Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Chase Life Rimwear Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
qfqOra7.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: Make Hat.
  • Image Source: [x] Earmuffs drawn in by me.
  • Canon Link: n/a
  • Restricted Missions: n/a
  • Primary Source: n/a
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Chase Fashion
  • Model: Chase Life Rimwear Ranger
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass-Produced.
  • Material: Deflex, Bantha Leather
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Hat
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances:
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Average
- Kinetic: Very High
- Lightsabers: None

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Integrated Communications devices
  • Smart Sound Headset
Strengths:
  • High Kinetic Protection
  • Affixed to head for wind resistance
Weaknesses:
  • No lightsaber Resistance
  • Only protects the head because it's a hat.
DESCRIPTION
The Chase Life Ranger wide brimmed hat, the boss of the plains, is a continuation of the rugged outdoors line made by Chase Fashion. Bedecked in Deflex underneath a well maintained bantha leather exterior the headwear posses the same protection of the Chase Life line capable of withstanding blows from even a mighty nerf hoof. The stylish wide brim serves to protect the user against the elements shading them from sun and keeping rain and debris out of their face. Additionally the had has integrated earmuffs which provide protection against wind and helps to keep the hat on the head in even the windiest conditions on the range. Included with the hat is an integrated communications system which is integrated to the earmuff headset.

The earmuffs serve an additional purpose. A 'Smart Sound' system has been installed them able to cancel out noises that would otherwise hurt or damage the ear protecting the user from the disorienting tinnitus caused my flash bangs. In addition the headset can discern various sounds int he distance amplifying them and identifying them allowing a Nerf Herder, Bantha Rancher, or even a trooper to hear if predators are sneaking up on their herd. Although the hat itself protects the ears against sonic attack it only protects the ears making the rest of the body vulnerable. Despite this the hat in all has protection against hearing loss and disorientation from sound, good kinetic protection, and an average blaster resistance that makes this hat choice for many professions out on the Rim.

The Chase Life Ranger is a rugged and durable addition to the Chase Life line available anywhere there is a Chase Marketplace.

Damian Starchaser said:
Other Sonic: High
This makes sense in the context of a protecting a user's ears from a sonic stunner or something similar. But there are notably some sonic weapons which directly attack and destroy physical material. For example, the Sd-77 pistol can physically shatter things. I do not see this protecting much against something like that.

I'd recommend removing "sonic" from the resistances. I think that the description within the submission itself pretty amply makes it clear that it protects the user's ears from damaging soundwaves.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Yeah to be honest I was iffy about putting it in myself. The only reason I did is because last time I had something in the description and not in the synopsis I was asked to put it in. So I figured what the hell just throw it in and see what happens.

Anyways edited.

Completely understandable.

Damian Starchaser said:
Despite this the hat in all has good sonic protection, good kinetic protection, and an average blaster resistance that makes this hat choice for many professions out on the Rim.

If you'll change "good sonic protection" to "good hearing protection" or something similar here, we should be all set.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Uhg yeah that does need rewording.

Edited it to;

Although the hat itself protects the ears against sonic attack it only protects the ears making the rest of the body vulnerable. Despite this the hat in all has protection against hearing loss and disorientation from sound, good kinetic protection, and an average blaster resistance that makes this hat choice for many professions out on the Rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom