Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Chase Flashpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
7BrrN5I.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Flash Cufflink
  • Image Source: [x]
  • Canon Link: n/a
  • Restricted Missions: n/a
  • Primary Source: n/a
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Chase Fashion
  • Model: Chase Flashpoint
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Sun Crystal
  • Range: Personal
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Flash setting
  • Strobe Setting
Strengths:
  • Blinding Flash
Weaknesses:
  • Short Range
DESCRIPTION
The Chase Flashpoint cufflink is stylish suit accessory marketed towards individuals who may be at risk of kidnapping or assassination. The concept for the Flashpoint derives from Mara Merrill's engagement ring using similar components but without the additional force attuned elements. The cufflink itself is made out of whatever precious metal, although most often silver or platinum, that the customer prefers and set with sun crystals.

The sun crystals are cut and polished in a way to diminish their natural light enhancing property allowing them to appear as standard diamonds. The same procedure however is not performed on the back end of the precious stones behind which is a small light. When activated the light shines through the gem which enhances and amplifies it into a blinding directional flash. The flash has a relatively short effective range for blinding of only three meters. The blinding effect lasts just under three seconds. At longer distances the effect is diminished lasting less time until at around 5 meters there is only a minor disorienting effect. However even outside of five meters the light will erase the silhouette of someone behind it from view in dark lighting conditions, while not blinding this may allow a user to escape from a tricky situation. Imagine someone standing behind a flashlight or a spotlight.

There is some versatility to the Flashpoint which has two settings. These settings are activated by touch on the cufflinks bottom stem. The first is a simple single flash which will temporarily blind an attacker giving the user a chance to defend or escape from a situation. For the second setting the Flashpoint has a strobe mode blinking in and out of existence at an even but fast pace. Added to the blinding effect of the flash also has a disorienting effect. Most species natural night vision will be unable to adjust to the rapidly changing lighting conditions. Even some equipment such as infrared goggles or self polarizing lenses would be rendered effectively blind as they attempted to compensate to ever changing lighting conditions.

The Chase Flashlink is available for all customers to purchase from the Chase Marketplace.

[member="Damian Starchaser"]
Please add the fields from the ranged template for the flash effect. You've described it in your description but the ranged weapon template is more suitable for this submission.

[member="Nadja Keto"]

I based this off of a ring I made that does the same thing but with the force which you approved just recently without the ranged template. The only difference I can see is because this article can be used by more than one person I added more detail it to limit any possible abuse. I just don't see how the majority of the ranged template applies to this in any meaningful way and I'd rather not have the article look ugly with useless data lines.

[member="Damian Starchaser"]
Just add the effective range to the portion of the submission outside of the description so it is immediately noticeable for anyone reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom