Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Chaos Stock Exchange | Beta Crowdfunding

WELCOME TO THE BEGINNINGS OF A DOWNWARDS SPIRAL INTO CAPITALISM

After working on a few behinds the things stuff, I'm proud to present what will hopefully become the Intergalactic Stock Exchange. This is a passion project of myself and a few other community members (namely Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin ) who want to take on the task of some sort of stock exchange using the new board currency, Underworld Credits.

Chaos Stock Exchanges have existed in the past, but this is a new form that will hopefully see participation from everyone across the board. The idea that we had when approaching this is that anyone could buy and trade stock and either make lots of credits or go broke. Basically the up and down gambling of the real world stock market infused into your Star Wars roleplay. We also wanted to add more dynamic shifting and spread of wealth across the board and hopefully this can lead to more world-building as well.

The mechanics and idea behind the stock market is simple, and we'll be looking at how things go. We'll be doing a limited time, 2-week run beta period starting December 19th (we'd love to hear feedback on that) and how fast we can get things up. The idea behind the mechanisms of stock trading is simple: you buy stock, its share value goes up. You sell stock, and its share value goes down. There will be a trading period each day during which orders to buy or sell may be submitted; after exchange hours close, orders are processed and stock prices are updated before the following day's trading hours begin. The system is still in the works, but what we want to see is dynamic increases or decreases in share price value, meaning that its a gamble that can make you rich or broke.

To get this moving, though, what we need is capital -- in the form of your Underworld Credits. To provide incentive, this limited run of the stock exchange will only feature a limited amount of companies that will be traded. Therefore, the top 5 donors can submit the company of their choice to be one of the exclusive corporations to be traded during this beta test edition (and as owners of large portions of your companies stock you stand to make a lot of credits, or lose them). Those who donate but don't make it to the top five will be able to use donated credits to purchase shares without having to donate any more, essentially in store credit. I also will have a public record of all donations to hold this process transparent and accountable.

For donations direct however much you wish to this account and it’ll be logged.

All in all this is a passion project and a test version at that, so we'll see how it goes. And hopefully it goes well, and it can pave the way for a larger and perhaps even permanent version of this in the future. Feel free to use this to discuss, ask questions, or you can always hit me up on discord (dethronedking#9758) if you wanna talk in private.

Last edited:

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
This concept is awesome and I look forward to seeing a lot more stock market things on Chaos, be they official or community-built or both.

I've build EXC-HNG3 EXC-HNG3 an embarassingly crude and extremely manual Google Sheets tool for simulating stocks based on inputting purchases and sales, and turned him loose on a few versions for learning purposes. I'm available to help support further stockish things in spreadsheets; it's educational for me. I don't normally do this kind of spreadsheet work.

To clarify a question that was asked on discord, everyone will be able to invest when it goes live. This is meant to be accessible for anyone on the board, even if you do zero factory/company stuff!

unknown.png

WIP Stock Dashboard (with bogus values for test purposes). Stay Tuned!​

cover1.jpg

We're very close to having a beta model of our stock market apparatus ready for public use. We really only need two individuals willing to donate to set up a reserve fund (and the reward is putting your company in the beta stock market + getting shares for said company) and we will be good to go. this reserve fund is important to prevent people from hypothetically selling more shares and trying to cash out more credits than what the market has, so if you wanna see this try and work please consider donating! Bar any complications, I've moved the start date up by a week from December 26th to December 19th. Get ready to start brokering!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom