Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chasing A Shadow

Unknown Asteroid Belt
Expansion Region
Somewhere Near Hilo

The Black Pearl approached the asteroid belt cautiously. No mining ships were present; all usable ore had ostensibly been removed centuries ago. Holes, caves, and entire caverns burrowed their way through each of the dozens of rocks that moved in a vast circular orbit, the result of never gaining enough gravity to have formed into a solid planet.

Jack Sparrow, captain of the ship, stood in the cockpit doorway, leaning forward with both arms propped against the portal, listening to Lagan Cloudburner's report.

"Excellent, Mr. Cloudburner. Let's continue our cautious approach." Pulling himself fully into the cockpit, he patted his best friend, first mate and the ship's co-pilot on his broad, hairy, Wookiee shoulder. "Dewey, eyes open, eh? Let me know when we've arrived." Jack paused to look at the navigational data being displayed on the cockpit's instrumentation before nodding and backing away.

With a smile to [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"], Jack led her back to the spacious Captain's cabin they shared. For a pirate vessel, the Black Pearl was very comfortable, and Jack's cabin in particular. Though she was battle-scarred on the outside, it belied the superior, upgraded construction within.

"Happy to have kept the crew on," Jack said, entering his cabin. "Officially they're all retainers of the Supreme Chancellor, available on-call as needed to assist me with transport or consultation. Unofficially it gives the men a steady income and less desire to take up a bit of the old trade, if you follow my meaning."

At the holo table in the center of the cabin, Jack touched a button and called up a three dimensional picture of the prize they were hopefully approaching: a SoroSuub Horizon-class Star Yacht known as the Jade Shadow.

"So, before we land, love, is there anything you can share? Any Jedi archive knowledge or hand-wavy magic impressions or the like?"

Sera turned, the bottom lip of her dresscoat snapping against the air as she followed Jack back to the man's quarters, listening to him explain the nature of his crew. The Twi'lek gave a silent nod of acknowledgement. She knew that it was a pirate's life for them through and through. Perhaps that would have been a conflict of interest in the past, but given her tenure with the Jedi was over, and that it wasn't exactly an illegal pirating operation, there was little to be worried about really.

The Jade Shadow...A ship long since speculated as having been destroyed or scrapped. It was rare that a ship of its' age was ever recovered, let alone discovered. Even back then the ship was worth a quarter million credits. Who knew what that would equate in today's market. Still, now wasn't the time to be considering the value of a ship they hadn't actually found yet. First thing was first, making sure what they were after was in fact what it was supposed to be.

"It was a highly advanced ship built on the premise of precision and ease of use. Just about anyone could pilot it without even touching the controls really. It belonged to the Skywalker family, notably Jedi Masters Luke and Mara Skywalker. It was a heavily modified version of the original. That's all I really know though. There's a lot of history behind it, but not much technical information."

Sera waived her hands in the air in a mockery like way, pretending to do some kind of Force magic. "Abra Kadabra. Am I doing it right, dear?"

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom