Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character assistance please

Can I please get some character assistance!

Here is the link to my incomplete character: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/54945-rei-ishveil-wip/?p=824556

I want her backstory to be that she is a humanoid - or some sort of human sub-species or whatever they are called - and her race is almost extinct. She's not the last, the youngest, or the oldest, but something happened that most of her people are gone... What do you think?

I'm also not sure how a Jedi master would find her or where she would have begun... To put it simply, I have no idea on how I should start her history before becoming a padawan....

I'll do yours if you do mine? XD I'm gonna help ya either way, I'm just having difficulties getting help as well. Link to my brainstorming thread, should you wish to bounce ideas off of one another there. Or you can message me. I'd really appreciate it if you took a look-see at the page despite the giant wall of text. I just wanted to get as much down for people to react to as possible... >_>"

Have you looked on the Star Wars wiki page for human sub-species that are similar to what you're looking for? If you haven't, perhaps you'll get some ideas from there. Also, if you have an idea for an entirely new race, you can submit a species creation page to be accepted/rejected/worked on in order to have exactly what you want for your character, which is what I've been trying to accomplish.

I'm in a similar boat with my character, and hopefully his species will be shrouded with superstition and mystery as to get some racial tension going ie "this monster is going to snatch my baby" despite the fact that none of his people have ever done such a thing.
[member="Rei Ishveil"]

All I can say is that when I'm struggling to mold a character or a story into something unique and new, I find I produce the best results by just going with something boring and normal. I like average people who lead fantastic lives.

[member="Rei Ishveil"]

I've learned from here that a lot of people like to write their character and then give them a name. I personally find that a backstory comes easiest when I know 3 things: Their Name, what they look like, and where they are from. For Uri I thought his name first then, where he's from, and then found the play by for appearance. Having that info allowed me to put together a backstory that fit him... currently fleshing it out at the moment. :)

[member="Rei Ishveil"]: Uri made a good choice there, and his suggestion to join the GR is a solid one as well. I help run the Intelligence Ministry, we're always looking for people who want to be spies. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom