Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Children of the Sun

Since the Jedi Knight had left Lorrd, she had been able to visit her family there easily. However, with the rising tensions between the Jedi and Sith, this was becoming more difficult. Lorrd was her home, a place where she had been raised and before the Sith might conscript her son into being in their army, she wanted at least him away.

She didn't think her parents or sisters would want to leave but knew her son had longed to get off Lorrd. Now a potential opportunity had arisen and she followed the trail that was in front of her. There were times when logic was better than just following her intuition.

Seo didn't have many contacts within smugglers or underworld people, but she did have a few. Deciding to contact one of them, she sent a coded message. It didn't take long for her to get a reply. Her message was returned in the same code and the normally expressionless woman smiled.

Using her contact as a go-between for a smuggler, a meeting was arranged. Choosing to not meet on Kashyyyk or Lorrd, she picked a neutral world to have the session.

The only thing about Seo that indicated she was a Jedi or Force user was the lightsaber clipped on her hip. Lorrd was a desert world, so she picked clothing that matched that environment. Browns, tans and a little gold threading throughout whatever she wore. Wearing a scarf around her neck was also a part of her outfit. Somethings never left her and this was one of them.

Sitting inside the cantina, she waited for the woman smuggler she was here to meet.

Aela Wren

Aela Wren

A
Aela was on Ord Mantell with a gun run that she was requested to do, when a message came through from her contact, Manx - a silent mission. The meeting was to be on Anobis. She grabbed Bonnie and headed for the neutral world.

On Manx's directions, she made her way to the cantina. Bonnie remained on the Phoenix in the case that they needed a quick exit. As Aela walked into the building, her eyes needed a few seconds to adjust after the bright sunlight outside. There was quite a nice vibe inside with some music blaring from a holobox and different conversations merging together into a hum. This suited the young pilot perfectly, as it would not be easy to overhear some kind of plot in here.

She had no idea who it was she was meeting, so she headed over to the bar. As she waited for the Zabrak to pour her a drink, she scanned the room. Soon, her eye caught a woman towards a corner, dressed slightly different than the rest - the gold-woven cloak was not easy to miss. Or maybe it was - Aela had just gotten used to the identifying her clients. She grabbed her pink-strawed drink and headed over to the corner table.
"You waiting for a pilot?" she asked the woman in front of her. She took a sip through the straw, waiting for the woman to confirm and asking her to sit.

vTkD9a.gif

Seo Linn Seo Linn

Water was something precious on her world, so that is what Seo was drinking when the smuggler arrived. Setting her glass down, she motioned for her to take a seat. Giving the woman a nod in answer to her question. It wasn't that Seo couldn't speak, but body language sometimes said more than words ever could.

Once Aela had taken a seat, she sat back in her chair and looked across at her.

"I am. My name is Seo Linn and I am a Jedi Knight."

She gave her name and what she was. This didn't explain why she needed to hire a pilot. That would come in time. Right now all she wanted to do was discuss the business and go from there. Hoping Aela would be the right person for the job. Her son also needed to agree to leave. Just something to deal with when the time came.

Moving slowly, once a name was provided for her, she would take a chip out of a pocket and set it on the table. Motioning to it, she gave another small nod.

"On that is the job. Take a look and decide if it's something you're interested in taking."

If she took the chip and looked at it, it would give all of the important details of the job. Location, objective and many potential hazards that might be met.

Aela Wren

Aela Wren

A
The woman invited her to sit and then introduced herself as a Jedi Knight. Aela raised an eyebrow slightly - why would a Jedi need to hire her? It did not matter much - as long as the Jedi paid her.
"Aela Wren. I assume you already know what I am, otherwise I won't be here. Now, why am I here?" she asked, before taking another sip from her straw.

The Jedi handed her a chip and Aela scanned the job before putting it back down. She leaned back in her chair and scanned the room nonchalantly for a minute. She then looked back at Seo.
"I'm interested. But the fact that we are heading into Sith Space, has just upped the price. I don't think your kind is pretty popular over there. I'll get you through. But we need to be in and out before an eyebrow is raised at you. So whoever it is I'm smuggling, will have to be ready to leave at a moment's notice. Can I have that guarantee?"

Aela was not too worried of flying around a Sith controlled area, but carting around their sworn enemy was another thing. Aela knew, however, that everything doesn't always go according to plan. She had to prepare herself for some hot water. In a way, she looked forward to a job that was a bit riskier than the usual. She enjoyed the thrill of eminent danger.
"When can I expect to leave for this?" she asked Seo, stirring her drink with the straw.

vTkD9a.gif

Seo Linn Seo Linn

When the woman introduced herself, she got a knowing nod from Seo. Over the years she had worked a few times with the Mandalorians and knew of the Wren clan. Not questioning the family name, it did not matter much to her. Honor was something cherished and if Aela followed the ideals of them then she had a partner she could trust.

Of course, once their destination was known, the price went up. The payment was not an issue for the Jedi. The once slave had learned quickly about value and credits. It wasn't that she hoarded what she earned, but she lived a simple life and saved what she could. Maybe for a rainy day situation like this one was.

"No problem. If there were a way for me to assure you my son would be ready to leave, I would. That I can not guarantee. Getting in touch with my family there is difficult."

Coming and going normally wasn't an issue, it was the taking of citizens of Lorrd that was difficult. Then she asked when she would need to be ready to leave.

"How much time will you need to be ready?"

Taking the chip when it was set down, it disappeared into a pocket of the Jedi. No sense in leaving it lying around where it might get lost or worse, taken. Whatever answer was given by Aela, Seo was ready to leave any time. All she would be taking with her were the clothes on her back and whatever she already had with her.

Aela Wren

Aela Wren

A
Seo told her straight that she could not guarantee a swift exit. It might cause some trouble further on, but Aela would deal with it as the time comes. This woman was willing to pay double, so she was obviously serious about getting this done. If Aela didn't do it, a lesser pilot probably would, and that would put this woman and her noble cause in even more danger. Aela may be a mercenary, but she still had a heart and she was the better pilot.

Seo asked her how much time she needed. "I just need to restock quickly and go over my ship to see that everything is still in order. Depending on her state, I won't say more than a day. That enough time for you?" she asked, taking another drink. She was mighty glad for that static jammer she had installed a few months back. It would make things a little easier.

She watched as Seo returned the chip to her pocket, nodding in approval. "I'm glad you take some precaution with this. But just to be clear, if things get too hot to handle, we leave, with or without your son. Number one, if you get captured, you'r Order won't be very fond of me, and I don't need the Jedi on my back. Number two, I have no ambition to be shot down by the Sith, or worse, captured." She had smuggled goods in and out of Sith space before, but moving people is another story.

She finished her drink and then leaned forward. "I'll take a 40% deposit now. I want that ship in top shape to evade Imperials, and for that I need money." she said. She hated the financial part of the business when it came to dealing with good people. But business was still business. "I'll see you at the ports at dawn. I'll do my utmost best to get your son out. If he wants to leave, that is." she added after business was concluded. She had her reservations about getting caught up in the Jedi-Sith feud, but on the other hand, she did feel an obligation to help. She just hoped it wouldn't cost her life.

vTkD9a.gif

Seo Linn Seo Linn

The Knight listened quietly to what Aela was saying. She requested a partial payment before leaving. Considering where they were going, Seo understood this and nodded.

"You will have your payment within minutes of parting from this meeting."

In order to keep things more under her control, she wasn't going to carry this amount of credits on her body. Over the years, she had saved up quite a large amount for this day. She had been a child that had one, but she had grown up quickly and having been a slave, she knew what money meant.

Moving slowly, she removed an item from another pocket. Holding it out to Aela, it was a scarf similar to the one she wore.

"If we get caught in a desert storm, you're going to need one of these. I can show you how to wear it properly on the way. I understand your decisions on some of those things. Knowing my son, he will be more than happy to leave. So I don't feel we will need to worry about that."

Drinking down the last of her own water, she set the glass down and stood up. With a small nod, she ended the meeting.

"I will see you in the morning."

Aela Wren

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom