Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choose Your Fate

This was definitely some odd kind of trip. What had happened? Token knew, but she still couldn’t believe it. Did she really kill them all? Sure, her parents were there, but they were dead before hand, right? Right? She had to have. Right now, though, there wasn’t much going for her. She took her family’s ship, cleaned the bodies out… Even her parents, and sold it. What world was that even?

It didn’t matter. It was in her rearview. All that mattered was getting away, getting her head clear. She could get back to Corellia sooner or later, claim her family’s business, after all, there were failsafes if anything should happen. But crazy Force outburst? Was that covered?

Still, focus, blondie. Where are you going? Out. Out of the Protectorate, across the Republic and to wherever this shuttle was going to drop her. She needed to clear her head. And away from everything just felt like the place to be. Rummaging through her bag, the blonde, with makeup running, pulled out her headphones and found herself near the window of the ship, and was trying to make herself as small as she could. Denim clad legs up to her chest, black sneakers and a black tanktop, she was feeling down.

And that was an understatement. She was working on controlling her breathing, and making sure no one was looking at her. That was the trick, huh?

@[member="Token Waters"]

Journeying across the stars had become something of a hobby for Paega. Sure, she went on assignments and fought for the Sith Empire and everything, but that didn't mean that she had to be around the Imperial capital of Dromund Kaas all the time. The blonde Sith Knight had traveled to the planet of Corellia, where she could just keep a low profile for a day or two and just relax and take a break.

Paega, now having finished her little lesiure break in Corellia, had gotten on a shuttle departing Corellia. It was headed to some planet in the Republic, as she had been told. From there, Paega decided, she would just hop onboard some another transport or perhaps just steal a starship like last time and get back to the Empire. Hopefully she hadn't missed out on much during her time off.

The shuttle had at least a few dozen people onboard, it appeared as though the Protectorate and the Republic were one of the handful of galactic factions not waging war against each other. Paega was just about to take a nap when a presence on the shuttle made herself known.

It was coming from another blonde girl not so far off from Paega. Perhaps she was Force-sensitive. If so, it didn't appear as though that the girl was aware of that fact. Slightly curious, the blonde Sith Knight walked up slowly to the depressed looking blonde near the window of the ship. "Having a bad day?" Paega inquired, Paega's simple cloak and carefully concealed lightsaber hilt and other utilities not giving away anything except that she was some random traveler.

Token really didn’t want to think. Not now, not really ever. Life was too… crazy? Too confusing. And she really couldn’t find a way out of here. Crossing space though, traveling, getting away, and finding her place. That could work, right? Wasn’t that what people did? Some spent money, others ran and fled. Apparently, she was the latter. Fleeing and trying to make herself somewhere else.

Her arms were hugging her legs to her chest as she kept an eye out the window, and the other not really watching anything, just a little bit of jumping to the door. Just in case. Not that she could do anything from this point. What happened on her ship was… not something she could do again.

Her ship? Right, that was wrong. Her parents’ ship.

She looked up at the new voice. Really, someone was going to speak to her? She had her headphones on and everything. She looked over at the blonde and bit her lip before turning to look back out at the hyperspace going past the viewport.

@[member="Paega Anginous"]

@[member="Token Waters"]

Paega looked at the girl curiously when she didn't respond, realizing a bit late that she had headphones on. Something told her however that even if the girl had the headphones off, she would probably ignore her still.

The blonde Sith Knight simply gazed back when the blonde girl turned to look at her before resuming looking out at hyperspace. Paega's first observation was that the other blonde was probably around her age, if not younger. The second was that this was not a trained Force User.

It was a time to try a different approach, Paega decided. The Sith kept her eyes still fixed on the girl, but instead of speaking out loud, she spoke into her mind. "You're not feeling very talkative, are you?" Paega said in the girl's mind, her voice drowning out whatever music Token could be listening to.

Sometimes things just worked for Token, others… well, people were hard to control. If she could do what she did mere hours ago, she figured she’d be able to keep people at bay, but even with her anger, or fear, it wasn’t enough. Token needed people. Hell, she loved everyone. And that was bad, wasn’t it? To be that passionate about everything? She didn’t know.

It hurt her, trying to keep the other girl away. But it had to be done, didn’t it? She wasn’t in a mood to be entertaining. And people would see her upset. Are seeing her upset. Whatever.

Blinking, Token turned and looked at the other. What was that? That was different, for sure. Whatever that was, she was right. Blinking slowly, the blonde moved her headphones from her ears and shook her head. “N-not exactly.” She was at least not crying now.

(Sorry its been a busy week for me)

@[member="Token Waters"]

The blonde Sith Knight crossed her arms infront of her chest, continuing to gaze at the young blonde girl infront of her. It didn't take much for Paega to tell that something was troubling this young woman. That, and that she also had great potential.

She smiled slightly when Token took off her headphones. Delightful, finally they could talk. A quick glance back at the cabin of the ship told them that no one cared, everyone was mostly minding their own business.

"Looks like you could use a friend then... Is something bothering you?" Paega inquired.

She looked at her new companion, raising her eyebrows up before giving the new person a once over. There were times when even Token wasn’t in the mood to deal with people. How was all this going to affect her? She made it so no one had to deal with certain people. All on her own.

Well, sort of. Emotions were strange. And that rage? That was something else. She couldn’t remember a time that she was that level of crazy. Running a hand through her hair, she smiled.

“I’ve just had a lot going on, I guess.” She looked at the other, hoping she’d leave it be. “I’m Token… or Brooke, whichever you prefer.” She smiled and nodded. Right, way to approach her problems.

(Apologies again. I will be posting more frequently from now on, I promise!)

@[member="Token Waters"]

While listening to the other girl introduce herself as Token, Paega would move forward and sat down next to Token, staring out the window. Even a non-Force User would've been able to tell that 'a lot going on' was not really what was bothering Token. It didn't take much for Paega to figure out that Token was a Force-User. It also seemed as though that the other blonde was unaware of such a fact.

"Nice to meet you, Token... My name is Paega." she said simply. While introducing herself, the Sith Knight was intent on searching Token's mind. She detected anger. Token seemed to be furious about something. Such fury was something that showed potential. Potential to become a Sith. Paega decided right then and there that one thing was for certain. Token would come with her, to Korriban. Whether she liked it or not.

"So where is your family..?" the blonde Sith inquired simply. "There is no use lying to me. Trust me, I can always see for myself what it is that is bothering you so much." Paega said in a quieter tone.

It was her name, an odd name, but still her name. She always did like it, maybe that was part of her naivete, that she enjoyed having such a unique name. In professional settings she went by Brooke, her middle name, but really, this was a shuttle and some other (pretty) girl talking to her. Besides, what was there to talk about?

Paega? That was a nice name. She smiled and nodded at her new companion. “A pleasure, I’m sure.” It came out more sarcastic than she meant for it to, but this was Token, despite her want for revenge and her own feeling that she really screwed something up and the only people who would accept her could be beyond the Republic, was a friendly person. A lover over a fighter, most times.

Right, her family. “That’s the real question, innit?” She knew. And right the whole being able to read a mind meant this person was a Force user, either Jedi or Sith, or one of those others… Whichever. “I killed them. There were pirates raiding our ship, they injured my father.” Or killed him, the details were fuzzy. “And I just…” There was lightning, or something. Something wild.
@[member="Paega Anginous"] (Don't worry on it :) )

@[member="Token Waters"]

Token was certainly an interesting person. Unlike other brute, power-hungry monsters that were often considered to have 'potential' in becoming a Sith, Paega found that this particular, confused Force-sensitive girl held just as much potential. Possibly more. It reminded her of herself not too long ago.

The blonde Sith Knight would listen patiently to Token's answer to her question. The answer was one that she had not really expected. Well maybe she did, who knew really? Average people would not often answer by saying "I killed them" when asked about their family. Neverthless, it was a rather interesting answer and Paega was glad that the other girl answered with honesty.

"Ah." Paega said with a simple nod in response to Token's response. She knew for certain now, she would see to it that Token was trained to utilize her anger. She would offer Token a chance for power. But first, it was time for Paega to reward Token with an honest response of her own. "I see... I'm a Sith Knight, you know." the blonde Sith would say truthfully, almost casually. Paega wanted to see Token's reponse to such a fact.

Interesting could maybe describe her, especially in her current state. What was she doing? Really, it would all be figured out later. Hopefully, right? She’d get where she was supposed to go, the whole Force stuff would figure it out.

Blame the fact that Token was shell-shocked. She didn’t expect that to happen. And there was no way that the blonde was able to quantify anything in her head to make a lie out of it. Not that she needed to lie, but everyone got the picture. Besides, she didn’t know Paega, sometimes it was easier to talk to strangers.

And right, now she was going to be seen as a sociopathic killer, or something.

Especially with a response like that. Token bit her lip, looking back out the viewport. Where was she going with this life? What was her path? She really didn’t have one. And then she heard something that Token wasn’t expecting. A Sith? The blonde? So, they weren’t all power hungry and crazy? She quirked up an eyebrow. “You are?”

@[member="Token Waters"]

"Yes, believe it or not." Paega replied simply. It was true that she was someone that did not exactly fit the stereotypes for being a Sith Lord. Regardless, that did not mean she did not have the powers of a Sith. "...and you can be one too." the blonde Sith said after a few seconds in a softer tone.

After gazing out of the window for a few more seconds, Paega stood up. From within her dark traveling cloak, she took out her own lightsaber hilt, and tossed it to Token. Hopefully the girl had enough sense to not mess around with it too much, since the lightsaber could easily impale or amputate her if it became activated. "Have you ever seen a weapon like this before, Token? It is a lightsaber, one of the tools that will allow you to ascend to ... unimaginable power." she said.

Paega allowed Token to observe her lightsaber for a few more moments before speaking again. "The question is, ofcourse... are you up for the challenge in becoming a Sith? There are no guarentees, but if you are capable enough, you can acheive greatness." she said.

Right, she was showing disbelief. Probably not a smart move for when you were trying to make friends with someone. The blonde shook her head at herself, and then realized she was actually shaking her head. “S-sorry, I didn’t mean to imply…” then the rest of the response confused her. Token Waters, a Sith? She just figured to head in that direction because she had no where else to go. Who else would take her in?

Looking as her new companion was getting up, Token bit her lip. And that was when she was being tossed an item she knew only from holoflicks. A lightsaber. Catching it, with a little measured grace, being a dancer and all, but not much for sports, she did her best to not fumble with it, as she turned the hilt over and again in her hand. “Never one in person.”

“Me, a Sith?” She looked up, if Paega could really do all she said she could, well, she’d figure out Token was definitely a soft person, a lover, not really a fighter, even if she had revenge on her mind lately.

@[member="Token Waters"]

The blonde Sith Knight simply nodded at Token's surpised response. Paega had a flicker of doubt and wondered if it was a bit of an extreme offer, so soon after having met the girl, but they didn't have much time. It would be much more difficult, considering the current tense political situation, to get to Imperial space if this took too long and their shuttle entered Republic space. They would have to divert course soon, as soon as Token made up her mind.

"You saw what you were able to do to your family and the pirates." Paega said softly, so that people nearby onboard the shuttle would not be able to overhear them. "You will learn this for yourself soon enough, but... for people like you and me, Token, embracing the Dark Side of the Force is our only option."

As soon as Token accepted such a fact, Paega would act. But until then, she was content in letting Token thinking and deciding for herself.

That was the trick, huh? Where she was going to go, was she worth the Sith? Was she worth anyone? It wasn’t like she wanted to kill her family, or even the pirates. If she could’ve stunned them, that would be one thing, but she wasn’t stupid, Token had a bit of schooling and could tell a dead body from a live one.

Looking at the other girl, Token bit her lip. “I didn’t mean to hurt my family! I really didn’t mean to hurt anyone… I was just…” Angry? Scared? It was definitely something. And it confused and worried her, that bit was a fact. How was the Dark Side her only option?

“Is it?”

@[member="Token Waters"]

"Ofcourse you didn't mean to hurt them..." Paega said gently. Perhaps, she decided, she should go with another form of persuasion. Token had obviously been under great pressure in order to have done something that resulted in anyone's death. With training, Token would learn to prevent death.

"You see, the Dark Side will give you the power to prevent more deaths from happening, Token. You will be able to harness, control your emotions, if you come with me to train into becoming a Sith. Will you take my offer... to prevent more deaths?" she said quietly.

See, this was the thing that Token didn’t understand. How did that all happen? Why did she hurt everyone? Why couldn’t she just stop when she was doing it? Or focused it? It didn’t really make any sense at all. She should have been able to control it. Maybe she could learn?

The Dark Side? Wasn’t that the bad one? But she did use it, maybe? “And where am I going to learn this?” Preventing more deaths? That sounded like a smart move, maybe a sound investment. Was the Dark Side really that bad?

@[member="Token Waters"]

Paega smiled. She knew that she had gotten the girl somewhat convinced on the 'preventing more death' thing. Without answering, the blonde Sith turned her back and walked over to the front of the ship where the cockpit was. Time to divert their course to the Empire.

She used the Force to unlock the doors that separated the cabin from the cockpit, and walked into the cockpit where two suprised pilots just gazed at her. Paega waved her hand at the two, and for a second they looked confused, but within a few moments they were busy, changing their course.

The Sith Knight walked back to where Token was, with a friendly smile. "Come with me, Token, to the Empire. There... you can finally put your powers into better use. Next stop wil be... Korriban." she informed.

And that was when things moved quickly. Was she being silly thinking that she could assist with preventing deaths? Could that happen? Was the Dark Side worth it? It didn’t seem to matter, because as she seemed to have signed up. Or something.

Paega was already on her feet and apparently up to the cockpit. The other blonde looked around, a bit worried. What about everyone else?

Korriban? “What about everyone else?” Will they be sent away? She could only hope so, for all their sakes.

@[member="Token Waters"]

Paega could have cared less what happened to the rest of the passengers onboard. She would have been fine with just pushing them out the airlock one at a time, but she was fairly sure that wouldn't exactly convince Token to come to Korriban.

She looked at Token for a few seconds after the question was asked. The blonde Sith then used the Force to take her lightsaber hilt that she had tossed to Token earlier and activated it, its crimson blade humming to life, alerting many of those onboard. "Five person to each escape pod." she informed simply. No one seemed to be happy about this, but they didn't seem keen to remain on the ship with them, however, and they began moving towards the escape pods.

"This is better than just killing them, I suppose?" Paega inquired to Token.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom