Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Chapter One - The Departure

Steely gaze cast on Xzaien, Jagen listened. A small twitch of his eyes was the response to mention of this dreamed meeting. A crinkled brow in response to her praise of him. A flicker of recognition at the mention of Revan - the greatest and most respected adversary the ancient Mandalorians fought against.

"You haven't heard much about me, have you? Just rumours that I'm a Mandalorian. You want one to fight for you, is that it?" Jagen's voice was flat yet challenging; one of a man unconvinced.

As soon as Jagen detected James approaching from the shadows, he flicked the catch on his holster as well as his gaze towards the man. If not for the palpable tension, he perhaps would have laughed at the situation in this moment - never before had he held such attention.

Such interest.

The young man seemed to relax somewhat when he realised James wasn't an immediate threat. He heard the man speak. Another offer. He looked back to the Cathar, then back to James, then to the Bothan at his side.

Jagen nodded.

"Fame is a fool's game," he agreed as he directed his gaze once more at those propositioning him.

"I want off this planet. I'll do contract work for whoever pays best. No mention of names - I don't want any more attention. Or fame."

Having declared his terms, he shot Riskyr a look.

"Highest bidder pays the Bothan to give me a ride -- you do have a ship? -- and I'll contact you when I'm offworld."

Jagen didn't trust anyone here, not as far as he could piss. Still, he felt that a ride into the cosmos was best taken with the second person caught up in this situation rather than the two creating it.

Xzaien Xzaien James Cerensp Nerd Wizard Nerd Wizard Abaar Pherris Abaar Pherris

Ivan Stadd

I
Ah yes , James thought. He remembered that the Mandalorians had been the ancient enemies of the Jedi and now where the enemies of the Sith. Given Xzaien's Dark Side affilation , James knew exactly what to do and how to persuade the young Mandalorian to join him. From his response he knew that Jagen Danner Jagen Danner was unaware of the recent fall of the United Clans of Mandalore at the hands of the Sith and that the proud Mandalorians were now scattered becoming enemies of both the Jedi and Sith.

"He yes , a Mandalorian even better. As you where raised here on Nar Shaada you must have been unware of the recent events , same goes for you , Xzaien Xzaien . Only a few months ago did the Mandalorians had their planet invaded by the Sith following a two front war with both the Sith and Jedi following a bold Mandalorian Strike on the Silver Jedi Capital on Kashyyk. Now the Mandalorians are scattered , the Sith Empire ruling their home world with an iron boot and yet here you stand beside a Dark-Sider who may claim to not be a Sith but yet possessing a similar ideological stance to them. For your own interests it would be better to serve the Directorate who have fought back triumphantly against the Sith over Hoth and even better we are allied with those who stand against the Oppressors of Mandalore"

With Jagen's mention that he would do contract work for the highest bidder , James knew he had already won. Expecting something like this James prepared a 50 Million Credit deal in which should be enough to persuadec Jagen to join him and no matter what the Catharians offered , James would be able to outbid her as the Directorate had plenty of resources through their connections with other Factions and Groups in the Core Worlds compaired to the Catharian Hegemony's isolated position. James only waited for the Catharian to make her offer in order to quickly counter it and enlist the services of Jagen.

Hearing Jagens want of leaving, Abaar got an idea. “Those you speak to are Sith and war criminals. If you wish to leave freely, come to the shipyard. I’ll wait for you.” He communicated to Jagen Danner Jagen Danner directly through a form of telekinesis and mind-trickery. “I want nothing from you but acquaintanceship.

Lifelong Nerd, Roleplayer, Writer and Philosopher
(A mind trick? This might not go smoothly...)

Riskyr would occasionally shift her head to and fro, an ear twitching about at every other interval as she, a neutral scholar, leaned her back against the wall next to the dooway (she still couldn't tell whether the building was a bar, a brothel or a very seedy hotel...), intent on keeping the troops of both parties, their leaders and Jagen clearly in view, even as she silently let the conversation continue all around her, doing her best to keep as far out of the limelight as possible.

However, it was at one point that the youthful Bothan couldn't help but speak, albeit briefly, after the stocky Directorate Commander had finished speaking, "Technically, Sir... Based upon his current... Well, his appearance, he might not exactly be a loyal Mandalorian." Here, the lanky female paused, rubbing two fingers through her Bothan-goatee thoughtfully, an odd thing for the eclectic group to witness, considering the potential for this scenario to go sour at any possible second. "From what little I recall reading into them and from the more accurate holovids featuring them, I think alcoholism and the possible use of Spice was frowned upon... Anyway, I'll let you finish." Riskyr crossed her lanky arms over her boyish chest and would continuously shift her gaze back and forth between the Cathar and the nervous-looking human, at one point offering a shy wave to the Zabrak who stood with the urchin in front of a Gran's Bazaar stall.

About them, the small crowd that had formed seemed to be slightly disappointed (scum of Nar Shaddaa...) that a fight had yet to erupt; some of them went on their way, while a smaller portion of them remained behind, waiting to see just how this development would go. Perhaps somewhat stupidly, the tan Bothan fixed the shrimpy Cathar with a friendly smile and a wave. "Rest assured that, while I am still neutral in regards to this encounter, I do want to talk Force philosophy with you when this is all over. I'll pay a fair amount, within reason, Ma'am."

It was at this point that the nervous, bedraggled human at her side cast his gaze directly at hers, sharply inquiring as to whether she had a ship. Upon remembering the damage to the ship's right wing, the lithe Bothan sighed slightly. "He (female pilots can refer to their ships via a masculine pronoun, for those who don't know - and no, the ship doesn't have a pair) can fly, though the repairs probably haven't even begun properly, as far back on the shedule as I was... But, if your guys' little agreement goes through, then, yes, I can fly you into orbit, if need be, and you don't even have to pay me - it's not that far, after all..."

Casting her odd-looking, left-sided smile towards Jagen Danner, the scrawny tomboy offered the human a somewhat-concerned look-over, despite her casual name-calling. His eyes had gone glazed and he shook his head, as though trying to clear his vision just next to her... "Uhhh... Jagen? You feeling alright?"

Last edited:

Vant Dehringer

V
Dehringer Had been peering through some cargo containers in the alleyway at the commotion. Initially he had been gripped with fear at the presence of dark force users, but as the group had grown, curiosity was getting the better of him. He quickly pulled a device from his pocket and placed it by his ear, extending the small antenna out towards the group. Their conversation became magnified in his ear, allowing him to safely spy on them from a distance.

He was sensing many things through the force (even though he did not necessarily attribute those feeling as coming from the force, as his knowledge of the force was still rather naive... He mostly just thought he was hyper aware of things).

As he listened in, he overheard the debate of who would leave with the man that seemed to be at the center of everyones attention... Jagen Danner Jagen Danner he recalled his name being from other parts of the conversation. This perked his interest, especially as they started talking about ships. This could be his moment to get off this planet, he would just need to play his cards right... maybe by sneaking onto the ship, or maybe by offering this new blue crystal he had just acquired as a boarding payment... it all depended on who Jagen Danner Jagen Danner ended up choosing to go with. If it was the freaky dark force user, there was no way he would go for that.

Suddenly Dehringer felt something strange, and then he heard a distant voice. He immediately searched for where the voice was coming from, but it was not apparent... until at last he saw a dark figure that was hidden from the others ( Abaar Pherris Abaar Pherris ). He knew somehow that the voice was coming from him, and that he was speaking to Jagen Danner Jagen Danner . The dark figure spoke of meeting Jagen in the shipyard and offering him a free ride. Dehringer focused hard and listened until the voice stopped, unsure how he was able to hear the voice. That had never happened to him before.

Dehringer waited, hidden in the alleyway, filled with a mixture of excitement and fear. He hoped that this was his moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xzaien smiled. She waved a finger at someone in the crowd before them before speaking again in a slightly dismissive tone.

"On second thought, perhaps a criminal wouldn't suit my interests. I prefer to do things face-to-face and not covertly like these Directorate Corps. I highly suggest that Jagan would fit perfectly in a group of goons headed by a Directorate commander. Surely that's where his interests lie in permanent servitude after a gift of millions of credits to /ensure loyalty through money/. If it is truely money you are after for, you are useless to me. I prefer beings with a purpose other than getting rich you see. I hope you reconsider your choice in the matter. I'll give you this, I was impressed for sure about your past exploits but then now I realize its only for fattening a wallet. Surely you could discover a way to not make it all about money."

She turned her head slightly to the boy in the alley-way with a microphone pointed straight at her. Perhaps it was a common courtesy of two dark-siders and one untrained force user to be in one place at one time. Xzaien waved at this child, she knew what power was dormant within him but his apprehensiveness of approaching a dark-sider. Of course it was personal preference if the kid preferred to leave /NOW/ or /LATER/. She gave him the chance to approach as she would give off an aura of no harm toward him and everyone else in the group.

It can also be noted that Xzaien completely ignored Carensp's presence. Viewing him nothing but a loud, and overbearing Directorate finger in everyone's business. She turned toward the Tan furred Bothan. She was of course intrigued at hearing the Bothan mention learning more about the force, and perhaps other values. She smiled at this Bothan before speaking to her.

"There is no need to pay, I have no use for credits in this day and age. I tell you this, Philosophy is very different from the usage of the force in a life-or-death scenario. If you are indeed interested, you can leave aboard my ship the 'Cathay Rahtai' and I'll personally see to it that your extradition to my Throne-world is in peace and as a honored guest. If you are accepting of these terms we can leave presently of you so desire and you may choose one other person to come with us."

After Jagen scoffed three times in as many minutes at false assumptions, all the man could do was shake his head and frown. He exhaled slowly and gazed at the three others around him in turn.

"I don't care about the other Mandalorians," he directed at James, "Only my own."

"I'm not an alcoholic," to the Bothan, "Or a spicer."

"And I'm not a criminal," he finished with Xzaien, "I want off this rock and of course I want credits. You think people survive out here with bellies full of philosophy? The force has never magically materialised a spare part for a hyperdrive, has it? I don't share any cause with you; I haven't even heard of you or your Cathar-whatever-empire before five minutes ago."

The man's eyebrows were raised in disbelief. What a peculiar start to his personal galactic adventure this had been.

"You sought me out, both of you. I don't even know who you are. And you expect me to jump at the opportunity to work for you?"

He shook his head once more.

"I will work for whoever pays me -- if the job doesn't go against my code." A small sigh. "And I guess the catlady is off the sabaac table... Leaves you, big guy," he looked at James.

"Either this Bothan takes me off world -- and you pay her -- or you give me a small advance to find my own way. Either way, I'll contact you in a few days and we can discuss work."

Flicking his gaze to Riskyr, Jagen flashed a half-smile, "You'll have to take me to wherever I need to go, too, sunshine. You're not boosting me out the airlock in low orbit. I'm trying to get you a payday here - have a little street smarts."

Suddenly, the young man groaned and rubbed his temple with the hand not currently caressing a blaster handle. Someone was speaking directly in his brain -- and it wasn't himself. He attempted to play it cool and resume a relaxed, if forced, stance after the mind-talk had ended and chose to ignore the offer at present.

"I'm fine," he declared in response Riskyr's concern. He ground his teeth.

Never better.

((Pretty sure it wasn't a mind trick - just communication. Besides, mind tricks only work on the weakminded :) ))

Xzaien Xzaien Nerd Wizard Nerd Wizard James Cerensp Abaar Pherris Abaar Pherris

Riskyr actually blushed as the (apparently former) Mandalorian told her off in a gentle, steady tone that managed to convey a conviction other then paranoia. The lanky teenager stretched her thin arms over her head and took a moment to pop her back, the fur along the sides and back of her neck ruffling outwards in a primal-looking motion. The Bothan fixed the otherwise cute guy (if anyone DOES push for romance, lets keep it IC only, unless one of you somehow ends up drastically changing my life :p Even if nothing too serious comes up, a little flirting never hurt) with a faint, ever-so-slightly sad smile. "Too bad you don't seem to have much in the way of a moral compass, that I can tell, ya greedy Aqualish mercenary..." Her accented voice seemed to betray an underlying hint of concern for the older peer, even despite the verbal barb she had thrown at him.

Her left-sided smile returned as, despite obvious friendliness in her eyes, Riskyr continued, "Honestly, I guess it's a bit of a relief that you're not a walking testicle like some of the old Mando mercs tended to be... I think I read once that fornication was accepted during long battles away from home, but it's been a few years since I read that entry; I might not remember it properly..." The Bothan sighed, then used two fingers to brush aside a stray lock of her fiery hair from a turquoise eye, "But hell, why am I beginning to talk to you of romance, Sir? Once was enough for me, may he rest in peace..." She concluded with an odd noise: a chuckle mixed with a sad sigh, hinting at some deep, underlying emotional pain, even as her turquoise eyes traveled up and down over the former Mando's bedraggled, less-then-pristine form.

As the human finished his misanthropic tirade, and despite being a misanthrope herself, Riskyr still clucked her tongue and shook her head at the male, "Even if you don't like nor trust others, it's still worth it to aid those who can't help themselves... But, I'll say no more on that."

It was at this point that the teen turned her gaze towards the Cathar, fixing the short felinoid with a shy, though still friendly expression, "Of course the Force is more then self-defense and battle tactics, that I know..." There was a pause as the Bothan steepled her long fingers over her lap, akin to a shy child before the appraising gaze of an elder, "I am simply very, very curious as to how you, an obvious Dark Jedi, based upon those eyes, well... How you're so honest, seemingly forthright and are so... So out of place in this era of the Galactic Empire." At this point, the girl paused, casting a sideways glance at the older young adult at her side, "I say we drop him off somewhere in your ship, Ma'am, or else I take him in my ship to Officer Tank's (the human DIA operative was stocky, she had noted) ship to drop him off... Neither of you need lose any soldiers, the Glorified Mercenary doesn't get hurt and I get some light pay and, after that, we can leave..." The Bothan ran her tongue along the roof of her mouth, her light yellow teeth glinting purple from the reflected light of a cantina's electric sign for a moment, a brief look of worry crossing her features, "However, my ship won't be fully repaired for another day or two when we get back here, at the most, so... We might have to wait after he gets spacebound in order to do... To do anything official, philosphically-speaking."

The lithe Bothan once more crossed her arms over her boyish, petite chest and offered a peaceful, hopeful smile at the Dark Jedi, the DIA Officer and the former Mando. "Either of those options should, I hope, work satisfactorily for us all, right? Whose ship we hauling him in?" Riskyr again looked back and forth between the Cathar and the stocky human, even as she companionably looped an arm around the Glorified Aqualish Mercenary, waggling her eyebrows at the adorable human and wiggling her ears in what she hoped was an endearing manner. "My name's Riskyr, by the way, but you can call me 'Risk'... Once you get a bath, we should... Say, do you like Dianoga, in any cooked form? Maybe you should go with the Cathar, that way we can hang out some more and get some food in our bellies..."

Kardek Alpha

K
"Is it just me, or did he seem a little nervous?" Kardek asked Alpha, the IG-88 Assassin droid that was following quickly behind him. In reality, the droid never responded to anything Kardek said, because the droid was Kardek... at least at some strange level. Because of a mortal head wound that Kardek had sustained, a cybernetic implant was placed inside his brain, and a life-saving neural connection between him and Alpha had been achieved. In essence, Alpha was an extension of Kardek, and he could not survive without him.

The two of them exited the cantina and made their way to the lift. Kardek had just met with a new local client who wanted some large personal containers transported to a nearby planet, no questions asked. It would be a big pay day, but honestly the money didn't pull him as heavily as it use to. If he was really all about the credits, he would still be a bounty hunter. Way better pay. The Client had seemed a little apprehensive during the meeting, but he had decided to take the job anyways... He needed to get off this planet for a while honestly.

"You know..." Kardek mused as they entered the lift and he smacked the button for the upper level, "It's like everybody is just so terrified of losing the little they have." Alpha stared blankly. "Everyone fighting to carve out their own little kingdoms, and it's all on the edge of crashing in around them at any moment." Kardek leaned up against the wall, resting both hands against his belt. He looked forward, silently continuing his train of thought before shrugging to himself and sighing softly. "No ones really ever free, are they." He stated. Alpha's head turned slightly towards Kardek. Kardek and Alpha looked at each other for a moment before both lifting an arm in perfect unison and performing a ceremonious 'fist bump'. "Well, here's to us buddy. At least we got each other."

SWOOOOSH

The doors of the lift open to reveal a human ( Jagen Danner Jagen Danner ) and a Bothan ( Nerd Wizard Nerd Wizard ) directly in front of the doors surrounded by a rather large group of people. Kardek's hands are immediately resting on his blasters as he finds himself caught off guard by the group that has amassed outside the lift.

"Okaaay..." He says, assessing the group. Some of them are obviously not his type. He shrugs and says "Quite a party out here." With that, Him and Alpha slowly begin to walk through the group. One of them is obviously a dark force user ( Xzaien Xzaien ), which probably means their a scumbag, from Kardek's experience. "Don't mind me, just a guy getting off a lift. Looks like fun and all, sorry to crash the mood." He said, dripping with sarcasm. As He passes by the dark force user ( Xzaien Xzaien ), he tells Alpha through their neural link to mess with her. As Alpha passes by, His head rotates to look at her directly. The droids eyes stay locked onto her as he passes by, slowly lifting its arm and pointing its metal fingers at its eyes, then pointing them directly at her face, in a motion that says "I'm watching you". Kardek smirks to himself.

After they have passed by everyone, Kardek stops and turns briefly towards the group, "I'm heading out to Dressel if anyone happens to want a lift. It won't be a free ride." With that, he turns back and begins to head towards the hangar with Alpha.

Jagen Danner Jagen Danner Xzaien Xzaien Nerd Wizard Nerd Wizard James Cerensp Abaar Pherris Abaar Pherris Vant Dehringer

Last edited by a moderator:
((Sad to see this thread going dead - really need it to finish so I can get on with this character. So, I'm just replying >_>))

He felt he should remind the small Bothan of the fact that anybody native (and still alive) to Nar Shaddaa was inherently greedy as a survival mechanism, but really didn't see the point. Nobody really cared, in the grand scheme of things - why should he? He did, however, raise a solitary eyebrow at her digressing about romance. A flicker of empathy shot through his face at the hint of death and melancholy but, before Jagen could weigh in proper on what was being said, he was startled by the door behind him reopening for the, what, third time?

Caught unawares, the young man actually drew his blaster as he turned on his heel to face a somewhat familiar sight. In a moment, he registered the telltale ruggedness of someone who was, or had been, for hire - much like himself. He noted immediately after that this man and his droid weren't a threat, so slowly re-holstered his own blaster.

His blue eyes followed the man and the droid through the group and Jagen couldn't help but feel a tinge of familiarity at the way the man held himself. Did he know him from somewhere? With the sass cutting through the tension like butter, and the offer of a ride, Jagen knew this was his best bet of getting space-side promptly with a still beating heart.

"Dressel's good," said the young man as he began to follow the ragtag duo.

"It's been a pleasure," he directed back to the group, sarcasm dripping from his words like rain. "If you still want my services, I'm sure you'll find a way to contact me. Line's open." He then directed his focus to the Bothan, "Catch you around, you owe me Dianoga in some shape or form."

With a sly wink, he turned and walked, catching up to the side of Kardek. He didn't care how much this ride would be, he just wanted off this weird and wonderful, festering cesspool of a planet.

Kardek Alpha Nerd Wizard Nerd Wizard Xzaien Xzaien James Cerensp

Xzaien had turned, Simply leaving behind the Directorate Muppet and his entourage behind, and still she only blink blankly at the droid before doing so. She'd let the Bothan follow before she and her Space Marines dissipated deep into the docks likely not to be seen again on this world after achieving at least part of her goal and leaving the Directorate bloke to mull over his failure to recruit him. That was what she aimed for, make Jagan deny everyone if she couldn't get him herself. And that, she succeeded in spades.​

/exit Thread

(sorry for short. just wanted to goe :v)

(Hehe... Sorry if I somehow inadvertently caused any offense - I was waiting for another reply or two. Curse my poor social skills! Guess mine'll be somewhat short also, until we get back in the swing of things.)

Riskyr was somewhat stunned at the sudden turn of events. She took a moment to admire the thighs and hips of this odd newcomer as he walked past her, the fur along the sides and back of her neck ruffling outwards as she lustily admired the newcomer's... Assets - looking never hurt, after all. She was somewhat miffed at Jagen's opportunistic nature, and, despite her flirting naught but a moment or two ago, the Bothan had decided to change her tactics. The tan-furred female broke into a light jog, offering a friendly wave to the 88-Series assassin droid perhaps a bit too casually as she fell into step on the other side of the rugged, older newcomer, "Well, if you're going to be like that... Maybe this guy and his droid would like to have a quick bite with me instead?" Her turquoise eyes shifted towards the other human, a left-sided smile tugging at the corner of her furred lips, "Up for some Dianoga Tentacle Tips, Handsome?" The Bothan ruffled a hand through the newcomer's head of hair, only to raise both hand and step back as the droid's photoreceptors hyper-focused on her a split second later.

Slowing to a halt next to one of the Cathar's dark-armored troopers, the Bothan offered a shy smile and a wave of her furry, dexterous fingers as the droid's owner turned to her, the Cathar and the Dark One's troopers, "Let's at least get some food before we all part..." The boyish Bothan winked at the males, then sighed as she fixed her gaze on the Cathar at her side, "So much for my getting paid, if he's really made up his mind... You hungry?"

Kardek Alpha

K
((OOC: Let me know if I'm moving too fast at all, I'm not sure who all is still active in the thread ))

Jagen Danner Jagen Danner
"Dressel's good"

Kardek nodded to Jagen Danner Jagen Danner as he approached them. "Not that you care about my opinion, but I think you made the right call." Kardek said as they continued walking, "Working for their kind never ends well." He then turned his head towards Jagen Danner Jagen Danner with a slight chuckle and remarked, "What was all that about anyways? Are you some kind of legend or something?"

Kardek chuckled softly to himself as he detected from Alpha the wave from the young Bothan girl ( Nerd Wizard Nerd Wizard ).

Nerd Wizard Nerd Wizard
"Up for some Dianoga Tentacle Tips, Handsome?"

Kardek acknowledged her as they continued walking. "You know I'm not gonna lie, that sounds terrible. But I'm..." His muscles naturally tensed with the unexpected sensation of her hand running through his hair. "Well hey there, kid. I'd be careful with what you might find in there." He teased. He was actually referring to the cybernetic implant that had been placed inside part of his brain, but he knew she would probably think he was referring to something else entirely. "Anyways, I'm usually open to trying something new. Are you hitching a ride kid? I have a kitchen on board, I think we'd all prefer if it wasn't me cooking us dinner. Hell, that can be your boarding fee."

Nerd Wizard Nerd Wizard
"Let's at least get some food before we all part..."

Kardek Alpha came to a stop, sighing heavily as he slowly turned around to face the young kid and the dark armored troopers by her side,

"Listen, kid." he said in a lower tone, "I don't mix well with their type." He said, motioning with his hand towards the dark troopers. "Besides, I've got a job I need to get to. Did you want to come along?"

James Cerensp

Vant Dehringer

V
Vant cringed as he saw the dark one wave at him. His fear of dark users once again kicked in, and he decided it was time to make his exit. He quickly bolted back down the alley, disappearing into the shadows.

(( /Exit Thread. My character wasn't fitting well so I thought I'd just leave it to you guys, have fun!))

The Bothan decided to tag along, too. Well, throw herself at Kardek. Jagen smirked a little and shook his head, bemused. He knew her type, having had his fair share of experiences with them. He knew enough to know it was better to steer clear. Sith, he'd always known, but sometimes the right amount of Corellian whiskey changes your perspective for the night.

"You're real hungry, ain't you?" he said, somewhat sarcastically, in Riskyr's direction.

As the newfound group gained more distance from the dark jedi, space marines, the directorate recruiter and cloaked soldiers, Jagen finally released his grip on the blaster. He shot one more look over his shoulder, directed at the elevator from whence he came minutes earlier rather than those left behind, and sighed. He ran a hand through his hair.

"If I'm a legend, it's the first I'm hearing about it," he started in response to Kardek, "I guess I'm a good enough gun to catch some eyes."

Jagen looked at Kardek, the droid, then back to Kardek. He didn't feel the need to ask about their profession. He had a pretty good idea already.

Plus, he didn't give a womprat's ass.

"Which port?"

Kardek Alpha Nerd Wizard Nerd Wizard

Kardek Alpha

K
((OOC: So sorry, I hate to do this but I have to go on a long trip and won't be able to post for a long time, so I have to /Exit Thread. Very sorry for the inconvenience ))

0rnm6Kc.jpg

Hacks tugged at her collar, eyes glancing over her shoulder as securi-cops swarmed the Refugee Sector. One of them yelled out, "Hey you, stop!" but before anything further could be said a distressed droid gripped the securi-cop by his shoulders and spun him around. Hacks looked away. As she fled the scene more and more droids came rushing in, a tide of machines, a torrent of fury. KV-N1, the mysterious droid hivemind syndicate of the Refugee Sector, had arrived.

That was the way of Nar Shaddaa, a constant struggle of survival for every living, and sometimes non-living, beings on the planet. Even the droids fought. Gangs, cartels and syndicates came and went, most fizzled away into nothingness. Forgotten within the week, others influence continued to linger over the planet indefinitely. The Hutt Council was among them, constantly struggling to maintain control of the citizens. The Black Sun enforcers who pushed over those weaker than them for financial gain. What was left of the Red Ravens hiding in Babylon.

Her eyes darted up, looking far into the distance. Babylon, the tallest starcutter on the planet. It loomed high over every other building and while the threat and influence of the Red Ravens was all but gone, Babylon still held mythical status on the Smugglers Moon. Crime lords came and went and no one truly knew what the mysterious figures dealt in within those four walls. As she was lost into thought she accidentally slammed into a stranger walking the opposite way. Jagen.

Jagen Danner Jagen Danner

And it was a slam.

Jagen had been too busy casting a nostalgic glance over his shoulder to notice the cybernetic woman careening towards him. He would've fallen on his ass if it'd been any harsher, or she'd been any heavier.

"Oof!"

He regained his footing with a deep frown and quickly observed the woman in whatever state she found herself in.

"You okay?" He asked, though his tone lacked concern. More of a formality.

As he gazed at her features, he slowly felt the feeling of familiarity creep over him. He'd seen her before. Where? She reminded him of credits. Yes, the money. The feeling of a payday.

Ah.

She had a price on her head.

If Jagen was still part of the guild, he may have capitalised. Instead, this was an opportunity.

"You leaving town?" He asked.

Hacks Hacks

Hacks bounced back, twisted on her feet and her ankle gave out. She fell back towards the tough duracrete ground. Mechanical arms curled out in a flash from within her jacket and shot back, metal hands opened out flat on the ground. She caught herself before she was able to hit her head on the ground. Ooof. "You okay?" the man asked and she used the powerful cybernetics to push herself back onto her feet. "I'm fine, thanks-sorry," she quickly apologized. "You leaving town?" he asked and Hacks frowned. Is he trying to evaluate her. Her brow quivered and relaxed. "No, the Refugee Sector is home," she said and shot a thumb at her chest.

"But maybe you're leaving town," she said more matter-of-fact. "I can get you a ride, forget the papers you don't need to worry about customs, take what you want," she said insinuating he could smuggle himself and more off-world. Her glasses began to flash internally with messages as neural connections pinged to her sophisticated spectacles. She was accessing the CryptNet remotely. She brought up a list of pilots who were departing within the next few hours. All of them were some sort of criminal. Smuggler, pirate, bounty hunter. You name it.

(OOC: Sorry Jagen and crew, but life is kicking my fluffy ass, and I most focus on other concerns in my life for a time. That said, it was fun even if all I did was attempt to broker peace between all involved in what otherwise might have devolved into an attempted kidnapping... Happy roleplaying and creating, guys and gals. Be safe!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom