Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Cheap thrills

qC8JFYe.png

Objective: Ask her out on a first date
Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

div1.png

Today was the day the big coruscant annual fair rolled about, a time when everyone would get together to have fun and get some cute prizes. Silas had gone to it a few times over the years with friends, but this year he felt like he could do something different. He and Thelma had gotten very close, yet neither of them had asked the other on a date. Right now, he couldn't think of a better time. To say the least, Silas was quite nervous.

Wrapping up the best he could in a jumper and hat, he made his way over to Thelma's room to ask the question. He'd rather ask her in person than through messages, it just showed that he cared rather than doing it half heartedly. Coming up to the entrance, he knocked three times and waited for the girl to open up. All he hoped was that it didn't result in him getting a door to the face.

"Thelma? are you in there?!"

Last edited:
Thelma froze when she heard a knock. She was in the 'fresher, frantically attempting to re-dye her hair. Something was wrong with the batch she'd bought earlier. Instead of coloring her hair dark brown, it had turned it dark green. She'd already been forced to go on a mission with Kahlil with green hair, and she certainly wasn't about to keep walking around with—

"Thelma? Are you in there?!"

Silas?!

"I-I'll be out shortly!" she replied, cringing at her reflection in the mirror. He couldn't see her like this.

Hastily she grabbed the bottle of dye remover, dumped it on her hair, and rinsed it off as thoroughly as she could manage. It was fast-working stuff—within just a couple of minutes, the dye was gone.

Completely gone.

A very shy Thelma finally opened the door, peeking out at Silas with a towel wrapped around her wet hair.

"Hi," she greeted him with a shy smile. In spite of her state of disarray, she was still happy to see him. "What's up?"

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

"Okay!" Silas replied back as he waited patiently for Thelma to open the door, eventually she did just that "Oh, hey" he said to her with a warm smile at first "Uh... do you want to come to the fairground with me? it shouldn't be too far from here" this wasn't any regular going out, it was more like him finally gathering the courage to go on a first date.

Raising a hand up slowly, he pointed to her hair
"What's with the towel around your hair huh?"

Thelma’s eyes widened. “The fairground?” she echoed, blinking. “I didn’t know there was a fairground near here…

It took a few seconds for the implications to hit home. “Are you… asking me out?” she asked, her voice so quiet it was almost a squeak.

When he asked about the towel wrapped around her head, she hesitated, trying to come up with a good excuse. Eventually, however, she reached out, grabbed Silas, and pulled him into her room before closing the door.

I don’t really want anyone else to see…” she said, unwrapping the towel. Underneath it was her naturally red hair. “I normally dye my hair a darker color, but the dye I used today was defective. It turned my hair a really awful shade of dark green. I was just about to go out and get more dye, but then you showed up, and I didn’t want you to see me with green hair, so I just threw on some dye remover and… and here we are.

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

"Of course, it comes around every year. It's actually one of the biggest in the galaxy!" He explained with a smile, only for it to fade when his face blushed deeply "I-I uh... yea?" Silas replied nervously before suddenly being pulled into the room with her, his glare looking to the red hair that had been revealed.

"Hey hey, what's there to worry about here? your natural hair looks amazing!" the padawan reassured her. Compared to her other hair color, he actually preferred this "I'm quite surprised you don't rock this more Thelma" Silas smiled warmly before moving forwards to give her a quick peck on the lips.

"Trust me, you look fine"

Oh. Okay. That does sound like fun.

The idea of it being a date sent butterflies fluttering in her stomach. She swallowed her nerves and nodded. “I want to go. I mean, with you—I want to go with you,” she sputtered.

His reaction to her being a redhead was unexpected. “You like it better?” she asked, one hand reaching up to touch her hair. “I dyed it so people wouldn’t recognize me, and because I thought it made me look too… too…

Whatever she had been trying to say trailed off as Silas leaned in to kiss her. Even as he pulled away, she still stood with her face upturned and her eyes closed, clearly wanting more. When he spoke instead, she opened her eyes with a start, her face flushing with embarrassment.

Thank you,” she murmured. “I… Do you want to go to the fair now, or later…?

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

Silas did a sigh of relief when Thelma agreed to come on a date with him. They had grown close as of late, it was only right to see if they could go further right? "Ah, that's good," he said with a warm smile, at least the hard part was over now. Although, when she tried to speak about her again he leaned forwards to give her that kiss.

For now, he didn't want to overload her with affection. The kiss was only a taster of what was to come "Don't mention it" Silas replied with that same calming smile "We can go now if you're up for it. If you need to get ready I can always wait, the fair won't go anywhere after all" the padawan said with a playful nudge

"What do you say huh?"

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

"That's the spirit" Silas laughed, his eyes silently watching Thelma get her things before she suddenly grabbed him by the hand to pull him out of the room with her "Whoaaa! we're in no rush!" he chuckled beside her, happy that she was eager to join him on this day.

It didn't take long for them to reach a taxi and reach the front entrance of the fairground, which was lit up with beautiful lights that pierced through the darkness that shrouded the city. Looking back at her with a smile he lightly squeezed her hand "When was the last time you went to something like this?" Silas asked curiously as they began walking through.

"The last time I went was when my mom took me to the capital of Azbrian for the weekend, that was when I was only knee high though..."

Thelma was quickly dazzled by the sights and sounds and smells of the fairground. There was a sweet scent on the air, that of carnival snacks and sugary treats.

"When was the last time you went to something like this?"

"Right before I came to Coruscant," she replied. "My family used to go every year to the carnival on Dahrtag."

Of course, it hadn't been all fun and games. Fairgrounds were fine hunting grounds in the eyes of her father. She had one particularly vivid memory of him lifting her up onto one of the painted horses of a merry-go-round. As she spun she saw him talking to the pretty woman operating the machinery. With each rotation they seemed to move steadily closer, their heads bowed, their eyes locked. Thelma's memory was fuzzy after that, but she knew he had convinced the woman to meet him later, after everyone had gone home for the night...

Drawing out of her thoughts, Thelma returned to the present. "I don't know where to start," she said excitedly. "Oh, do we have to pay for tickets?" That might limit their options.

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

"Ah, so you'll have some experience with the games then," he said competitively as if it was a challange. Silas always used to go up against his parents, and eventually it got to a point where he has mastered most if not all they had to offer. They were some of the best times of his life, now he had someone else close to his heart to have these moments with.

"We'll have to pay for tickets, but thankfully most are quite cheap to buy. You don't owe me anything after this, it was my idea after all" he said with a smile back to her as they came up to a stall where you had to knock all of the cans over with one ball to get a prize "This one here is a pain, the ball is light and the cans are heavy so you need to hit it in the right spot" nodding to the vendor he paid for one try each.

Silas picked up a ball and handed it to Thelma first "Ladies first"

Thelma nodded. "Good, because I'm pretty much broke." That's what she got for not charging people for her services.

Silas led the way to a stall. The game involved throwing soft balls at stacked metal cans, trying to knock them down. "What's the right spot?" she asked. "Center of mass? The top? The sides?..."

Taking a guess, she decided to shoot for the center. Her aim was good, and the stack collapsed, but one can was left standing. She groaned. So close!

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

"I'll let you have a go first and see where you pick," he said with a smile just before she threw the ball at the center, toppling most other than one which prevented her from getting her a prize "Ah! almost. Let me see if I can get it right..." he said with a smile before moving forwards to grab a ball tightly in his hand.

Moving his arm back, he threw it in the middle but a bitter lower than Thelma. The force was enough to send all of them toppling, even the ones at the end which were harder to get. All it took was tactics and a little bit of luck.

"Ah ha! there we go!" he said proudly, looking at Thelma with a giggle. All he needed to do now was pick the right reward, and something quickly caught his eye. A small, ewok plushie was there for the taking and he couldn't help but take it. Grasping the toy he turned back to Thelma and offered it to her with a warm expression.

"I think this little guy belongs to you"

Thelma watched Silas’ throw, pretending to pout when he managed to knock over all the cans. The faux pout disappeared when he presented her with an Ewok plushie. “Awww, thank you,” she exclaimed, hugging it. “It’s some sort of… tribal teddy bear thing.

She had never seen an actual Ewok before.

Turning away from the stall, she scanned the fairgrounds with a keen eye. “I bet I can beat you at the strength tester,” she said, pointing to the high striker and smiling innocently at Silas.

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

In all honesty, Silas had never seen an Ewok either. However, they looked cute enough to give as a cute plushie toy to a girl he admired "Cute right?" he chuckled as they turned away from the stall.

Smirking he folded his arms and raised a brow at Thelma "Is that so Goth? we'll have to put that to the test" he said competitively, walking over to a high striker to test their natural strength. Paying the vendor another credit, two tries were put before them.

"Go on then, let's see what you can do," Silas said while sticking his tongue out in a silly way.

Well, if Silas had no idea what it was either, they were in the same boat. “Yeah,” she said with a grin.

He took the bait. Foolish mortal. Sticking her tongue out right back at him, she strolled over to the high striker, tucked the Ewok away safely, picked up the hammer, and swung with all her might.

BANG! The bell was rung with an ear-splitting impact. Thelma’s chit-eating grin faltered, afraid she had broken the thing. But the metal bell remained intact, and the puck was only slightly battered by the blow.

A few people turned to stare. Thelma sheepishly handed the hammer off to Silas. "Your turn."

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

Giving an amused smirk he slowly shook his head to her sticking her tongue out back at him. If she was going to do that, Thelma had to have the strength behind it. Deep down, Silas already knew she had.

Watching Thelma carefully, she hit the machine with all her might and almost broke it with her power. Silas blinked a few times and slowly took it from her hands "Damn Thelma, you knocked it out of the water there" he said with a grin before heading to the machine himself.

Looking up briefly, he lifted the hammer and slammed it as hard as he could muster. It reached the top without hassle, but not with the same power as Thelma had "I'd say you've won this one Goth... wanna pick out the prize?"

Heh, yeah.

She watched as Silas hit the high striker. He succeeded in reaching the top, just not in as bombastic a manner as Thelma had. She had won, and the prize was hers to choose.

Turning toward the booth, she surveyed the selection, made her choice, and presented it to Silas the same way had presented her the stuffed Ewok, believing that this was the proper protocol when you were on a date at a carnival. Except she hadn’t picked out an Ewok.

She had picked out a rubber duck.

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

Folding his arms, Silas watched on as she made her selection. Slowly, his brows raised in surprise at what she chose in the end. Raising it up to his face, it appeared Thelma had chosen a rubber duck for his gift "Thelma... what was your reasoning for choosing the rubber duck?" he asked curiously, his hand carefully tucking it into his pocket.

"I'll admit though, rubber ducks are cute too," he said with a grin before gently raising a hand to her face to squeeze one of her rosy cheeks "Come on, There's a shooting game we can both play at the same time" Silas winked at Thelma and led her to the stall, where blasters filled with water were waiting for them.

The goal was to work together to shoot the targets, if they got a high enough score, they'd get a big fluffy Wookie as their grand prize "I hope you have a decent aim!"

"Thelma... what was your reasoning for choosing the rubber duck?"

"I... Uh..." Her blush deepened and her smile turned nervous. She hadn't really known what to pick. The rubber duck was chosen at random, and now she was afraid she had gotten the wrong thing. "... Do you like it?"

"I'll admit though, rubber ducks are cute too."

He pinched her cheek as if she were a kid. "You tease," she whined, seizing his hand and kissing it. Her lips were silky against the toughened calluses on his palm.

She allowed him to lead her to the next game, a shooting gallery. Picking up one of the water guns, she pointed it at Silas with a grin. "My aim is perfect," she said, pulling the trigger.

The Twi'lek managing the stall sighed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom