Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character, Combat, & Creation Critiques (CCCC)

I've recently come back from a five month LOA, and I'd like to get a better idea of what the new site thinks of my methods of writing.
While my Writer self is not much of a presence in Chaos, I have multiple "active" characters (ones I'm currently focusing on) and even more "inactive" characters. For the moment, it is these active characters such as Rick Kaloo, FN-999, and Krarolk T'manu that I would like some feedback on. As characters are created and perish, this list will be updated. I will keep a link to this post on my Writer signature and the signatures of all my active characters. While characters such as Krarolk and FN are still new to the site, as they become more prominent in Chaos, the critique form will remain open. Without further to do, I have three main areas of critique I would like to cover.

Character: Do these characters seem to resemble actual... characters? If you were to meet one of them on the streets of a foreign world, would you be able to believe that they are intelligent beings with their own desires, fears, and so much more? Do they fit into their intended role/roles? Is there anything that really makes them unique, and makes them stand out from any other character on the site? Does their personality alter over time with their experiences? Do they mature and develop along with their readers?

Combat: Do these characters fight realistically in scenarios that they can actually survive (this has been an issue with Rick and FN in the past)? Is their combat skill reflective of their proficiency with certain weapons, warships, vehicles, the Force, or even their own body parts? Do they improve with experience, as most combatants would? Can they create a deep, thoughtful story out of a one on one duel or a clash of armies alike? Are they able to avoid becoming Mary Sues, and do they respond to orders effectively (if applicable)?

Creations: Almost all of my characters have unique objects associated with them, whether it is a weapon, a warship, or a galaxy-spanning corporate entity. Are these creations used in a manner that reflects their strengths and weaknesses? Are they over/underused in situations where they may or may not be necessary? Do these creations show a certain quality of a character's personality or combat prowess? In the case of organizations, do they enhance a character's ability to express themselves? Do these organizations burden the character, and does such a burden reflect itself in their personality? Does a character create an organization that is too large or too small for them to handle?

I offer my sincerest gratitude to anyone who takes their time to read through this and offer their feedback on my characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom