Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap Oil in Tatooine

[member="Vee Toa(Hutt Rep)"]

An eight-foot-tall warthog stirred in his chair outside a sandblasted cantina. It was a hot day, and he didn't appreciate heat; he'd procured a large fan. He fanned himself significantly as he eyed the green alien.

"Come in and rest in the shade, friend," he rumbled. He raised a dusty soda can. "Have a drink. I've got fuel you could buy - not a lot of it, but enough. Where'd you run out of gas? Not in the dunes, I hope?"

"My business is called whatever I want to call it on any given day. Let me just consult my calendar."

Velok took a long drink and set the crumpled can on the table.

"It's Taungsday, which means my business is called 'I happen to have acquired some speeder fuel that I'm happy to sell you, minus a tiny surcharge for transportation out to the dunes, Incorporated.' How far out did you run out of gas?"

[member="Velok the Younger"]
"Not that far actually, maybe 5 miles, but it sure is hot out in the Desert." Toa replies "You may or may not know that I am the Representative for the Hutts. It is a very tiring job, because all they want me to do is defend them, which I don't do, but don't tell anyone I said so!" "I'll be happy to be the oil from you at any price!"

"A representative for the Hutt Kajidics..." Velok sat up a little straighter. Layers of windblown grit sloughed off his fur and puffed away on the breeze. "And any price, you say. Five miles? Completely doable."

He stood, barked at a comlink in his native language, and loomed over Vee in a friendly manner.

"Shall we say five wupiupi a liter, all-inclusive? A modest markup, enough of a profit to keep food on the table - a fair deal?"

The fan fanned uproariously. What a hot fething day.

"Certainly. I won't insult you by asking for payment up front."

Not that it would be necessary. A large speeder roared up, piloted by an even larger Whiphid - Velok's grandson, Velok the Youngest, also known as Bubs. Like his grandfather, he was sweating furiously. "Hop in, Grandpa," said a quarter ton of warthog. Velok got into the speeder's back seat, leaving the shotgun seat for Vee Toa. Beside Velok, several cans of speeder fuel sloshed against the seatbelt.

"This way," said Velok, pointing along Vee's trail of footprints. Bubs accelerated, and the speeder shot out of town toward Vee's vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom