Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chance of Fate

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
@[member="Javir Strilla"]

There was a certain emptiness that allowed a person to be very introspective on such a lonely planet. Tracyn considered Concord Dawn, his homeplanet, to be rather...lonely. Fields upon fields of wheat and only a few people compared to other planets to tend to them made it a lot of expanses of pure golden strands, that dotted the planet and made it seemed like it had hair. The hair of the earth swayed in the wind, and Tracyn was very comfortable with it. He was wearing his Beskar'gam, on his way to see something, just from a distance in which he hadn't seen in a long time.

The trek up the hill was familiar, even moreso without a second pair of footprints beside him. He was hoping, one day, that he would take Cassus up the hill, but Cassus was far beyond help and Asha was never going to be found again. Resting himself on the tire swing, his eyes wandered to the ranch, about a mile away. He could only see it in the distance, and he swung himself gently on the swing, sighing. He looked down at his hands, and then looked back up at the house. It was a nice house, wooden in some places and duraplast and duracrete, a real working family's land. The children had grown up since he had last been here, small numbers of blonde haired ruffians running around, and the other taller ones doing their chores and singing songs while doing it. Tracyn looked solemnly at the scene, before sighing and pushing himself by the balls of his feet, to match the swaying of the wind in the tire swing that he once called his.

@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

No matter what people say. Death never changes. No matter what you believe, doubt, or even think you know. Death never changes. Watching someone important to you die is a fate worse then death. It does something to the mind, almost as if it tears the mind of the person who had to watch. Javir knew this feeling all to well he had of course just lost his parents earlier that day. The sad part was no one saw it coming, even with how much Javir thought ahead and planned for eventualities the loss of his parents to two sith was something he hadn't foreseen or even thought to factor in.

They had been slaughtered as if they were nothing more than vermin. Javir had gotten his revenge though, or what he considered it. HE had slaughtered one of the sith that was already dying from the battle with his parents. Javir had completely handed himself over to his anger when he did so, and when he came to all he saw was a figure that had been cut into multiple pieces. Thanks to his family already owning a plot Javir was able to bury them properly, though there was no one there but him. Javir had burned the bodies of the Sith, and the smell of burnt flesh still clung to him making him want to gag.

Retrieving his mothers lightwhip that had multiple tassels, and his fathers curved hilt lightsaber Javir set out and placed the house up for sell. He no longer wanted anything to do with it, however he didn't have to much of a choice since he had no place else to live. Leaving the house Javir set out through the wheat fields parting them as if he were breaking waves. The loud clink of the lightwhip which was wrapped around his waste like a belt could be heard as he neared a hill that had a swing he had occasionally found himself visiting whenever he was sad, or needed a place to think.

Alan

Tracyn turned to the newcomer, but didn't sense any hostilities coming from him. He didn't really sense much besides an attachment to the force. He turned towards the newcomer, smiling a bit. He looked forward, pushing back and forth on the swing."I built this when I was about 15, to uh...get away after I came back for a bit. I didn't say here long, I was always..on the move. Can't say I really liked it, to be fair. Wonder how life would be if I toughed it out here, or if I would have even made it at all."He pushed on the ground, swaying back and forth."I'm Tracyn. What's your name?"He eyed the lightwhip and curved hilt. The kid, if he decided to attack him, would suffer a nasty fate. And the fact that he hadn't, meant that Tracyn didn't have much to worry about him. He turned his head towards him, swaying back and forth in the seat.

@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]
Noticing how the man had on Beskar'gam Javir figured he was a actual Mandalorian and was wondering what one would be doing sitting on a swing when he could've been tending to crops or even out doing mercenary work. The man seemed nice enough, but Javir didn't know if he could actually trust him or anyone else for the matter. "I can tell you one thing. It certainly is quiet out here, who knows maybe you would've had a nice quiet life. Like I used to." Javir said answering the man's question even if it wasn't meant for him. Looking around for somewhere to sit, Javir decided against it. He had no clue what this man was capable of and didn't plan to be caught off guard. "My names Javir, and I guess thank you for building this swing. It gave me a place to think in peace away from my mother and father." He said before wiping his dirt stained hands on his shirt before holding it out to shake Tracyn's.

Alan

Tracyn shook the younger man's hand, before releasing it and swinging it back and forth, sighing."I wish I could say I've had a quiet life. I could have, you know. But...duty calls."He paused and sighed, sensing his distrust and uneasy feeling."I'm a Jedi. I won't hurt you, or try to. As long as you don't and do the same, kid."He said with a smile, gesturing to the small patch of dirt where many others had sit before him."Sit, relax."He said, smiling at the golden fields of wheat.

"Quite a view, isn't it?"Tracyn said, folding his legs as he continued to gently swing back and forth.

Listening to the man Javir took a seat on the ground and pulled the hood to his robes down. His eternally tan skin now baked from the sun as he empty green eyes scanned the fields ahead of them. Yes it was a nice sight but all it brought Javir at this point was more pain. Looking back at the man Javir would say "Maybe you should've put yourself before duty. Though it is brave and selfless to go when duty calls. However sometimes everyone needs their time alone." Javir stated as he let what he said hang in the air. He wasn't going to claim to be wise. It was more so his parents that had raised him that way.

After a few seconds of silence Javir asked "So what's it like being a Jedi? Aren't you completely selfless in everything you do?"

@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

Alan

Tracyn chuckled and kept his eyes focused on the swaying fields of wheat. "Duty, to a Jedi, is everything. I'd sacrifice everything I have, or myself, to make sure that I do my duty. And my duty is to uphold peace, and to protect the Republic. And given, my skillset, that comes in handy quite a lot. Listen, if you dedicate yourself to everyone else, you kind of forget you exist. And that's what I did. And I'm okay with that. It gives me something to live for. But if you make a choice like that one day, make sure that you find something to live for too, not just everyone else." He said, sighing and laughing at his next remark.

"Jedi aren't perfect, Javir. I try to be as selfless as I can, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not perfect."He said, reaching up and running a hand through his hair, smiling."What about you, Javir? What kind of man are you?"He inquired, finally turning towards Javir.

"How could duty ever mean that much? You still have your own lives to lead, of course being selfless is always good, but being to selfless has to be bad as well. From the way you put it you'd lay down your life for duty. Me, I'd lay mines down for the ones I cared for, but considering they're no longer around I guess I have to find something else. Javir contemplated as he decided to lay back and look up at the sky. HE had seen enough of the wheat on Concord Dawn, he had been playing and working in fields of wheat for years. What was there really left for him to do on this planet. He couldn't just go back to a regular farm life, he knew to much. It was time for him to forge his own path and follow the ways of the force like his father had asked him to.

"I don't know what type of person I am anymore honestly. I just feel empty. I thirst for knowledge, maybe even for a bit of power. To you that may seem evil, but I wouldn't use it for negative applications. Honestly I think it's time I left the nest and began to follow the force like my parents before me." Javir said to Traycyn finding himself completely comfortable talking to the man even though it may be because he had no one left to listen to him.

@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

Alan

Tracyn sighed, and glanced outward. He held out his hand, making the strands of wheat sway in the wind, over an entire area, separate in the direction. He turned towards Javir."Imagine the galaxy and the people in it, as a field of wheat, if you will. See what I just did? I moved an entire section of the galaxy in a direction."He paused and held the fields of wheat steady, but never ripped them from the ground."And I can continue to do so. This is what one person can do."He took up his second hand, gently lowering his first."But now, someone comes and stops them.."The wheat strands went back to their original poses, and swayed again in the wind."And after that person acts, balance, and peace is restored."He said with a smile, turning to Javir.

He clucked his tongue, and looked towards Javir, a fatherly look over his face. Tracyn would have made a good father, if his son had not been transformed into a monster and set loose upon the galaxy."I believe, that I, even for a brief moment, help bring someone peace and balance, or an entire area, or the galaxy, then I have done my duty. I will warn you, Javir. The force and it's applications, are very, very dangerous. Even I, have a hard time resisting the urge of the dark side. What you see here before you, is peaceful and balanced. The pursuit of power and an unending thirst for knowledge can lead to negative emotions, which draws you into the viciousness of the dark side. I have walked in the shadows, and nearly fell into them, if it weren't for my friends and the Jedi. If you want to follow that path, be wary, men like me, my friends, and the Jedi will have no problem putting you down."He leaned forward and rubbed his hands, sighing.

"But...there is another option, Javir."

Watching the demonstration Javir couldn't help but find himself transfixed in what Trayn was saying and doing. "But psuhing against the will of others is sort of like oppression isn't it?" Javir asked as he reached out Torrey the same as Tracyn, but decided against it. Javir had a moderate skill in using force push and pull, but that was about it besides his healing trance. "It seems like the one who came and fought back was the good one as well. Is this supposed to be a demonstration of the light and dark sides?" Javir asked watching the wheat as it returned to normal and began swaying in the wind.

"Hmm bringing people happiness may be a good thing, but you can't do it for everyone. However it's good to know someone as selfless as you. Hmm knowledge and power don't seem to bad. With those wouldn't you be able to combat the dark side? Using their own methods against them? You may fall but at least you changed things before you had. Trust me before I ever fell completely to the dark id finish myself off." Javir admitted. "So what's this other option?"

@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

Alan

Tracyn gave off a sigh, tilting and cocking his head."Many Jedi have thought to use the Dark side against those who wield it. Fighting fire with fire, if you will. But, the problem with fighting fire with fire, is that all you're doing is burning more things. The Dark side cannot be controlled. It is...cancerous. Evil. Only an outside force can stop the dark side."He smiled when Javir got the demonstration's point, but said nothing else of it."The dark side of the force is...unnaturally powerful. It gives everything you do strength, and power, but at a great cost. Just look at the Sith, their faces, their bodies, their minds. They are twisted and corrupted to the core, and even though some of them had good intentions, they were lost ultimately, to the terrible fountain that is the dark side. It's hypnotic and irresistible to some, and Jedi try to maintain above it. It's a constant struggle for some."He swayed back and forth on the bench.

"You learn, that's the other option."He turned to face Javir, his eyes locking onto him.

"It's a shame that it had never worked out for any of them then" Javir stated as he looked back at Tracyn. "The Dark side is evil I guess but I just seem to think that there is still some hope for redemption even in the worst of them."Javir said before shrugging his shoulders. His parents had left that life behind and seemed to have been redeemed so why not others. " Hmm I see your point and I concede. From what I've heard there are some sith that are twisted. "Are you one of the ones who it's a constant struggle for? So far you're the only Jedi I've met. Plus who would teach me? I am past the age that a Jedi would take me under there wing." Javir said watching the blue skies as he saw starships come and leave the planet in silence.

@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom