for searching out ancient things. "It was designed to find artifacts of the force and point to the strongest aura." It was also nice for finding sithspawn type creatures that might be hiding. "What sort of information do you have on the world grandmaster?"

Corvus nodded at Matsu’s preparation.

“I am, you may be surprised to know, primarily a scholar. My first Master – back on Corellia – thought he’d rid me of my adventurous streak. He made me spend all my days in the Archives. So, from the age of four until fourteen, I mist have spent a dozen hours a day researching.”

“So my knowledge is based on history, rarely current events. So I know it was part of the Rakata Infinite Empire for example. And they used it as a prison colony. But that was before it entered an ice age.”

“And of course the Republic used the prison during the Great Galactic War. And the Sith Empire sought to release all Dread Maters from the Tomb, as well as the Sith Lords.”

“And of course they tried to destroy the planet but the Hero of Tython intervened. And then after the Battle of Yavin, it chose ally with the New Republic but not join it.”

“So is it the Tomb or the old prison that we’ll be heading to find?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"I was once a shadow trained to infiltrate gangs and cults while investigating and taking them down." She thought about where on the planet they could start and well the best place to go would be the tomb but she had seen a great deal of excitement sometimes in the journey to it. "We'll go through the prison and make as best we can a way towards the tomb... See what we might be able to find along the way and information." She had done other things while moving forward now with her hands while she was thinking about the parts on the small maps they were able to find. "There isn't much in the records here if at all for maps to plot it out but we have drones with sonic mapping as well as some of the best equipment for searching around." Her smile while also workign with some of the notes she had.

Corvus listened. In many ways it was like talking to her older sister. The blend of historic and modern. Referencing old maps whilst utilising sonic mapping.

“Sounds like a plan,” said Corvus, nodding away. For her own part she was not particularly know for her plans. She tended to turn up and see where the Force took her. She researched for sure, but beyond that she was happy to be fluid and simply trusted in the Force.

But she was not averse to being led and given Matsu’s level of organisation, felt quite comfortable in putting herself in her fellow Jedi’s hands.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

The jedi master bowed and well they had a semi long trip, one needed to rest up while Matsu headed back towards her cabin on the ship and laid out the clothing on the chair. She had her notes and started assembling the belt and pack with the different parts she needed to work with. Maps and her palm holo. THe final part came with the chrono for the trip above them as she laid down drifting to sleep with the blue cube on her chest. THe stasis field functioning to suspend her and prolong her life. The hibernation trance letting the force through her body while they traveled. Leaving plenty of room for Corvus to do what she wanted be it sleep or she could study the information on the different things.

Several hours later as the chrono on the cube and ship chimed Matsu felt herself stirring awake revitalized while moving in the bed. Her mass of black hair being straightened and done up so she could keep it in three large braids behind her. Silka beads to bind it while she changed into the regulated bodyglove stretching and flexing to get comfortable. Then came the boots and ankle holsters with a combat knife and a small line launcher if it was needed. She finished sliding on the holsters to her thighs and waist, shoulders and back while securing the magnetic connections. Her neckguard and armbands leading down to a protective Kama. The saber disc blade she slid on her hip with her two standard blade going across from it.

A collection of power cells and spikes on her belt in the compartments before finishing up and a small pouch on each thigh she could secure things in. Portable multi tool with a small belt mounted medical pack. No need for a robe while grabbing one of the synthetic healing crystal she secured on a second pouch. She was decked out for exploring and collecting anything of value like crystals while the gravity leveler was there able to reduce weight on herself as she got the main piece the satchel given to her from Rave with a lining of nullification resin. That was another thing she grabbed just in case they found something with the pack of resin for packing away dangerous artifacts in a protective seal.

"We should be arriving soon." The ship dropped out of hyperspace and as she looked securing the golden glove with its crystal over the bodysuit along with her tacpad and palm holo. A line launcher on her wrist as well as a small force crystal compartment. It was all nice and light with her belt while she was moving to stand in the main room with the planet and their locations. The small chip for her mapping and the drones going onto a small case she held while sliding some sunglasses on. Her ears covered by her hair and tapas for her face would be easy enough to keep warm. She was lookign to make sure Corvus was ready while the ship headed in deeper towards the ancient prisoner with Matsu rubbing her hands together in anticipation.

Sleep or study? There was notice really, especially as she could Meditate when necessary to rejuvenate herself — one of the many benefits of being something of an expert in Meditation when so many Jedi saw little value in the discipline.

So she read and read, cross-referencing what she already knew with the new information. And as was the case with these things, before she knew it there was a warning chime that suggested they had reached their destination.

So she entered Serenity — a brief meditative state to regain focus and power.

She then grabbed the swiftest of showers and put her robes back on. On her belt were her saber, shoto and katana. No more and no less.

And then, a spring in her step, she headed to where Matsu was — desperately keen to get underway.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom