Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chasing dreams (Open)

The small craft pulled from hyperspace around a world that had seen its fair share of strife. The young woman behind the controls of the Niathal-Class Shuttle that was sort of hers, but truthfully owned by Bright Star, she looked at the world in the viewport. She had found herself here once before. It was when she was trying to find herself following the accident that cost her both of her parents. Having come here to see if the Witches were the solace she was looking for, the blonde had soon left the world for the former Sith Empire. She didn’t find her answers there either. For a while, she was living among the Templar of the Confederacy and after that, found herself in the worlds of the Fringe.

While she did call the Fringe home, it was only because her partner lived there. She had been doing her best, and was succeeding partially, in not getting too wrapped up in the questions in her mind. Truthfully the Corellian refugee was loving her life, she had a job, someone she could call her own and safety. But still, the answers of who she was, and who she was supposed to be kept creeping their way into her mind. She knew she was in the Mandalorian space. And that made her a bit nervous. Still, she wasn’t here on any sort of attack mission. Just answers.

Looking back to her astromech, another item provided as a perk for her job, she shrugged. “I know where we are. But… I just don’t know where else to go! This world, I was brought here before, and now again. Maybe I missed something the first time!” She shouted at the droid. Shaking her head, she bit her lip. “Sorry, Spinner. That was mean. I just… what if the Witches can tell me something?” She hoped she could even find them. Parking her ship into a geosync orbit, the blonde stepped back. She liked to fly in comfort, but a quick step away and she was in a pair of dark capri pants, combat boots, a tanktop and utility vest over it. From there, Token Waters began edging her ship into the atmosphere of the world of Dathomir.

Here went nothing.

Char-Li was asleep on the floor of a strange world he hadn't seen before, asleep because he was unconscious from falling from a ship that came in just after another craft came into the surface. He looked around and immediately came under a bit of brush, careful to not move the actual vegetation, less he were to get caught. He came to a stop where he was, breathing shallowly behind his helmet's respirator.

The green on his armor along with the dark orange allowed him to somewhat blend into his surroundings, but he knew once he was in sight, it wouldn't matter. Char-Li felt his body ache however, feeling the effects from the near death fall that was stopped a bit from the trees and his gauntlet blades. With a muffled pop, he relocated a bone on his left wrist, adjusting it before his eyes trail over to a ship and a woman talking to an astromech droid.

Prey? No, not unless she was here to hunt him, them it'd be enemy. He was thinking whether or not he should speak to the person or not, either way, it was something he knew to be wary of. Where he was is one of the concerns he has, since he had no idea as to where on earth he was.

"Hmm, copikla. Ret chakur haar." Direct translation? "<Hmm, how cute. Maybe I could take the ship."

Was Char-Li a theif? No, but it was a thought.

[member="Token Waters"]

Heading to the planet’s surface with her ship, she was nervous. She could feel the Force around her here. Dathomir was so strong with it, it was… heady. She was enjoying it, to be honest, but part of it scared her. The intensity of it all, really. What was she supposed to do if she ran across people who were… more intense than her? It wouldn’t be hard. The girl could commune with animals and sometimes make vibrations stronger, sort of like that Force Bellow that furry and Whale make happen. She had seen reports, a lot of time traveling. A lot of time to do research on the HoloNet.

The one problem was the world was so alive that she couldn’t reach out and pinpoint anything. She knew people would see her ship, it wasn’t like she could hide a shuttle. But maybe the ones that got to her first weren’t going to be bad people? She could always hope. Maybe she should have taken up the offer for a droid security team on board. Bright Star did have the money for it.

She pulled her ship into a low pass and slowly set it down in a small clearing amongst some trees. This would be a safe place, right? And direct line for take off. She could get out quick, if it came to that. Wasn’t one of the old Confederates a Witch? She couldn’t remember. “Watch the ship.” She nodded to her droid as she shut the ship down, and got up from her seat, grabbing her rifle.

A sporting rifle, nothing special, but enough for the ‘hey I’ve got a rifle’ factor.

Poor Token.

[member="Char-Li Luzerei"]

Char-Li saw that the droid was lagging behind, staying with the ship most likely. He saw that she had a hunting rifle of sorts, nothing too major that he could see. He decided to stand up and move toward the woman before stopping just out of sight. He took out his sidearm, keeping it somewhat hidden under his cloak. He switched his intercom on to make it sound distant, giving off a distorted voice.

"Stop where you are, state your business here."

He was testing her, wondering how she'd react with the distant voice module or from the actual voice. He came to a crouch, still somewhat hidden by the brush, his distinct colors still somewhat visible.

//Sorry for the lack of length .-.

[member="Token Waters"]

See? The one thing Token didn’t ever expect was to come across anyone who would see the rifle as anything less than a boom stick. Nevermind coming across someone who was more tech-ed out than she was. Granted she did travel light, hoping to learn something from the Witches on this world. The one trick with Token was she learned a little about a lot. And when the distorted voice came booming, she crouched down and called the Force to her, almost on instinct. She wasn’t very strong, but she could resonate fairly decently.

Probably should have lead with a barrier, Tokes.

She really wished she had a lightsaber, but she did have the proper grip on her rifle. As useless as that could end up. Maybe she should have actually thrown the Force out in all directions. Maybe wasn’t the same as doing, there.

Char-Li saw that the woman had crouched down and instantly came to a crouch as well. What should he lead with, the flame through and DC-15 or the DC-15s? Decisions were hard whenever he was in a life or death situation, as with all things. He couldn't help but chuckle before walking out, holstering his sidearm and raising both of his hands as he walked toward the woman. Minus well introduce or at least make sure she knows that he was here.

"Relax, as long as you're not after my head I won't cut yours off."

A small threat but never the less one that was passive for the most part. He could just charge up his pistol and fire off, probably gun her down with little resistance, he had the element of surprise. But he hoped that the way he revealed himself would better know her true motives. He didn't care, he just wanted a ride out and off this dump.

[member="Token Waters"]

See? The thing with Token was she kept her eyes open as well as the Force. And when something didn’t make sense, she reached out. And she was basically pinging the local area with the Force. Not in a resonating sound, but in a way to try to see what the wildlife was worried about. The area was quiet. That was tricky for her. Was it because something was there? Well, obviously, with the voice.

“Why would I be after your head?” Right, lets ask the potentially crazed axe murderer. “I’m not here after anyone. Just… well, I mean, maybe to meet some witches, if you know of any in the area?” Or the tribes, or what not. Did they live in teepees? This world was kind of crazy.

Was that how it even worked her? Token spent way too much time in the central hubs of the galaxy, apparently.

Char-Li stopped, taking in the sight of a young girl before chuckling, shaking his head. He wasn't too keen to the whole witches and such on this planet, but he knew a little something about the place. He's seen a few, even shadowed a few who obviously knew of his presence, not that he hadn't really made it too unknown that he was watching. But never the less, he liked to keep his distance from these people, no matter who or what they may look like.

"Caves," he corrected, "Some live in caves, others and in various other places and in fixed points. You've gotta earn their trust, however, however you may do that." He added, purposely not answering her first question.

Char-Li pointed toward the North, the opposite way she was going, "Settlement just that direction, few hours walk during the day, if you don't find a Rancor."

This might be a little easy, he could sneak onto her ship, hopefully somewhere in the back, and just wait it out until he can find his way off this planet. That's his mean of transportation, because stealing wasn't really one of the things he'd do, but stowing away wasn't bad.

[member="Token Waters"]

Did she really look that helpless? Well, probably. With her outfit choices leaning towards the more feminine and her real inability to use weapons of war, including a lightsaber, the witch-hopeful was here to learn. She knew she had power in her, maybe more than her maternal side. More than the Starchaser side in it, because her Father was always a Force user. Or, well, of a family as such. The blonde ran a hand through her hair and looked at him, pointing the hunting rifle at the ground.

Ok, so he didn’t want to talk about that. She would ignore the bounty bit. She wasn’t a hunter. Like stated, she barely could use a lightsaber. She had a purple one. It was pretty. Silver hilt, standard. Water proof because Token loved getting in the water. Probably why there was always the smell of neoprene in her Niathal.

Looking up at the man again she tipped her head to the side. Caves. “Anywhere else? What are you doing here?” Simple to ask. Maybe he could help her. And if she could help him? Well, she’d do her best. Besides that ship wasn’t even hers. Which meant it was tracked and she had to check in with her cousin when she made weird trips, like this. Perks of being related to CEOs, she supposed.

"Vacation, in a way, and I'd have to get to the top of a mountain or some higher up place of some sort to find out where other places were. But other than that, just the caves."

It wasn't that he didn't want to help, it's just that he couldn't really help without getting overly involved, which wasn't a problem if there was a reward for him. He wasn't selfish either, he just wanted to kill of the scum and villainy. It was sort of imprinted into him, being a clone of the old Republic, or was. He never had a chance to serve as one, merely becoming yet another of the lost souls in the galaxy that share a face and name. His legacy, no matter how proud, was slowly disappearing.

Although he didn't use the force, he believed heavily in those who can use it or the actual mystique of the entire concept, but he wouldn't be caught dead doing the little mantras of the force wielders. He was a clone, not a being of the force, no matter how much he jokes about being able to use it as foresight. He's just seen and done more than enough of his face share of fighting to understand how people act in combat.

This would remind of certain more his past, he remembered a small number. CT-0411 which still made little to no sense to him no matter how many holoscrolls he'd go through about the Clones of the Grand Republic Army. The 501st however did survive the war, even after the death on the Death Star. If he could meet one, maybe he could understand what the hell his old memories were about.

"Oh and I wouldn't have that rifle too visible."

[member="Token Waters"]

So, he’d been here a while then? She nodded about his vacation comment, not so sure that he meant a rest and relaxation vacation. Dathomir seemed to always have warnings to not show up. Rancors, witches, and the planet was just… different, apparently. That was fine with her, she was different too. So, probably would be able to find some way to fit in on this world. With her love of animals, the environment and feeling that maybe learning from the Witches wasn’t such a terrible idea.

She wasn’t that great at the Force, when she first learned it, she did accidentally end up murdering her parents. And she had strayed away from it. Manu Xextos in the Fringe shared with her a bit of healing, and a bit of the power of resonance, making things vibrate and controlling vibrations. That one she liked. Kind of like sonic weaponry.

Maybe spells would be easier for her to manifest? She hoped it would give her control she needed. “Are you staying here, then?” She looked at him, unsure of what he was going to do. She didn’t want to lose her ship, but he didn’t exactly seem hostile.

"In this spot? No, I'm not too sure actually. I'm more of a travelling merchant at this point. If you can give me a ride and fifty credits, I'll follow you and protect you until we can get off this god forsaken planet. It's a win-win, you get an extra pair of guns, training from the witches; which I'm assuming you're here for, and I get to go to another planet that isn't quite as hostile."

Char-Li's memories of the clone wars were of Anti-Troopers, their murder, and Boba Fett. He was merely a fetus when he saw everything before the freezing coming over and gone, him arriving to a planet of forest and wreckage. He didn't know where or what but it was home, where ever it was. The Mandalorian he was raised by, the training that was based extremely around the ARC troopers, Mando'a that he learned over years of strict practice, then his graduation.

He pushed his cloak back a bit, revealing his Mandalorian armor, his weapons and each intricate plating overlapping and weaving over each other. It was impressive, but a real Mandalorian would notice the slight details that distinguish him from the others. The Galactic Republic painting on his left outer thigh, the Clone Wars based weapon.

[member="Token Waters"]

She smirked. This gentleman was something else, wasn’t he? Token smiled and shook her head, that meant bounty hunter, or hired gun. But fifty credits and a ride off the world? She could do that. Might be safer, so long as he didn’t anger the witches and prevent her from learning everything. She wasn’t really sure about this man, but if he was going to expect a ride… Well, he wouldn’t kill her, besides, he’d need the codes to access the ship. Corporate ships needed codes.

“That doesn’t sound so bad. Half now half when we get to the ship with the witches not up in arms, sound like a deal?” She smiled at him. Her father taught her a little about bartering and getting collateral.

She had seen history books, and sort of recognized the patterns on the armor. They were… ancient. “Find the armor here?” She spoke as she reached into her satchel for some credits. Hoping he’d take the deal.

Char-Li shook his head, "I'll get the money when the job's done. Besides, having someone other than a small animal to talk to is more than enough payment now." He pushed off the tree he was leaning on and came over to her, closing his cloak before stopping a few feet in front of her. He almost wanted to tell her what his armor meant, the various symbols and markings, but know she wouldn't care nor would it be appropriate.

"Uhm, no, I got it in one of my recent hunts," That's a lie, it was handed down to him by adopted father. The history wasn't the issue, it's how the people took the history behind his heritage is what he was afraid of. Anti-Trooper clones were normally hunted down or taken in by the Imperials, that is if any were to survive at all. Anti-Troopers were the response to the Imperial Storm Troopers, he was one that survive.

Clone Wars was something he had a familiarity to, but not at first hand. He was taught, been through the simulations, and been through the hatred that caused his first kills of Storm Troopers. He knew about the 501st's assignment and past endeavors, which made Char-Li less and less likely to share his history with people.

[member="Token Waters"]

There was a lot of this that made Token laugh. Well, not outwardly, but that whole mental ‘that’s a funny situation’ kind of laugh. She had [member="Poro"] the ropo that followed her around sometimes, but this trip Token needed to do on her own. That was why she was here with only her droid and a rifle. There wasn’t a lightsaber for the blonde yet, but running across this soldier… man? That was interesting. Token was the kind to do research on her own, and would figure out what his armor meant, so long that she could remember it when she went to check the HoloNet.

She really knew nothing of past Imperial history. Where the Waters and Starchaser lines met was an odd boundary. Her father’s side was pro Republic while her mothers pro-Empire. Still, they made it work and she and her older brother were the result. It made for interesting family dinners back in the day, but.. Well, when there was love, families made it work, right?

Aside from Red Sox and Yankee fans, that just never worked and the house would probably split in two and burn down.

“Hunts? Are you a bounty hunter?” She figured as much, but everyone knew what happened when you assume something.

"Yeah, I am along with occasional bouncer, Mandolorian, and Stripper," He said, joking about the last part.

The whole drama about the Republic and Empire was complicated for Char-Li. He knew so much about both but knew that the Republic was a dead society and was reformed to the Galactic Empire. They weren't evil, but their means of control was beyond tolerance. It was a society based around hatred and fear, which wasn't a good combination. That and they have three things Char-Li hates: Sith, the 501 detachment sent to kill his brothers, and the weird face mask they have. It was ugly.

His stand point? As long as the Empire doesn't attack him, not that it stopped the insults their way.

"Joking aside, yeah, I am. But perhaps we could talk on the way there?"

[member="Token Waters"]

She nodded, licking and biting her lower lip. She always chewed her lower lip. Smiling, the blonde shook her head about the stripper bit, hoping he didn’t take offense, but it was a joke, right? Token hated to accidentally offend people, but it seemed a joke to her. He was hired muscle. That was cool. She couldn’t ever do that, but everyone had to stick to their skills, right?

When he suggested that they continue on and talk on the way, she nodded again. “Of course!” Looking in the cardinal directions, or where she felt they were, she scrunched up her face. “So… I was hoping to see if there are any near like… water. I mean, my last name is Waters, so maybe that is a good place to start?” She wanted to learn a few different spells, maybe learn how to control the water, and the rain. She knew that her family seemed to be doing that.

There was even that Kaia girl who was working on heat and cold manipulation.

“I don’t wanna go too far, I was hoping I didn’t overshoot the shoreline by too much.” If not, she could find the Misty Falls Clan…

"Water is due east of here, but it's not exactly the type of water I'd be willing to drink it." He smiled behind his helmet, almost comfortable around her. He knew that the second he began being complacent around her, he'd end up following her around. It wasn't that he didn't want to, it was that he couldn't afford to, not with the life he has, not his lineage. He was glad she couldn't tell from his accent that he was of the Fett's bloodline, let alone a clone trooper.

He looked toward the water or where it was on his map. "This way," he says, "And Waters is a different lastname, good thing by the way. Mine is Luzerei, Char-Li being my first. Call me whichever."

Formalities wasn't something he was used to, just simple names like Greenie, Hunter, or Bounty Hunter.

[member="Token Waters"]

She shook her head. No, probably not something to drink, but there were the Blue Coral Diver Clan. And the Scissorfist Clan… She didn’t have any interest in the latter, but the former? They used the seas of this world for survival. That was of interest to her, and the spells that were in line with the worlds and types of environment she preferred. “Not to drink, nope. I’ve got water with me, do you need some?” Because Token was hardly never without her backpack, which always had water in it.

And protein bars. And sunblock.

There were very few things that Token knew of the galaxy, because, well, it was a large place. And the whole Fett line? That just wasn’t in her mind set at all. But friendly individuals? That definitely was. She listened to his name and smile. “What do you prefer to be called?” She went by Token after all, because it was preference.

“Have you seen the Witches on the coast?”

Char-Li shrugged, "Anything to your hearts content that isn't insulting me. But maybe Char-Li would be a start." He looked over at her and shook his head, "No thanks for the water and no, Witches tend to avoid men in armor like mine." This wasn't due to the fact that they were hostile, it was just the sort of thing that a lot of people did with Mandalorian armor.

He had a backpack but with different necessities, extra ammunition, a lamp, nutrient dispensing canisters, armor repair kit, weapon repair kit, and a few other odds and ends. Char-Li never went without his armor, social event or not, not that he would be invited but there were times he had to sneak in.

"Now Miss Waters, what's the purpose of your stay on a planet like this? I wouldn't consider it a vacation hotspot for post-war celebration, more of a trial of fire...swamp in this case." He knew the answer, but wanted to make sure she was a force wielder. Force wielders and him didn't have a problem until they're former Jedi of the Old Jedi Order, then they tend to shoot first ask later.

[member="Token Waters"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom