Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Chaos Reigns

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
What was supposed to have been little more than a quick refuel had turned chaotic in the blink of an eye. They'd only left the spaceport in order to find a diner to lay low in until the ship was ready to fly again, somewhere to grab a bite to eat and stretch their legs without running into the more seedier establishments or individuals who called Mon Gazza home; things hadn't quite gone to plan.
In an instance the streets had erupted into unforeseen riots and Auraya was quickly separated from her Master. It was all she could do to avoid being trampled or mowed down, and by the luck of the Force she'd been able to navigate her way into a side street to hide out the worst of it. Truth be told she was struggling to even comprehend what was happening or why, it wasn't as though she'd been present for such things before. Her heart hammered against her chest, and each time she hazarded a glance out from her narrow refuge the chaos continued to reign.
No sign of Davron.
Force, she hoped he was okay. Ordinarily she'd never be so concerned about a Jedi Knight, but her Master couldn't exactly see now could he? Still, it made sense to wait until it died down at least a little before heading into the fray to search for him.
Or maybe that was just her fear talking.
As a particularly rowdy group passed the alleyway she shied further back into the darkness, and then turned to assess her options. Eyes drifted upward, searching for a way to get to the top of the buildings at her side, perhaps a better vantage point would help. "Who are you kidding?" she muttered to herself. "You'd just fall and break your neck."
Not that they were even particularly tall buildings, this wasn't a full blown cityscape after all. In fact most seemed pretty run down. Still, she couldn't justify cowering away like this forever.
Lukas

Lukas

L
Lukas had realised his dire lack of life experience, and his very limited knowledge of the galaxy past his home planet and the planet in which his training had begun. So, he’d come to the conclusion that he’d have to see more, and experience more, and that's likely to aid him in some way or another.

Finding someone willing to take Lukas around the galaxy had been hard enough, so in the end he’d just caught a ride with anyone who had to go out into the galaxy for work. He was sure he’d be able to find his way back easy enough, just getting there was the issue. Sure enough, someone was heading out on work, or Lukas presumed it was, he didn’t ask, so he asked to accompany him, and shockingly the pilot allowed him to do so.

Upon arriving, the Acolyte was quick to come to the conclusion that this planet probably wasn’t his kind of thing. As he began to make his way through the streets, the riots suddenly erupted, and Lukas slipped off into the backstreets. He paused for a moment before entering them, but suddenly something flew just past his face, as if it’d been thrown, not at him but he was just unfortunately positioned.

Lukas couldn’t figure out what had caused the riots, not that he was keen to find out after almost having been hit in the head, so he fully stepped into the backstreets, almost walking directly into a group. “Bastards.” he muttered angrily under his breath, glancing back at them. “When I thought I wanted to go and explore the galaxy, I meant… I don’t know actually, but not this.” he continued his muttering as he paused in the alley, taking a moment to assess what's around him.

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
The alleyway didn't remain safe for very long.
Smaller groups of ne'er-do-wells had begun to branch off from the main streets and had brought their destructive natures to the side streets. As a trio headed her way, Auraya forced herself back into the shadows and crouched down behind a set of trash cans in order to avoid detection.
She even went so far as to hold her breath.
One... Two... Three... Four...
What felt like the longest ten seconds passed before they were far enough from her again that she wasn't likely to be caught. Then she stood, huffed out a sigh of relief, and turned back the way they'd come from. Maybe it was time to get out of here. Maybe finding Davron sooner rather than later was, in fact, the safest route.
But as she turned, these thoughts in her head, she found herself almost face to face with another individual. Though they didn't seem to be part of the rioting, Auraya couldn't help but jump in surprise at the sight of him all the same. She took a small step back.
A few seconds to breathe, and then she felt a little calmer. "Avoiding the streets too?" she asked, hoping deep down that he really wasn't part of the conflict.
Lukas

Lukas

L
Lukas pulled his mask from over his head, leading out a relieved sigh. Once he got over the initial shock of the situation, he calmed down. His gaze followed the trio as they passed him by, glancing over in the direction that they had come from to see if he could tell what was happening, however when he was unable to do so, he simply leant back against the wall, determined to wait out the riot from the relative safety of the backstreets.

As soon as he heard the voice behind him, his hand instinctively moved to rest on the lightsaber resting on his hip, having became very skittish and jumpy since he realised a riot was going on so close. However as he turned, he once again relaxed, his hand moving back to rest by this side. “Yeah.” he nodded. “I can’t even tell what’s happening out there at this point, but I didn’t want to get caught up in the middle of that, so I figured waiting it out here would be more enjoyable than whatever it is. What about you?”

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
With his mask removed, Auraya could tell that the other person was about her age. Dark hair, skin slightly paler than her own, he seemed as lost and confused as she was. It was something of a relief, to not feel so alone in the midst of it.
"It happened so quickly" she agreed, with a grimace, "No idea what started it. Hopefully it'll die down soon, huh?"
He turned the question back on her, and she nodded her head in further agreement. "Yeah, trying to avoid it. Probably going to have to head out there soon though, I uh... May have lost someone in the chaos of it all." She chewed on the inside of her lip, unsure if that was even something she ought to have admitted. But again, he looked in a similar predicament to her.
What harm could it really cause?
"Are you uh, are you from here?"
There were worse ways to wait out the storm than to ask pointless questions. Though maybe if he was from Mon Gazza he'd know of somewhere they could hide that wasn't so, well, open.

Lukas

L
“Hopefully, yeah. I don’t know how long these things tend to last though.” he glanced over towards where the other groups had walked from previously. “I don’t imagine that’s a crowd you’d want to lose someone in though. I suppose you could climb something, get a better point of view.”

He trailed off for a moment, looking around for something to climb on before returning his gaze back to her as she spoke again. “No, I’m not from anywhere near here. I’m just exploring, I suppose. Imagine my shock when the first time I go out to visit new planets, and I end up basically hiding in an alleyway from what looks to be a riot.” He couldn’t help but smile at the image of someone training to become a Sith was effectively cowering in an alleyway from something such as a riot.

“My name's Lukas, by the way.”

If they were going to be stuck in an alleyway for however long, or just avoiding the riot, then Lukas figured that the two should at least get to know one another, it’d probably make the wait go faster.

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
"Me either, I've never seen anything like it. One minute it was calm, the next... It's like everyone went mad." As for losing Davron, he was right, it was a horrifying experience. She had no real way of knowing if he was okay, if he'd been caught up in it or whether he'd also managed to find a place to wait it out. Force, she hoped it was the latter.
"I was thinking about climbing to the roof" she agreed, though her expression turned to something of a grimace, "Pretty sure I'd just fall though. Climbing's not really my forte." There wasn't exactly a ladder leading up there either. Though there were trash cans and the like which might help to boost her up. She pondered that for a moment, before shrugging. "Do you, uh... Think maybe you could give me a leg up?"
He wasn't from here, in fact this seemed to be the first place he'd come to beyond his homeworld. She thought back to her own experience with such. Technically she'd traveled from Lujo once, but she'd been an infant then and didn't remember it. Then she was in the Enclave... Until a few months back. "I went from a quiet place to Coruscant my first time" she offered empathically, "It's a shock to see somewhere new for the first time, isn't it? Nevermind when there's a riot!"
Then he gave his name, and despite the circumstances Auraya couldn't help but smile a friendly smile. "I'm Auraya. Nice to meet you... Though different circumstances might have been nicer, huh?"
No matter. She glanced up at the rooftop again. If Lukas didn't give her a boost, she supposed she'd get to climbing. Force, why hadn't she paid more attention in Force Jump classes..?
Lukas

Lukas

L
“Sure, I can give you a boost.” He nodded, making his way over towards the wall. He lowered himself slightly, holding his hands out front, overlapping one with the other. “That’s probably alright..” He muttered to himself, before looking back over towards her. “Just step on whenever you’re ready, and I’ll push you up. Try to grab something, and if you fall, uh.. I’ll try to catch you, I suppose.” He shrugged, bending his knees slightly to make himself more stable.

“I’m sure that was an interesting first outing.” He thought back, trying to recall all that he could about coruscant. It was a well known planet after all, but his knowledge didn’t go much past its name. “Shocking, yeah. But, I guess it just means the rest of the planets I visit will probably be quite nice in comparrision. It’s a good experience to have though, means I'll probably be less caught off guard if it happens again.” He glanced back up at the wall once again, frowning. He looked around for nearby things he could grab to tower up in case his boost wouldn’t be enough, taking note of the various bins laying around.

“Probably nicer, yeah.” He nodded. “Though, I doubt I’d have met anyone really had I not stumbled down here to avoid that riot.”

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
[Sorry for the late reply, it's been a crazy week!]

Lukas seemed more than willing to assist her, which had Auraya breathe a sigh of relief. He didn't have to, of course, yet he didn't even seem to hesitate. There was a little bit of mumbling that she couldn't quite make out, but that didn't much matter to her. His business was his own, after all.
"Hey, thanks," she said, the smile growing slightly in response. She glanced up again, squinting at the not-too-tall rooftop, and then stepped toward him.
"Yeah, I think you're right. Getting the shock out of the way first definitely helps with the rest. Where you from? I'm from Lujo, originally. Don't know much about it though. Maybe one day I'll get to visit."
Truth be told she didn't even know where Lujo was. Maybe she'd ask Davron about it some time.
No matter. She reached a hand up to the wall, and settled another gently on his shoulder as she lifted herself up with his help. Both hands shifted to the edge of the rooftop, and she began to pull herself up. Auraya wasn't exactly the best where heights were concerned, but she tried to squash that down. The rooftop would certainly prove more safe than the ground, right?
And maybe she could spot her Master from up there.
But first? First she had to shimmy on up.

Lukas

L
“Lujo?” He paused for a moment, quickly realising he hadn’t even heard of the planet. “Not sure if I’ve even heard of it. I’m sure it’d be a nice visit though, learning about where you’re from.” Lukas tensed up, trying to remain as still as possible as she pushed off from him, ensuring neither of them would lose balance. “I was born in Volik, but like you I don’t really know much about it as I was still quite young. Might be nice though to go back at some point.” He almost shrugged, before stopping himself, that probably wouldn't of been the greatest idea.

He glanced up for a moment, checking that she had a grip on the roof, before he began to slowly turn his head, looking for something that he could boost himself up from. He didn’t exactly want to hang around by himself in case the riots spilled into the alleys, so he figured he’d join her. “Tell me once I’m good to step away.” He spoke slightly louder than he previously had done, making sure his voice travelled.

Auraya Irath-Ur

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom