Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing capital

News Flash!
Greetings Republicans!
With the new faction staff complete we have finally decided to move our capital away from Chazwa.​
First,
yes, we would have prefered to have it an IC decission but sometimes the OOC rules simply wont wait for IC progression. It is regretably but simply something we al have to deal with at times. So we put on our admin hats for this one and made an OOC decission before the IC can hapen.
The reasoning behind our move was amongst other:
  1. We feel the Republic need to restart and refocus and Chazwa is very associated with war and usurpers. It simply does not give the "good aligned" vibe that is needed for our faction. In short, its a ruined planet that has failed to protect the senate and its people time over time again.
  2. The New planet has very little canon data which gives us a great chance to mold a new capital into a seat that will represent us the way we want.
  3. There is a current risk that we will undergo another cloud break should the Mandalorian take Alderaan from us. We decided that if that happens we are going to focus south and not north on the galactic Map.
Right, so that's it...​
....​
....​
...​
..​
Oh wait!
The new capital of the Republic is Yutan!
So what now?
Nothing much. We can continue to RP Chazwa as capital for the time being. This is a necessary OOC move to act before eventual IC makes it impossible for us to do so. Eventually we will need everyones help to start and establish ourselves ic on Yutan. The sooner the better but a Planet sub is under the way and we will post a draft once we got some flesh on the bones for you all to give input on. Once we have it finished things will be more clear and we can really start to RP the IC move.​
hugs and kisses from the staff

[member="Mantic Dorn"] Yutan is really far out there. Kiribi will now be at the very fringe of Republic space. From an IC perspective, this looks like the central government is leaving its outermost systems to the wolves while its saving its own hide. Then that narrow bend that leads out to Yutan is ripe for an invasion, which makes a cloud break even more possible. The Mandalorians can play it off like we're steering too close to Roche, then swoop in to cut us off. While Sith can do whatever they please if they want. I'd be emboldened to try something in their position.

Less boo-hoo, more go-to! We play the hand we're dealt. We can either gripe about it all day every day, or gird our collective loins and leap headlong into the fray. So long as one planet remains within our cloud of influence, the Republic survives. If the day comes when even that has been taken from us, well, the final round will be on me.

Suravi Teigra said:
[member="Mantic Dorn"] Yutan is really far out there. Kiribi will now be at the very fringe of Republic space. From an IC perspective, this looks like the central government is leaving its outermost systems to the wolves while its saving its own hide. Then that narrow bend that leads out to Yutan is ripe for an invasion, which makes a cloud break even more possible. The Mandalorians can play it off like we're steering too close to Roche, then swoop in to cut us off. While Sith can do whatever they please if they want. I'd be emboldened to try something in their position.
Sorry for the late reply.

I can definately see your point and it was not an easy decission. But for IC matters no move has been made yet, and it may not have to be IC moved either. Naturally the capital should represent an IC bastion but in our case it does not need be the permanent home of the senate.
It can be though and we are developing the planet in order to serve as both IC and OOC a stronghold of the GR but for the time being it is only the OOC capital.

The move has a strong OOC tactic behind it. And again, it would have been much smoother and more fun to have these things settled via IC channels but unfortunately the staff has noticed that we as faction are seldom given that chance time wise and so it was decided to go this route.
The move is also a strong indication about that we want our faction to start forcus on stories on how to fight evil rather then being stuck with the current Mando politics. The map game is a part of our faction but we want to tell other stories and have time to figure out our path.
Having the map game capital to the south hopefully wil give us one less thing to worry about in order to get to that point.

Again, IC we dont have any changes yet but I hope that we can see a good story development around it all in due time.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Mantic Dorn"]
Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but has any thought been put into a Plan B? Roche could very well cut Yutan off entirely depending on how the map is edited and updated, meaning that if the Admins go by 'first come, first served' the capital may very well be denied for Yutan and remain on Chazwa. Is there a second option, one that the capital can be moved to in that event? Or is Plan B going to basically mean staying on Chazwa?

Popo said:
[member="Mantic Dorn"]
Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but has any thought been put into a Plan B? Roche could very well cut Yutan off entirely depending on how the map is edited and updated, meaning that if the Admins go by 'first come, first served' the capital may very well be denied for Yutan and remain on Chazwa. Is there a second option, one that the capital can be moved to in that event? Or is Plan B going to basically mean staying on Chazwa?
Hello, our estimation is that Roche wont lead to cloud break. Its not in a direct line to the south.
But, thats not up to us and if it does lead to a cloud break and it is decided that because of that Yutan is no longer in our cloud, then it will not help to announce another capital before Alderaan either. Because then Alderaan will stop thag move just like Roche... domino effect sorta.

But its a good point and one to take into consideration for sure.

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] - I am sorry that I missed your question. It was not meant to ignore you.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Mantic Dorn said:
Hello, our estimation is that Roche wont lead to cloud break. Its not in a direct line to the south.

To be fair, the Mandos dominioned Taris before the invasion of Wayland to help cushion any territory loss, but even though it didn't technically break the cloud at all, most of the territory was lost in that direction. Just a thought to consider and plan for.

sabrina

[member="Popo"] I don't see he has much choice, if they don't move capitals then after Alderaan is over the republic would be practically dead in the water map wise. As they would be caught between The One Sith and The Mandalorians. This would mean no more doms, and certain death.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="sabrina"]
In my experiences, the admins never fully encircle a faction. Like, the OS could dominion every world in a circle around the Mandos and there would always be a break in the cloud for the Mandos to expand from. I don't think staff would arbitrarily tell a faction "Welp, sorry, but you're surrounded. No more dominions for you, but good luck in dying the slow death of strangulation."

sabrina

[member="Popo"]

True but I am guessing after Alderaan I am guessing Eshan is next, which means there is no more realistic wiggle room north.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="sabrina"]
Says who? As far as I'm aware of, the only reason the Mandos stepped in at Alderaan is because of familial ties IC and because the Alderaanians asked the Mandos to show up. Unless someone sparks a war, the Mandos will probably wander off and do their own thing as far as I can see.

sabrina

[member="Popo"] No one but Eshan plans to or has secede to best of my knowledge, so I would be prudent to at least assume that would be the next target. Though I could be very wrong, it ha been known.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom