Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choices in the Void

Kal'Shebbol. As busy as Coruscant, not as directionally confusing. Xeni glanced around the town square that she was in, people bustling to and fro. She had come here in search of a particular individual. Sifting through rumors and logs, the lead had led her here.

So, the gripping climax? She had absolutely no idea what this particular Nautolan even looked liked. And there were a lot of people here. She gently smacked herself in the forehead for her stupidity. Hadn't she learned from her last venture? Of course not. She tapped her chin in thought. Now if I was Mr. Qae, where would I be hiding? A glance to the left, a glance to the right. Again, her intelligence came up with zero results. Biting her lip, she thought about any places that would have such information. Perhaps a nearby pub? He didn't sound like the type to drown his sorrows. The local library? Perhaps?

She finally decided on inquiring about this Qae individual in the transport docks before heading the city buildings and social buildings. Either way, she was determined to find this man.
---
@[member="Qae Shena"]

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
If there was any one place to find the Master-at-Arms of the Vagrant Fleet - a group, admittedly, none rarely ever heard of - it was at a shipyard, landing pad, or other ship-related place, if it wasn't a garden, a river, or a training arena. He loved space, the infinite sea of stars that had been his home for the better part of half a decade. This was the place he felt most comfortable in. it was a place he could go to get away from all the pains of land and sit amongst the mighty beasts that transported them through the infinite aether. He spent more time with ships than anything else, that was for sure.

As the blue-skinned Nautolan spent some time performing maintenance on his beloved Sky Dancer II, he felt something in the Force. A presence, searching for him. Something he could sense.

He stood from the maintenance panel, turned, and saw a Miraluka. Well, he'd run into his fair share of those before.

"Looking for me?" he asked, with a preternatural sense for the emotions of others - being an already-empathic Nautolan, with a Force ability to the same effect, made things easier.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Her skin crawled as surprise jolted her. Slowly, Xeni turned towards the voice. Lo and behold, there stood a man that fit her criteria of what Mr. Qae might be. The Force peacefully flowed through his being and tickled her vision. Bright enough to identify, but dim enough to bear. However, all she did was raise an eyebrow. She had learned quite recently to have trust issues with identity. Mind you, there was nothing malicious in the young man, but one could never guess what new things the Force could do. Like, disguise true natures.

She raised her right hand, and started to sign her message, hoping that the male could read her hands. Telepathy was probably more than doable in this situation, but she had strict policies on that. Not that she had any qualms about people maintaining channels with her, but she refused to randomly intrude (and bang on barriers, in some cases) into their minds. She still cringed at the memory of certain entities breaking into hers.

'Depends on what you claim to be. If you are a being named Qae and are willing to teach someone, then possibly. If you are uncooperative, then no, I'm not looking for anyone at the moment.'
She tilted her head in question.
------------
@[member="Qae Shena"]

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]
Oh, sign language - blind and deaf? That had to be particularly difficult, even if being a Miraluka afforded her sight beyond sight to compensate for such shortcomings. This wasn't going to be an easy conversation, given that Qae could not use sign language. He simply just wans't proficient. He might've been able to speak four separate languages - Basic, Nautila, Anselmi (the two tongues of his homeworld) and Yuuzhan Vong as implanted in his mind by Sekot, the wandering planet, but this was going to be a very difficult task for him indeed.

The quiet, soft-spoken words of the Je'daii Master implanted themselves into her mind, a feeling of calmness implanted into her mind as his empathic powers took over, a reassuring wave washing over them both to exude its serenity.

I am Qae Shena, said the voice in her mind. You seemed to be searching for me - to what end, then?

She raised her eyebrows as he gently stepped into her mind. He could've spoke if he wanted to. Or did he think her deaf instead of mute? Though, it didn't particular help her case either way. The calmness made her smile. She always had been a hyper child so this calmness was needed now and then.

She tilted her head in thought as she pondered how to word her request. Couldn't exactly say 'yo, teach me, bub', ya know? After a few moments, Xeni had decided what to start with, hopefully not scaring the other person.

'I heard that there were those who took up the Yuuzhan Vong teachings after the treaty took place. Your name popped up in that list, mind you it seemed aged. I...er.. had an encounter of some sort with them, and have come across a dilemma. I thought that if some who could Force and may be perhaps understand the Yuuzhan would be able to help uncover the solution,' she concluded. '... Is this correct?' She did chase after rumors and such, and she could have possibly just offended him.

But hey, a lead is a lead.
-----
@[member="Qae Shena"]

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Qae's arms folded across his chest as Xeni inquired about his time spent with the Yuuzhan Vong. Well, it wasn't exactly a secret, given the fact that he was rather well vongformed and one of his starships was in fact named for the trickster goddess (and, incidentally, his Master). Needless to say, he could certainly make do with her request and help her out if she asked for something.

You heard right. I'm a warrior of Domain Bal, he confirmed. I follow the teachings of the Gods almost as much as I follow the teachings of the Je'daii. If you'd like to spare some time, I'm more than happy to sit down with you and give you the information you need.

The offer was there; he could take her somewhere quiet where she could take her notes however she needed and Qae could sit down and regale her with tales of the Yuuzhan Vong. Easy, right?

Xeni simply radiated happiness. The lead was a success! She gestured towards the town behind her. 'We could go back and sit and talk! I'm ecstatic that I found you! Finally!' A big grin and a hop.

Well, until a large grumble echoed from her stomachs, demanding sacrifice in the form of edible food. Silence. A small chuckle. 'Perhaps we can eat as well, Sir Qae?' A shy smile as she rubbed her forehead, a small embarrassed blush coming to her face. Wasn't exactly a favorable first impression, but maybe he could overlook that one thing?

But still! Someone who knew about the Yuuzhan and maintained the Force. The thought was incredible and most helpful. If she was gonna pin this 'maybe' ability down, she was gonna have to see every aspect possible concerning the Force-Dead species. If this man could grasp the Force and the Yuuzhan teachings, she might get a hint as how to actually see them.
--------
@[member="Qae Shena"] : Oh goodness. I promise I'm better than this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom