Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Celeres Class Light Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
d6pokUkl.jpg

http://adamkop.deviantart.com/art/Star-Wars-Mandalorian-Superlight-Corvette-488600587
Affiliation
The One Sith
Intent
To create a less vulnerable anti fighter vessel for the One Sith.
Manufacturer
The One Sith/Titan industries
Model
E-1 “Celeres”
Modularity
None
Production
Mass Produced
Material
Standard starship construction materials (nothing noteworthy).
Designation
Light corvette
_________________________________________________________________________________
Length
48m
Width
~28m
Height
~8m
Armament
· 6 Dual repeating laser cannons
· 2 Concussion Missile launch tubes (Can store up to 20 missiles)
Hangar
N/A
Non-combative systems
· Standard communications array
· Standard encryption equipment
· Escape pods
· Standard life support
· Standard navigation systems
· Standard sensory systems
· Standard shield generator
· Advanced Propulsion Systems
· Docking port
· Standard Electronic Countermeasures Package

Manoeuvrability Rating
Speed Rating
Hyperdrive
Class 2
__________________________________________________________________________________

Description
The Celeres class corvette was commissioned personally by Lord Melkaroth Tyrin, who feared that the current Razer class frigates were too slow and thus too vulnerable to larger ships. The Celeres, in Tyrin’s own words, was designed to be “bigger than anything faster and faster than anything bigger”, and is a strange mix of starfighter and corvette, being the smallest designated starship in the One Sith’s Navy at the time of commissioning and designed as a dogfighter. The guns are housed in dual mounts and arrange into batteries of two at the front, so two gunners control a total of four individual turrets (8 individual cannons) at the front, while an individual gunner mans each of the side-mounted turrets. The ship’s twin missile launchers are usually controlled by the co-pilot. While nothing else about the vessel is in any way special, the ship is equipped with advanced ion engines, which allow it to possess starfighter-level speed and manoeuvrability. This makes the vessel mostly immune to turbolaser fire and allows it to hold its own in a dogfight. The Celeres is also equipped with an electronic countermeasures package to help protect against concussion missiles, to which it has a serious weakness.

Summary
+ Capable of evading most turbolaser fire.
+ Much greater firepower and shielding than any starfighter.
-Incapable of punching through the shielding of any frigate or larger vessel.
-4 of the 6 turrets are at the front of the vessel, which creates a blind spot at the stern.

Crew
1 Pilot
1 Copilot (Optional)
4 Gunners
1 Engineer (Usually an astromech droid)
__________________________________________________________________________________
* Meaning that the width and height of the ship are as depicted in the above picture, assuming that the length is 48m.

Melakoth Tyrin said:
Less maneuverable than most of the craft it is designed to destroy and is also a much larger target than a regular starfighter.
While you only need one weakness, this doesn't quite make sense in three ways
  • Wording might be wrong (or I'm misunderstanding it)
  • Your maneuverability is 3, which is still very good, even if it is a starfighter.
  • Also contradicts the first listed strength

Melakoth Tyrin said:
Width Relative to picture * Height Relative to picture
My suggestions for this would be (~ means approximately, so settle on something around the number)
  • Width: ~28 m
  • Height: ~8 m
Those two must be filled out.

My apologies, I assumed that 1 must be about tie interceptor level, 2 a standard starfighter, and three more like a slower bomber-type craft, or a very maneuverable larger craft like the falcon. If this is not the case, could you please give me an approximate maneuverability for something like the Falcon, or perhaps slightly inferior?

Also contradicts the first listed strength

What I meant was that it is less maneuverable than most starfighters--the things it is designed to destroy--but still pretty much immune to turbolaser fire, as the Falcon was. A fast mount turbolaser would be more effective, though still quite inaccurate, but a standard one would not be able to hit it at all if it was taking evasive maneuvers.

[member="Darth Vitium"]

[member="Melakoth Tyrin"]
Incidentally, perhaps amusingly, this is larger than the Millennium falcon, which is 34.37 m long (and 25.61 m wide).

It's where I got the basis of my suggestions for your dimensions that were left to the reader.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Millennium_Falcon

So yes, that would be apt for the falcon, and the difference in size isn't all that big, they're both under 50 m and within 15 m of each other at least, so I'm not going to harp over that. I'm just saying the weakness isn't so much a weakness when it isn't detrimental to the craft itself. Yes, it is a disadvantage to other starfighters of smaller size, but it is not a weakness.

I more or less meant that it wasn't necessary to place there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom