Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cin Vhetin

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
Tracyn leaned back on the rock, his eyes gazing over the scenery of Tython. Rivers, in the near distance, flowed gently. Smaller Jedi pattered about, some younger than he could think. There was a lesson going in the distance, though he couldn't tell what was going in it. Which was fine, he didn't want to intrude on it.

Tracyn glanced to the empty meditation mat beside him, and sighed. He tapped his hands on his knees. He was a patient man, but patience also had it's limits. However, he soon found the man he was looking for, just by sensing him. Force sensitives could sense each other within a moment's notice, though it was not as precise as one would think. He turned his head halfway to the man, smiling. He genuinely enjoyed his company, and looked forward to teaching him.

"A bit late, but that's fine. Have a seat, Grisham."

@[member="Grisham Martyr"]

Grisham Martyr

G
"Forgive me Ordo. You know how lost I get in everything on Tython."

Grisham bowed slightly to his elder before falling lightly to the meditation mat at his side. Bringing a leg over the other he fell in sync with @[member="Tracyn Ordo"]. Grisham looked forward to these sessions, but it never fails he becomes distracted with the nature around him. He was late last time and the time after that. He was lucky that Tracyn would put up with it. Exhaling slowly he awaited either a scolding or direction...

Alan

"It can be confusing, I know. Tython is a mass of many things, isn't it?"

Tracyn was laid back, and took a moment to assess the scenery before turning towards Grisham. He wasn't posing a lesson, but it seemed that he was genuinely asking him something, and his tone was rather quiet.

"What do you see, Gris?"

Grisham Martyr

G
Grisham opened his mouth to speak but soon thought better of it. What did he see? He saw all manners of things each pleading for a glance. The grass danced affectionately at the soft touch of the breeze and the rivers distorted the playful coos. So Grisham saw all of these things, these blatantly obvious things, and perhaps he was over thinking it, but he felt @[member="Tracyn Ordo"] met something else.
"I see many of things: hills, rivers, wildlife, and yes, life, I see life. I see the visual representation of the force."

He felt cheesy as he spoke, but it truly was how he felt. A hint of excitement sprinkled on his words quickly suppressed in the short eternity that he waited to hear Ordo's response...

Alan

Tracyn smiled. Tython was one of the most beautiful planets he could think of. Tracyn shrugged, genuinely enjoying his answer. Tracyn was often perceived as a war-mongering, Sith-slaughtering warrior, but he could also be a very introspective and thoughtful person. Something he wanted to reflect in Gris. The grass was whispering to Tracyn, the rivers talking their ancient tongue, and the trees rustling and speaking their eternal words to the area around them. The rocks were silent, as they always wore.

"Don't feel embarrassed, Gris. Me? I see Tython, one of the most beautiful places I could ever think of. Our home. And I want you to realize, that this is what the dark side can never have. These fleeting moments of beauty, these eternal scenes of peace. The Dark Side, and all the things that go with it, will never achieve this. Which, is why I want you to understand why every Jedi should seek to bring peace to the galaxy and rid it of the dark side."

Tracyn took a deep breath of the cleaner air after he spoke, smiling with his healing burns.

Grisham Martyr

G
@[member='Tracyn Ordo'],

Grisham nodded in agreement. The scars a war would leave on this planet would be deeper than any one outside The Order could realize. Tracyn was right. The planet itself seemed to chant and sing pleasantly. A tune the Jedi could eavesdrop on. Grisham imagined the suffering pleas if the planet were to house a war and it made him shudder. Grisham got to see a side of Tracyn few have, and it truly made him admire the man more. His true strength, Grisham thought, was not in his power or combat prowess but in his restraint.

Grisham smiled when reassured by Tracyn. He thought of something he might include, but decided silence the best response. Inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly, he continued to listen to the planet around him.

Alan

"War is coming, Gris..Are you prepared for it?"Tracyn said, his eyes never leaving the scenery. This was more of a conversation and a chance for introspection than a lesson. Lessons were on hold, thanks to the fact that Tracyn was constantly fighting for the Army Of Light and the rest of the Republic.

Grisham Martyr

G
"Absolution is necessity for purity."

Grisham smiled. He wasn't thrilled as he imagined barricades across the landscape accompanied by blaster fire and flowing blood, but he wasn't a youngling so naive to dismiss it's inevitability. He would date to call it a necessary evil.

"Our talks go along way of reminding us what it will be we fight for Knight Ordo."

Grisham made an appreciative glance towards @[member="Tracyn Ordo"] .

Alan

Tracyn gave a weary sigh."And what we might lose, my friend."Tracyn didn't regard Gris as he would a normal padawan, he instead moreso regarded him as a sort of younger friend that needed guidance. Grisham was gifted in the force, and as much as Tracyn didn't want to admit it, moreso than himself. Tracyn arose, and motioned for him to do the same. He walked along, his hands clasped around the small of his back. His armored body shifted, the chipped and worn Beskar'gam glistening it's remaining blue paint, dull gray in other places where it had worn off. He halfway turned towards Gris, speaking as he walked.

"I know of your combat capabilities but...how would you rate them, Gris? Would you say they were favorable?"Tracyn asked, continuing to walk towards a spot in which that he had grown accustom to many years ago.

Grisham Martyr

G
'Friend' Grisham's relationship was more casual than assumed between the tiers of The Order. With one last exhale Grisham heaved himself off the ground, and followed @[member="Tracyn Ordo"].

Grisham smiled at the question " Favorable? Far less than favorable I'm afraid." He scratched his head, "Maybe a suitable match for the underlings." He laughed as he caught up.

Alan

Tracyn entered the cave, but stood only in the mouth. It was deeply familiar to him, and a journey back into time. About six or seven years ago, now. He looked down at the ground, at the dried blood leading to a smooth stone that was similar to a large seat. He smiled out of nostalgia, not at the blood. He turned towards Gris, tilting his head after a moment.

"I don't know everything about combat, Gris. But I can tell you one thing, if you listen to me, you can be just like me, or even better. All I'm asking is patience."

Grisham Martyr

G
Grisham listened intensely to @[member="Tracyn Ordo"], but he was struggling with hearing the man talk. This place was screaming to Grisham. Through the force it slammed violently into Grisham's senses. It was not that the place held a terrible past, or perhaps it did, but Grisham felt it calling to Tracyn as if to welcome him back. Grisham was foreign to this place and the echoes of memories bouncing through the cave treated him so. So often was the case. His handle on the force was desirable, but at times it was as much a curse as a blessing. Closing his eyes he walked himself through teachings of a past lesson. As quickly as he could manage he regained himself.

"This place... you were here?"

Alan

Tracyn stood still for a moment, before moving deeper into the cave. For a while, there was only the sound of droplets of water splashing into larger pools on the ground. He turned towards the stone, and then walked over to it. He sat down upon it, and examined the small bloodstains on the ground. He turned to face Grisham again, sighing.

"A lot of things happened in here in a relatively small amount of time. I met my wife, Asha. She saved my life, after I had come here after a lengthy battle with @[member="Velok"] to, more or less, die. If she hadn't come along, then I can tell you that I would not be sitting here talking to you. She also finally convinced me to come back to the Jedi, after a long while of trying. Here, Grisham, is where I was given a chance..."Tracyn said, glancing around the cave. It had changed, but not much. Nature moved slowly in father time's hand, shifting only when it needed or had to.

"What do you want out of life, Grisham?"

Grisham Martyr

G
Tracyn Ordo said:
"What do you want out of life, Grisham?"

He was unsure on how to answer. Fulfillment. Happiness. To become a master shape the universe into a better place. His mind was not lacking in aspirations and dreams, but the weight of the question @[member="Tracyn Ordo"] had just asked was unfathomable. Grisham thought long and hard, and when the time came he had developed an answer, he sealed his lips and thought some more. Such a simple question. Yet it had spent his head spinning...

Still he thought on the question, but now walking around the mouth of the cave letting his hand slide across the cold stone careful not to disturb any crevasse. Sliding his boots as he walked he had become lost in thought as if he were alone. The answer was there now, but how to put it into words. After a short eternity Grisham looked up,

"Hope..."

He looked back towards Tracyn as he elaborated.

"All of my desires are but the tissue that constructs that one word. I find it through the force, through the guidance and fellowship of the other Jedi, and through you." Grisham smiled at the man. "But there are so many who do not feel it's blissful embrace. I suppose it isn't so much what I want out of life, but it is what I wan't my life to be. When I have moved from here, I want my actions, my memory, to be a beacon of hope for all who might look for it."

Grisham walked back towards Tracyn, "I am sorry if that does not answer your question directly so let me conclude with this: I wish only to be... presented with the means to do good by people. The galaxy seems like such a terrible place because we're so caught up looking down at the bad, we never look up to see all of the good." His age didn't matter. This was not the naive dream of a youngling any more. This was the cause the man would die for with no second thought or regret...

Alan

OOC:
Sorry, got caught up in other threads and whatnot.

Tracyn pivoted on his heel, smiling at Grisham. He leaned on the rock, and then finally took a seat back on it. It was the closest thing to a home that Tracyn had in a long time."You know, Grisham. All it takes is finding one thing to live for. One good thing. One thing to fight for, to strive for. And you will have led a good life....so Grisham. You need to find that something, because without it, you're just ambitious. You should be both ambitious and hungry. Hungry for something that actually matters."Tracyn reached to his crushgaunts, removing them both and setting them on the stone. He sighed, turning back towards Grisham, after staring at the gauntlets for a moment.

"Life is a funny thing, isn't it, Gris? One minute you're bleeding out on a rock, and the next you're discussing with your padawan the future."

Grisham Martyr

G
It didn't take an echo in the force to understand this place held tremendous memories for his master. The fact that @TracynOrdo had brought Grisham made the lesson that much more memorable. Every word struck Grisham with great velocity. His crusade or what not was absolute, but there wasn't anything... or anyone, outside of the council, he had to fight for. He had never given it much thought until this moment, but the realization hovered over the padawan like a storm cloud. It made since. The passion and conviction Tracyn possessed in any situation must be driven by what ever it was he fought for.

"And what is it that you fight for Master Ordo?

((OOC: It happens. I run two others so no worries!))

Alan

"I have to question it everytime I fight, Gris. I suggest you do the same. If you fight for a single ideal, remember that ideas and beliefs can be corrupted. That's my opinion, anyway. Always go into battle with a different objective, otherwise your obsession with something will become a downfall rather than a beneficiary."Tracyn said, leaning forward, resting his head on his folded hands, placing his elbows on his knees, thinking over a great deal for a moment.
"I want you to venture outside the temple, Gris. With or, without me. Experience is the best teacher."

Grisham Martyr

G
He had pondered it. He ponders it most nights actually. He knew so much of the galaxy, but only what could be read or viewed. To experience the worlds away from his would be an enlightening experience for sure. "And where would I begin Master?" He had hoped for his superior to chime in with an ideal that would involve them both. Grisham, although confident with his own independence, felt that his Mater's presence would stimulate a higher reaction for growth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom