Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chandrila DataTech

Chandrila DataTech is a Tier 2 technological firm founded on Chandrila, in it's capital Hanna City. It is ran, maintained and owned by it's founder, Alicia Drey, who also happens to come from Hanna City. DataTech was founded to create a gateway to technology on world, after Alicia identified a market of which, instead of buying from imports from other systems, there would instead be a direct retailer on world for which Chandrilians and other consumers from other systems to buy from.

With the expansion of Chandrila DataTech, the company has released a catalog of it's available products, for other systems to buy from as well, thus adding technology to one of Chandrila's exports alongside it's agriculture.

Each item released on the catalog, such as those found in the Lenoi range, come with the "Chon" operating system and the "Chon" store, which gives consumers direct access to software products released by Chandrila DataTech and developers associated with it and it's products.

Catalog:​

Lenoi Range - Introducing the Lenoi range, a planned series of Datapads developed by Chandrila DataTech. Released first onto the market is the Lenoi I. Retail price of 300cr.

It comes with speakers located at the top and bottom of the datapad, with volume control buttons and on/off switch located on the left-hand side. A rechargeable power port is also on the left side, leaving the right side blank and untouched. The datapad uses Datatech's borderless touchscreen technology in order to give the largest screen possible. The product is made from imported materials and is manufactured on Chandrila.

Specs:
Manufacturer: Chandrila Datatech®.
Type: Datapad.
Dimensions: 249mm (L) x 19mm (W) x 290mm (H).
Weight 895g (31.5oz).
Operating system: Chon.
CPU: 1.5GHz with Bluemoon Graphics.
Memory: 1.5 GB and 1.5GB RAM.
Removable Storage: Varied depending on datacard.
Battery: Carbon-neutral alkaline battery, rechargeable and removable.
Data inputs: Multi-touch, magnetometer, proximity and ambient light sensors.
Display: 14" (355.6 mm).
Touchscreen: TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen.
Waterproof: No.
Holonet connectivity: Yes.

~​
Raxor Range - Introducing the Raxor range, a planned series of commlinks developed by Chandrila DataTech. Released first on the market is the Raxor I. Retail price of 145cr.
The Raxor I is the first released Commlink of the Raxor series, which was developed, designed and released by it's manufacture, supplier and retailer, Chandrila DataTech. With the DataTech symbol found center to it's back, the Raxor I is a modern version of the Commlink, giving the user the ability to make calls to other devices. The Raxor I also comes with a camera, so the user can take pictures and make short video recordings; a text based function, giving the ability to send text messages to other devices; download applications, such as games or tools from the Chon store; and can be used to connect to the Holonet.​

The Raxor I uses the Chon operating system and can only be used on Chandrila. This is due to the network of which it is connected too is only found here and has yet to be expanded to other worlds and systems. Third parties, such as Chandrila DataTech, as well as other nefarious groups or individuals, have the ability to install listening devices or tracking software to the Raxor I, if they manage to break through the firewall and anti virus that comes free with it, due to the use of the Chon software on the device. It also cannot connect to other forms of cyberspace, other than the Holonet. This is because the Holonet is the only service provider found on Chandrila at this time.

It comes with a speaker, found at the bottom of the commlink beneath it's Aurebesh numbers; and a camera, which is found at the top at the back of the device, just above the DataTech symbol, which is beneath. It comes with a glass panel, so that the user can see what they are doing when they are using the device. The Raxor I is not touchless and isn't waterproof. It is fragile and it's glass panel, as well as it's components, can be easily broken when it is dropped on the floor. The Raxor I is manufactured on Chandrila, through the use of imported materials.

~​

Core Range - Introducing the Core range, a planned series of computer hardware developed by Chandrila DataTech. Released first on the market is the Core I. Retail price of 450cr.

The Core I is the first released computer of the Core series, which was developed, designed and released by it's manufacturer Chandrila DataTech. It comes with a monitor and keyboard as part of a package, with the DataTech symbol found on the back of the monitor, sides of the computer and top corner of the keyboard. The Chon operating system comes freely installed onto the computer, with the Chon store as part of the package as well.

The Core I can be used at home as a personal desktop or in business. It cannot be used on ships, as they are not yet compatible. Like all systems, the Core I can have tracking software or listening devices installed by an outside party, for nefarious or protective means of the user. It comes with a 2.1 GHz core processor; can store up to 10 GB or 12 GB in memory (dependent on the version being brought, which is subjective to the price and customer); and contains a graphic card.

It's monitor is 11.6 inches in length and contains proximity and ambient light sensors, by 1366 by 768 pixels. It contains a integrated 58-watt-hour-lithium-polymer battery, which is rechargeable. Alternatively, the user can plug in the device to a wall socket. The Core I is manufactured on Chandrila, through imported materials.

~​

The Chon -- The Chon is an operating system that are usually found on Lenoi range and other series of products released by Chandrila DataTech. It has also been made available to be brought, installed and used on other Datapads, Commlinks and Computers. Retail price of 200cr.

With the development of the Lenoi series, Chandrila DataTech sought to invent a new piece of software for it's hardware, in the form of a new operating system that would be installed and used on the Lenoi and the other up and coming products that the technological firm plan to design, develop and manufacture on Chandrila.

Chon was given name for the operating system that would be first tested on the Lenoi I, the first Datapad that Chandrila DataTech made to go public. Designed to be used on Datapads, Commlinks, Computers and utilized with other forms of software installed onto the Lenoi I and other products produced by DataTech, Chon will appear with the "Chon symbol" that shows it's affiliation to it's designer.

It has an inbuilt security system that allows a user to choose their own username and password, as well as inbuilt programs such as a notepad, which will allow the user to type and/or write through the keyboard or pen features; a calculator, which will allow the user to alternate between a scientific and mathematical version to perform mathematics; and a desktop, which will neatly sort out and place icons that will direct the user to the programs that they wish to access and use on their Datapad, Commlink or Computer.

The Chon operating system has the ability to install tracking, monitoring and other forms of software that will allow a third party, such as Chandrila DataTech, to monitor and track it's consumers activities on the Holonet and other forms of cyberspace. However, DataTech has opted not have this installed alongside with the Chon operating system, as they felt it would be violating it's consumers.

Chon also comes with an inbuilt firewall and anti virus that can be described as having a "mild" form of protection as the user enters the Holonet and other forms of cyberspace. The user has the option of deactivating and then installing better developed forms of protection into the Chon and onto the form of hardware they are using at their discretion.

~​

The Chon Store -- The Chon Store is an online gateway to software applications, firewalls, anti virus and other forms of software made available to download via the Holonet and other forms of cyberspace connected to the device hosting it. The Chon Store is a free available download to any handset or device.

The store also comes as part of the Chon operating system, which is found on products such as the Lenoi range, released by Chandrila DataTech; and can also be found on other hardware that have decided to buy, download and install the "Chon" onto them.

Applications:

Firewalls:

Anti virus:

Advertisement -- "Chandrila DataTech is looking for developers, free lance or otherwise, to work in the Chon store, to develop applications, firewalls and anti virus. Positions are available for developers to come work for the company on a part time or full time contract."

Advertisement; The Core I has gone on sale for the price of 450cr and comes free with the Chon and Chon store, which is already uploaded onto your desktop. Also, the Raxor I, which also comes with the Chon and Chon store, has gone on sale as well for the retail price of 145cr; and of course our Lenoi I is still on sale for 300cr.

You can find our products in our newly opened DataTech's stores in Hanna City, found on Chandrila or alternatively you can order over the HoloNet. DataTech is not liable to cover costs of shipping and these will be billed directly from your account.

Alicia Drey x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom