Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Sheet Infographics

This is a demo character sheet template I designed as part of an independent project I'm currently working on, and I'd like to adapt the format and repurpose it for RP characters, as opposed to game design character concepts, if there's interest in such a thing.

Note: Large image

mZvKguL.jpg
I'd like to hear what kinds of changes or additions you might like to see so I can better adapt this kind of format specifically for RP characters. There's some basic and obvious categories that can be added, like place of birth, current residence, marital status, and simple things of this nature that are found on standard character sheets. I'm not entirely sure about the bottom section--I was thinking of altering that to be only two distinct lists: strengths and weaknesses, as per this site's template guidelines. Beyond that I could also expand it down (making the image taller) to include space for things like pets, vehicles, ships, droids, armor, weapons, etc. along with space for respective imagery and/or descriptions.

The Jungian typology stuff is an idea I was toying with here for the character concpet this particular project required. The colorwheel and respective categories to the right of that are broken down into individual layers within the PSD, so it can be easily altered. I quite like the way it turned out, and was thinking of doing something similar for a Dark side-Light side scale, to indicate how aligned a character might be. Additionally, all of the background and framing design shapes are their own layers as well, and their color can also be easily altered if someone wanted a particular color scheme for a particular character.

The issue, of course, is that it wouldn't be as easy to change and update as a simple forum post, as you'd have to open up the PSD in photoshop every time you'd want to amend your character sheet. Nevertheless, I thought I'd float the concept and see what kind of interest and feedback there might be for something like this.

Update:
Agg6d6t.jpg

Evasion Studios
I love info graphics, the only issue I have with them is that changing information on them is always such a pain. So while I love the design, the ability to update keeps me from utilizing them.

I think the Jungian typology would be a bit of a struggle, as heavy Internet dwellers tend to be of a smaller collection of types. It can also be difficult to get a handle on, as most site write-ups sugarcoat the type explanation without offering a graspable darkside, and so telling one from the other isn't always easy unless you actually understand the difference between Introverted Feeling (Sympathy) and Extroverted Feeling (Empathy), Introverted Intuition and Extroverted Intuition, etc.. Sometimes you'll find one that'll mention that INTJ's are so internally focused that they neglect hygiene or that ESTJ's like to give themselves pats on the back for things everyone can do (Ie; how well they mop a floor), but not often, and then good luck finding someone to RP that uncool subtlety. Additionally, everyone thinks they're an ENTP. I just worry it would be a big, beautiful product that would be time consuming to generate and then thrown away when play actually started. Fortunately, though, this particular bit of information would never have to be changed once ironed out.

Good feedback so far.

Here's an iteration more suited for characters for this site.

Agg6d6t.jpg

I've included a Force alignment scale to the left of the portrait; added some additional character detail categories; and altered the bottom section to reflect the strengths/weaknesses categories.

[member="Tyger Tyger"]
In lieu of the Jungian typology, for those who are unfamiliar with or not interested in applying those details to their characters, that section could perhaps be used for a more general behavioral profile of sorts?

Maria Natalja said:
I love that you brought in the personality stuff and everything. Because that's some really deep stuff. I luv it. :p

May I start using this kind of thing one day? :)
Of course. Once I get a finalized version put together, I'll be happy to post the PSD for whoever wants to make use of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom