Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Children of the Wastes

Definitely wasn’t what Jared wanted to hear. He may not be a strict Jedi any longer, but he was his father’s son. He wanted to help those who needed it, and normally? That meant bringing home certain beings alive. But if she had been abandoned here? Before? Who was he to get in the way of something that didn’t concern him? The traveling Force user was willing to listen.

But she was going to get out of this properly.

“Left you to die, or as a sacrifice? They mean two things, last time I checked…” But who was he to judge a group from a desert wasteland? He grew up on the Core and found himself on some weird Rim and Unknown Regions worlds. And Light knew the Chiss had their odd habits when it came to proof of skill and ability.

“I… I’ll do as you say.” He was honest but didn’t sound sold on the idea.

Choli Vyn Choli Vyn

A faint shudder in Choli's eyes, a flicker that darkened them to a steely grey of a final decision edged with melancholy at Jared Starchaser Jared Starchaser 's question. The weight of her choice was palpable, a burden she carried with a mix of determination and sorrow.

"A sacrifice."
The act had been devoid of malice, a necessity in the grand scheme of things. Choli's demeanor, far from bitter, was resigned. It was a decision that had to be made, and now, there was no turning back.

"Thank you."
Choli understood that it was a hard ask. Honestly, if Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker had been here, he would have likely not been able to follow through with the ask. It might have turned into an arguement. But this had to be done the proper way. Much like he had said that he trusted the Force to search for his crystal in a Sandstorm, Choli had to follow the rite as expected by her clan. Otherwise, how could she stand proudly and call herself an adult and a warrior without it?

"I know it is a big ask."
she added, before gesturing for the Mirialian to follow her.

"I just have to stick as close to tradition as I can to make sure it counts."

She tossed him back a look; this time her eyes shone green in mild amusement.

"I am not planning to die tonight, Jared. I want to live."

Wasn’t exactly what he wanted to hear. Jared didn’t get along too well with folks who were sacrificing anyone, least of all one of their own. But he was not going to fault Choli for what had happened to her. He’d be here to support her, even if he was going to have a grand time allowing himself to walk away should the worst happen. Still, his whole attitude changed from one of excitement for the coming fight to one of almost sorrow for her.

Melancholy.

“Are there anyone that should … nevermind, I assume your R4 will know everything…”
Who to contact?

Did she have a family?

But as they continued speaking, and walking, he nodded. “I get that, tradition counts. Jedi, even Witches have their traditions.” And with her follow up statement.

“Of that, miss Choli, I had no doubt.”

Choli Vyn Choli Vyn

“Are there anyone that should … nevermind, I assume your R4 will know everything…”

Choli gave a pause, understanding what Jared Starchaser Jared Starchaser meant. "Chloe, my master. Arr-Four would know how to reach her. She is due to come back in a couple of days soo..." She flashed him a wry grin, as if the morbid conversation of her potential death was everyday conversation. "If the ancestors so decide, she would be the one."

Did she have family? No, Chloe was the closest thing to a family Choli had. Other than that, there was -- no, odds were he wouldn't want to hear of me.

With that in place, Choli took a deep breath and then broadened her grin, "Alright, let's go."

Choli let Jared out of the cavern into the moonlit desert. A gust of wind brought with it the scent of desert sage and grit. As familiar as it was bittersweet.

"What traditions do you hold dear Jared?" curious, as she began to lead him away from the cavern towards the gullies and canyons to search for Sand Demon tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom