Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Chasing Shadows

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png
It had been a dreary and uneventful day within the walls of the Jedi Temple until a morsel of intriguing information reached Braze's ears. His curiosity piqued, and he couldn't help but overhear two adults exchanging hushed words in the Archives. The mention of a secret restricted area sparked a fire within him, igniting his adventurous spirit. But he knew that embarking on this daring escapade alone would be unwise. He needed a partner in crime, an ally in his audacious endeavor.
With a mischievous glimmer in his eyes, Braze sought out Nir Si, a fellow Padawan who happened to be a Cathar boy. A grin stretched across Braze's face as he approached Nir Si, eager to share his exhilarating idea.

"Hey, Nir Si! Guess what I just found out," Braze exclaimed, barely containing his excitement. He waved him closer and looked about suspiciously before lowering his voice to a whisper as he cupped an ear around the Cathar's ear. "There's a secret restricted area in the Jedi Temple, hidden away from our maps. It's like a hidden treasure waiting to be discovered! I was thinking, how about we play explorers and venture into this mysterious place? But here's the catch, we have to keep it a secret. Can I count on you to join me in this thrilling quest?"

Rock and Roll MotherFluffers

New_GA1.png

The last few weeks had been quiet for the cathar boy. Slowly integrating himself into the temple, working his skills up to par with the other padawans. He had a lightsaber now, which he always seemed to keep in his room, unlike all the other padawans. One thing had kept things busy though. A boy named Braze. He seemed to always have some scheme to do, which tickled the cathar's inner rebel. If he knew how to play, Nir was tempted to ask Braze to join his band. For now though, today was once again Braze calling for adventure.

"...yeah sure. Do we happen to know where this hidden chamber of secrets is? Or are we just going off the cuff?"

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png
Braze grinned mischievously at Nir's response, his eyes alight with excitement. "Nir, my friend, that's the beauty of it! The mystery lies in the unknown. We don't have a specific location, but that's what makes it an adventure. We'll rely on our instincts, the Force, and a little bit of luck to guide us. It's like unlocking a hidden treasure, discovering something amazing together."

Braze waved a hand for emphasis. He patted Nir on the back, his voice filled with enthusiasm. "Trust me, Finding it is gonna be the fun part."

Braze's eyes sparkled with anticipation as he continued, "But remember, we have to keep it our little secret. No one else can know about our expedition. The thrill of the forbidden is what makes it all the more exciting, right? So, are you ready to embrace the unknown, Nir? Let's become the adventurers this temple has been waiting for!?" Braze asked hyping this up as any cheesy tour guide might.

New_GA1.png

"Bro, you're crazy." He smiled. "Let's do it. Where we do start?"
He always enjoyed this kinda spontaneity. It's what kept life interesting, and gave him more to write songs about.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png

Braze chuckled at Nir's response, appreciating his adventurous spirit. "That's the spirit, Nir! Embrace the craziness, my friend. Life is too short to play it safe all the time. Now, as for where we start, I have a few ideas."

He leaned in closer, his voice lowering to a conspiratorial whisper. "First, we'll need to gather some intel. I heard a rumor that there's an old janitor who knows the temple inside out. He might have some hidden knowledge about secret passages and hidden chambers. Let's find him and see if he can point us in the right direction. I hear he's called crazy old Maurice."

Braze's eyes gleamed with excitement as he continued, "Then, we'll need some tools. I've heard whispers about an old maintenance room on the lower levels. It's said to be filled with all sorts of gadgets and gizmos. We might just stumble upon something that will aid us in our exploration."

He paused for a moment, his smile widening. "Have you ever heard about this fellow?" Braze asked.

New_GA1.png

Nir blinked. "I uh.,...have my droid repair kit if we need something to pick locks, I guess." He had never intended to use it as such, but ya know, it's could be. "Never heard of Maurice though. Then again, I've only been here like...a month now?"

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png
Nir's mention of having a droid repair kit for potential lock-picking caught Braze's attention. His eyes widened with curiosity and a mischievous grin spread across his face. Lock-picking? That sounded like an adventure in itself.

"Lock picks? Heck yeah~" Braze exclaimed, his excitement palpable. "I've seen some interesting doors down by the hangar. Come on, Nir, let's check it out!" He eagerly gestured for Nir to follow, already envisioning the thrill of unraveling the mysteries behind those locked doors.

The duo made their way through the corridors of the Jedi Temple, their footsteps echoing softly against the polished floors. Braze's eyes darted around, scanning the surroundings for any signs of potential obstacles or curious onlookers. This was their secret little adventure, after all.

As they reached the hangar, Braze's gaze settled on a peculiar door tucked away in a corner. It appeared different from the rest, adorned with intricate carvings and an air of mystery (graffiti). The sight of it further fueled his excitement.

"There it is, Nir," Braze whispered, his voice filled with a sense of anticipation. "That's the door we should explore. I can feel it. It's like a calling."

He approached the door cautiously, his fingers tingling with anticipation. Braze glanced back at Nir, his eyes sparkling with determination and a touch of mischief. "Ready to unlock some secrets, my friend?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

New_GA1.png

Braze seemed determined to lead the way, and Nir couldn't help but follow. The kid might have all the spunk in the world, and he'd make a great leader if he got the chance. Maybe someday. But Nir knew the guitarist could only lead so long before the singer bailed them out. Or at least, that's how he saw it. Seeing the door, Nir furrowed his furry brow. Alright boy, show time. He held a hand out, a small flash appearing as he summoned a small screwdriver like device, that he then used to pick the lock. Usually he'd be using this to mess with the internals of a droid, or of a speeder, delicate work that required a steady hand. But this required much of the same.

"Aaaaaand..." Click!
"We're in!"

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png

Braze's eyes widened "Wow... What was that? That was amazing!" he exclaimed, in awe as the storage closet door swung open, revealing a hidden treasure trove of forgotten items. The small room, though modest in size, was filled with an intriguing assortment of objects and supplies. Braze marveled at the sight, taking in the sight of shelves lined with tools, spare parts, and various cleaning supplies neatly organized.

The air in the closet carried a faint scent of cleaning agents. Brooms and mops stood tall in one corner, their bristles and fibers well-worn from years of service. Bottles of polish and cleansers were neatly arranged on a shelf. Shelves along the walls were adorned with an assortment of items. Spare bolts, nuts, and screws were stored in small bins, ready to mend whatever needed fixing. A collection of rags and cleaning cloths were stacked neatly, their fibers soft and ready to wipe away dust and grime. In one corner, a toolbox sat open, revealing an array of tools for various maintenance tasks. Screwdrivers, pliers, and wrenches were meticulously arranged.

The closet held a sense of quiet efficiency as if it were a sanctuary for the diligent caretakers who maintained the Jedi Temple. Despite its humble appearance, the maintenance janitor's closet held the potential for hidden treasures and the means to keep the Temple in pristine condition.

"Now then there has to be a key ring around here somewhere... " Braze trailed looking about and starting to rummage through the closet.

New_GA1.png

Nir scrunched his nose at the sudden rush of aromas, the smell of chemicals irritating his sensitive nose. He watched as the boy rushed in, rummaging through what was probably some poor janitor's hard work of organization. He hoped, at least, that this was a worthwhile venture that would yield some results, rather than Braze simply messing up the cleaning staff's stuff for little reason. "That was a droid multitool. Makes repair work for stuff that doesn't require specialized parts easy. Thank Sylvar for standardized parts. Also makes a decent lockpick. What, you've never messed with a droid before?"

wb1.png
TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png
" I've seen the tool before- I haven't seen someone make one appear from thin air before."
Braze grinned mischievously as he eyed the keys placed high on the shelves. With a playful determination, he began to climb up the shelves, his agile movements resembling that of a cat. As he reached out to grab the keys, he couldn't resist teasing Nir. "I must have a secret cat burglar in my midst, huh? Picking locks like it's second nature!"
He let out a playful giggle, feeling a sense of accomplishment as he successfully snatched up a digital badge from the shelf.
"And what do we have here?" he exclaimed, holding up the badge triumphantly. "A VIP pass for the Janitors' Secret Club! I heard they have the ultimate access to every nook and cranny in the temple. With this, we'll be unstoppable!"

Braze's playful banter continued as he reveled in his small victory.

New_GA1.png

"Cat Burglar? Please don't start calling me that." He deadpanned, running a hand through his hair. "That's a me thing. I can just...summon stuff. Ya know?"

He eyed the badge, his long ears flattening at the thought
. "We should make sure to put it back when we're done with it. Don't wanna lose it..."
In reality, he wasn't exactly comfortable with stealing, but it was harmless fun at the moment, so he couldn't raise too many objections. Yet. Braze seemed determined at the moment, so he felt an obligation to act as his jiminy cricket for now.

Braze Braze

wb1.png
TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png
"Of course we're going to return it. We don't want to get caught, do we?" Braze reassured, his voice filled with a playful tone. He hopped down from the shelves and quickly grabbed Nir by the collar, pulling him in close and lowering his voice to a conspiratorial whisper.

"Hey, don't you dare turn into a scaredy-cat on me now!" Braze warned, his eyes twinkling mischievously. He released Nir with a playful grin before taking the lead.

"Come on, follow me. I have an idea of where we can take a look," he said, his voice brimming with excitement. "There's this mysterious door I've always noticed, but I never knew where it led. It's time to uncover its secrets!"

With that, Braze padded off towards the archives, his steps filled with a sense of adventure and curiosity. He couldn't resist the allure of exploring the unknown, and he was determined to bring Nir along for the ride.

New_GA1.png

Nir rolled his eyes as he followed along. "Are you just gonna keep making cat puns, or do you have any original material?"

The boy at least had his eyes on the prize. Keeping pace with Braze, Nir almost felt a sense of youthful invincibility ooze off the boy's back, Nir wishing he had that same sense of shamelessness. He felt it on stage, but rarely he felt it in life. Maybe he just wasn't trying hard enough...

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png
Braze chuckled in response to Nir's remark. "Oh, come on, Nir! Can't resist a good cat pun every now and then," he replied with a playful grin. "But don't worry, I've got plenty of original material up my sleeve."

As they continued their adventure, Braze noticed Nir's introspective demeanor. He could sense the longing in his fellow padawan, a desire to embrace that same sense of youthful invincibility that seemed to radiate from Braze himself. Braze could just about feel that desire.

Braze guided Nir through the labyrinthine halls of the New Jedi Order's archives, their steps echoing in the quiet stillness of the ancient corridors. The walls were adorned with shelves upon shelves of holobooks and datapads, a vast repository of knowledge spanning countless generations.

As they rounded a corner, Braze's keen eyes caught sight of a peculiar door nestled in a far corner, almost hidden from view. Its surface bore intricate carvings, marking it as something special, different from the other doors that lined the archives. It beckoned them, as if holding secrets waiting to be unraveled.

"Hey, Nir, check this out,"
Braze called, his voice filled with excitement. "I think I've found something interesting here. This door... it's unlike any other in the archives. I've passed by here countless times, but I've never seen it before. It's like it was intentionally hidden away."

Curiosity brimming within him, Braze approached the door, his hand grazing over its smooth surface, tracing the ancient symbols etched into the material. There was an air of mystery surrounding it, as if it held untold stories within its confines.

He turned towards his friend, a mischievous smile playing on his lips. "What do you say, partner? Shall we unlock the secrets that lie beyond this hidden door? Care to do the honors?" He offered Nir the ID badge.

New_GA1.png

Nir eyed the door, then the badge. The point of no return, as the old holobooks put it. He stared for just long enough for Braze to wonder if he was gonna bail, before letting out a sigh. We'd made it this far, might as well. "Alright, gimme the badge."

He took the small piece of plastoid, bringing it up to the door. If this did work, he'd pray to the force and the gods of rock and roll that he'd somehow make it out of this alive.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png

As Braze handed the small badge to Nir, the young Padawan couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and trepidation. The door let out a soft hum, and with a barely audible click, it slid open.

To their surprise, the sight that greeted them was far from what they expected. The hallway beyond was filled with tall, towering mirrors that stretched from the floor to the ceiling. The reflective surfaces created an illusion of infinite hallways, as if they were standing at the entrance of a maze of mirrors.

The experience was surreal, and it felt like stepping into another dimension. Each mirror seemed to distort reality in its own unique way, bending light and reflections in mesmerizing patterns. As they moved forward, the reflections of Braze and Nir multiplied, creating a seemingly endless line of themselves stretching into the distance.

Only after a few steps in the door behind them closed shut and seemingly recessed disappearing as a wall came up locking them in.
"Well that's not concerning at all..." Braze said looking at the way they came.

Walking through this 'funhouse' of mirrors was both enchanting and disorienting. It was hard to distinguish what was real and what was illusion. The mirrors played tricks on their perceptions, making the path ahead seem to shift and twist. The mirrors seemed to hold secrets within their surfaces, revealing fragments of different realities and possible paths.

As they ventured deeper into the maze of mirrors, Braze noticed that the reflections were not just of themselves. Sometimes, they caught glimpses of peculiar figures that seemed to vanish as quickly as they appeared. It was as if the mirrors held echoes of others who had ventured into this strange place before them.

The sensation of oddity and uncertainty lingered with each step they took. The hallways seemed to lead in all directions, and the deeper they ventured, the more the maze seemed to twist and fold back upon itself

Despite the intrigue and excitement, Braze remained cautious, knowing that this was not just a playful diversion. There was a deeper meaning to this maze of mirrors—a metaphor for life's illusions and the search for truth.

New_GA1.png

Whatever meaning the maze had, it was lost on Nir. He did have an idea though. "...if this is a maze..."

The cathar boy closed his eyes, summoning his power in the Force to cause the air around them to rush forward towards wherever the closest exit was. His logic was that if this was a maze, it had to have an end somewhere. They could simply follow the wind there.

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png
As Nir closed his eyes and focused his connection with the Force, a subtle breeze stirred within the mirror maze. The air seemed to flow and swirl around them, as if trying to guide them towards an exit. His logic made sense – a maze should have an end, and perhaps the Force could help them navigate through this confusing labyrinth.

But as the breeze picked up, something felt off. The mirrors seemed to shimmer and distort, reflecting glimpses of shadowy figures that moved just at the edge of their vision. It was as if they were being watched, but when they turned to look, there was nothing there.

The creepy feeling of being observed made Nir's fur stand on end, and he couldn't shake the eerie sensation. It was as if the maze itself had a mind of its own, toying with them, leading them astray.

Just as they began to follow the direction of the breeze, the air currents shifted, causing a disorienting gust that blew them in a different direction. It was as if the maze was playing tricks on them, confusing their senses and leading them further into its depths.

New_GA1.png

"....I wanna go home...." He muttered, opening his eyes once more. "Yeah, I'm at a loss. You got any ideas Braze Braze ?"

The Cathar just decided the best course of action was the hold still. They needed to get out, but the maze was shifting. He couldn't rely on his senses, or even basic logic. But Braze...

He seemed to have a handle on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom