Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaito Gozen

K
710x528_17122561_10013631_1483083453.jpg

[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Primary Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt](Please link and cite the sources which you are modifying for your use in your submission.)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Masamune[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Closed-Market[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Model: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Modularity:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Portable, can be worn as a band, or attached to a belt. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Production[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Semi-Unique[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Material: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt](Anti) Force-Imbued Materials[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]The device allows an FU to use the Force within a nullification field produced by Ysalamir by partially terminating the nullification field with an inverse counter field of anti-Force energy. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]The terminating field only extends in a meter radius (by comparison, a single Yaslaamir field has a five-meter radius), which means that most Force abilities are still greatly restricted in use, particularly Sense and Alter style techniques. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]A niche countermeasure made to address only one method of Force nullification. Has no effect on other kinds of Force nullification/dampening items like void stone. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Cero is a special countermeasure that allows Force Users to continue to harness the Force, albeit within in a limited fashion, in the presence of a Ysalamir nullification field. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]This countermeasure was developed utilizing the curious properties of “anti-Force”, an exotic energy source originating from a parallel dimension much like Hyperspace or Otherspace, stumbled upon during an accident by Kiribian pathfinders plotting new lanes through uncharted pockets of the galaxy. What was special about anti-Force was its ability to annihilate Force energy in a process not unlike matter anti-matter reactions or phase cancellation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Because of the risk that anti-Force posed, the discovery was kept under wraps while researchers studied the full effects of the anti-Force in secret, improving their ability to harness it in the process. Several different applications were tested, from energy production to weaponization. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Among the researchers and organizations brought in to study the anti-Force was Masamune, a firm that specialized in developing special items with paranormal properties. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]After conducting their own studies, they quickly came up with their own special uses for anti-Force, including making a true counter to ever more ubiquitous lizard on the battlefield. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]After a long series of trial and error, they were able to develop a particular anti-Force field as an inverse mirror to Ysalamir nullification fields. As the two opposing fields of Force and anti-Force energy make contact, they neutralize each other in a process that creates a bubble where an FU may now manipulate the Force. Energy generated from the annihilation process is absorbed by the Cero device to keep itself powered. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]While an FU is free to use their Force abilities, it’s only within a very small space of a one-meter radius. In the presence of a nullification field, abilities relying on extrasensory perception/precognition/telepathy and projection are still greatly stunted. Furthermore, this is a niche item made to address only one form of Force nullification. It’s useless against other Force nullifying/ dampening items like a void stone. [/SIZE]

Netherworld

[member="Kaito Gozen"]

The idea is interesting, and I like the thought put into it, but I don't see it working with how it's currently set up.

The Anti-Force that you mention here is a counter to the Force. However, Ysalamiri don't use the Force to produce their nullification fields, so this would literally have no noticeable effect. Even if you invert 'Anti-Force', you get Force, which would get nullified the same as ever in a Ysalamiri bubble.

If anything, I could see this Anti-Force resource being used as a new form of, well, anti-Force technology. Using it to repel a something that already nullifies the Force makes no sense.

Additionally, though this is a minor thing; the linked company wouldn't be able to make this anyway, since it lacks the appropriate operations.

Now, going forward, your options are:
  • I bump this back to Pre-Factory. You rework this with the same intent but different materials
    OR
  • I bump this back to Pre-Factory. You rework this with the opposite intent but keep the materials
    OR
  • I archive this, and you pick a completely different route to your desired goal.
Let me know what you want me to do. :)

Kaito Gozen

K
[member="Netherworld"]

Netherworld said:
Now, going forward, your options are:
  • I bump this back to Pre-Factory. You rework this with the same intent but different materials
    OR
  • I bump this back to Pre-Factory. You rework this with the opposite intent but keep the materials
    OR
  • I archive this, and you pick a completely different route to your desired goal.
Let me know what you want me to do.
Before you dismiss my submission, I would hope that I at least get a chance to make edits based on your initial feedback. I also have some questions for you before I can proceed with any changes so that I know I'm on the right track.

Netherworld said:
The Anti-Force that you mention here is a counter to the Force. However, Ysalamiri don't use the Force to produce their nullification fields, so this would literally have no noticeable effect. Even if you invert 'Anti-Force', you get Force, which would get nullified the same as ever in a Ysalamiri bubble.
I think it's fair to reason that the nullification bubbles are some kind of passive Force ability, or then how could they affect Force powers?

Netherworld said:
If anything, I could see this Anti-Force resource being used as a new form of, well, anti-Force technology. Using it to repel a something that already nullifies the Force makes no sense.
That's not my style with my organization or the intended users. They would prefer a more benign application of anti-Force because of its inherently destructive properties within realspace.

Netherworld said:
Additionally, though this is a minor thing; the linked company wouldn't be able to make this anyway, since it lacks the appropriate operations.
Masamune produces Force-imbued items and countermeasures to Force abilities and items. I'm pretty sure this sub falls under that umbrella of operations, but if not, then what operation do you recommend to make this all kosher?

You also suggested a change in materials. What would those be?

Netherworld

[member="Kaito Gozen"]

Kaito Gozen said:
I think it's fair to reason that the nullification bubbles are some kind of passive Force ability, or then how could they affect Force powers?
  • That's a pretty big assumption to make. I get where you're coming from, but do you have any source material to back it up?

Kaito Gozen said:
That's not my style with my organization or the intended users. They would prefer a more benign application of anti-Force because of its inherently destructive properties within realspace.
  • I understand that. Specifically choosing to base your submission around something that is a violent antithesis of the Force, however, works against you from the get-go in this intent.

Kaito Gozen said:
Masamune produces Force-imbued items and countermeasures to Force abilities and items. I'm pretty sure this sub falls under that umbrella of operations, but if not, then what operation do you recommend to make this all kosher?
  • From your Workshop page:
    Specialty: Force Imbued Equipment and Weapon Systems/Countermeasures
  • The item we're dealing with here is neither Force-imbued, nor is it a weapon. I suppose accessories in a broader sense would work here?

Kaito Gozen said:
You also suggested a change in materials. What would those be?
  • Something that is better suited to what you're trying to achieve. The Anti-Force "was the polar opposite of the Force as known by the known universe."
  • The above is the main rub here for me. If you invert a polar opposite, you get the original; in this case, the Force. And deploying the Force in a Force-nullifying field would just render it nullified like any other Force-related effect.
  • My suggestion would be to work instead with the Ysalamiri themselves. Since it's their power that you want to reverse/repel, starting there would likely lead to better results.

Kaito Gozen

K
Netherworld said:
That's a pretty big assumption to make. I get where you're coming from, but do you have any source material to back it up?
The exact method on how the bubble suppresses the use of Force abilities remains unclear, but I believe it's pretty safe to say that it has to be Force based:

8eb3c394cdd12995ea34194c08abee6c.png

The Force/anti-Force isn't just a mystical energy field, but also the building block of life and reality itself. By this fact, it has to play some part in the creation of the bubble, especially as it's affecting how other FU interact with the Force. Other abilities meant to interrupt or permanently disable one's use of the Force, like Sever Force, is a Force-based technique.

Why do you think the Ysalamir's ability isn't Forced based?

Netherworld

[member="Kaito Gozen"]

Even if we were to assume, for the sake of this argument, that the Ysalamiri bubble ability is Force-based, that still doesn't address the main problem I brought up.

Netherworld said:
The Anti-Force "was the polar opposite of the Force as known by the known universe." [...] If you invert a polar opposite, you get the original; in this case, the Force. And deploying the Force in a Force-nullifying field would just render it nullified like any other Force-related effect.
That you're inverting Anti-Force also begs the question of how, as it obviously can't be done with the Force, and inverting a "building block of life and reality itself" ostensibly requires a lot of energy.

As I've said before, I don't see this working with how it's currently written. I've given you suggestions on how to pursue this goal through different avenues; if you are, however, set on doing it this way, you can always request a Second Chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom