Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Choice and Consequence

Status
Not open for further replies.
grDzEDl.jpg

Intent: To possess powerful side-arm weapons.
Development Thread:
- Taozin/Beskar Acquisition
- Additional Beskar Acquisition Thread
- Development thread
Manufacturer: Thresco Jorr
Model: TB-1 Side-Arms (Dubbed "Choice & Consequence")
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Classification: Blaster (Side-Arm)
Size: Handheld
Length: 25 Centimeters
Weight: 1.2 Kilograms
Ammunition Type:
- Beskar tipped rounds
- Plasma Power Cell
- Tibanna Gas Cell
Ammunition Capacity:
- 1 Lichbane Magazine
- 1 round per 2 seconds recharge (Needs new cell after X uses)
- 12 consecutive ion shots (fully charged)
Effective Range:
- 25m Optimal
- 100m Minimal
Rate of Fire:
- Single action (Charged Round)
- Three round burst
Special Features:
- Switchable fire-rate
- Switchable ammunition (Ion / Beskar)

Strengths: Being able to switch between hard projectiles and Ion bolts. Has a single action and a three-round burst setting, as well as a three second charge setting. This charged bolt also depletes three rounds when fired. The Lichbane bullets were made specifically for this weapon, as the weapon was made specifically for them. Effective against heavy and light armored adversaries.
Weaknesses: The pistols are relatively heavy due to there being a lot more inside of it than meets the naked eye. While hard, one can use the gun to fire singular rounds of Ion bolts, though the three round burst setting and the hard beskar rounds can only be used when also wearing the Lichbane armor. This is for two simple reasons. When not having the additional support of the armored gauntlets, firing three round bursts becomes messy as the recoil may push the weapon out of his hands and cause all the rounds to hopelessly miss. The second reason is that the heavy beskar tipped rounds firing without the suit on for protection has such a powerful recoil that it would otherwise break his wrists in the attempt. The gauntlets however dampen the recoil greatly, but do not completely nullify it. Three round burst does not work for the hard projectiles, only for the Ion bolt shots. Finally, the special casing of the Lichbane rounds are the only slug type bullets that can fit in this weapon as they were made specifically for it.

Description: Probably a one of a kind weapon, aside from the fact that there are two of them in the entire galaxy, they were made for the sole purpose of making Thresco's life as a Bounty Hunter easier. During meetings, the only weapons often allowed inside for protection are side-arms, which was why Choice and Consequence have been made. Made to fight any opponent, they each have room inside of the handle for the Lichbane magazines, which are slid up and connected to the tibanna gas cell, which is the key component to making the bullets function.

The normal rate of fire is limited to simple Ion bolts, though the rate of fire can be switched between single-action and three round bursts. The three round burst can be used four times in rapid succession before the cell is depleted and will require time to recharge. With a recharge rate of one round per second, the weapon is ready to be used against relatively quickly. Additionally, when in single-action mode, a charged Ion bolt can be fired after being held in for three seconds. Made from carbonized beskar, the guns are both light and durable, making them potentially useful as blunt hand-held weapons if need be.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
Thresco said:
Beskar tipped rounds
You might have to make a submission specifically for these bullet rounds as they are not made previously, and I do not know of any canon source for this.

Thresco said:
Being able to switch between hard projectiles and Ion bolts
How does it switch? Slugthrowers and Ion blasters use completely different tech to fire, and need different forms of firing. SLugthrowers use combustion or magnetism. Ion uses something else.

Thresco said:
three-round burst setting
This is not possible with ion guns. Sure, slugs, but not ion pistols.

Thresco said:
Never runs out of bullets due to the recharging plasma cell. Effective against heavy and light armored adversaries.
You still need to load the slugthrowers. You will reload. And current Ion technology makes you reload the powercells.

Thresco said:
only be used when also wearing the Lichbane armor.
Link me said armor.

Thresco said:
powerful recoil that it would otherwise break his wrists in the attempt.
You will need power armor to compensate for the recoil. Just because its armor, does not mean you can just suddenly control the weapon's recoil.

Thresco said:
1 round per second recharge
Gonna be slower than that buddy. Sorry, but you can't have infinite ammo like that. Maybe if the recharge time was one a minute, since this is a sidearm, and not a primary pistol.

Thresco said:
cartridge
As a gun enthusiast, I am going to tell you, Magazine.

Thresco said:
it can pack a surprisingly powerful punch capable of blowing one's head to bits.
Ion blasters do not blow people's heads to bits. They shortcircuit droids and machines. At the very best, it would cause a very powerful stinging sensation to humans, or other biological creatures.

As well, I need a larger description about how these two very different forms of guns, are combined into one.

Over all, I would like these things fixed. As well, I will need a development thread on how you came up with the idea to create these guns, As well as the actual fabrication of them.

[member="Thresco"]

Charged Burst = Removed
Cartridge renamed Magazine

The 1 round per second recharge was modeled after a Clone Wars era DC-series pistol that used Ion based fire and had a recharge rate of 1 round per second. Can make it two seconds if it is too quick, just wanted to point out that it was taken from the design of an older type of side-arm that also uses ion bolts.

The armor these pistols were made to match with are this http://starwarsrp.net/topic/88464-vsinah-beskargam/. As such, the recoil is something the armor can handle, especially with the micronized gauntlets and folded beskar plating.

I will make a separate Technology thread for the Beskar tipped rounds.
Edit: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/88598-lichbane-magazines/

Also, the idea was for the magazines to be slipped into the handle of the gun. Once they are in place, the tibanna cell will discharge a small charge, strong enough to propel the bullet forward like a normal hand gun would. Once the magazine is empty, it slips back out and the gun goes back to firing Ion bolts.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
[member="Thresco"],

Thresco said:
The 1 round per second recharge was modeled after a Clone Wars era DC-series pistol that used Ion based fire and had a recharge rate of 1 round per second. Can make it two seconds if it is too quick, just wanted to point out that it was taken from the design of an older type of side-arm that also uses ion bolts.
First of all, It was clone wars era tech. Meaning *realistically* nobody should know about that technology. This is almost 600 years after that time period. Second, this is a prototype weapon where you are combining two completely different types of guns together. Slug throwers, and Ion blasters. So, if you could do it to at least, one round every two seconds, and after *set number of rounds* the energy cell(s) needs to be replaced.

Thresco said:
The armor these pistols were made to match with are this http://starwarsrp.ne...inah-beskargam/. As such, the recoil is something the armor can handle, especially with the micronized gauntlets and folded beskar plating.
Then the armor would not be able to completely nullify the recoil. It can dampen it, but not nullify that. Please mention that in the sub for the guns.

As well, add in the weaknesses that because you are using a special casing for your Litchbane rounds, that the gun can only use those rounds, and not conventional rounds.

Give me an accurate number of recharges before I would need to replace the cell, and I will be sure to edit appropriately.

Added the special casing weakness and dampening effect of the armor gauntlets.

Also, the Development thread is as good as done, and will take place in the same Development thread as the Armor matching the guns. It is currently around 12 posts in, and will require at least three more to finish it up.

Due to the story I wrote, I had to mix things up a little. Developed the guns and the armor in the same thread, meaning I will need to still make the Lichbane bullets in a different thread, though that is the price I have to pay for a story that makes sense to me. In any case, added the required link to acquisition of ore and development, hoping they will be sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom