Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CDI MRD-M "Whistling Bird Mine" (Mini Rocket Deployer Mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an effective anti-infantry mine for the Crossroads Republic Armed Force
  • Image Source: A cylinder with an internal full cone with the "Whistling Birds" in the cone like the one seen in "The Mandalorian" which houses the rockets, the rockets are protected by a carbon-fiber cylinder head and a durasteel cone on the bottom.
  • Canon Link: Whistling Birds
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Mine
  • Size: Very Small
  • Weight: Light
  • Explosive Type: Shaped-Charge Plasticene Thermite
  • Delivery Method: Launched
  • Effective Range: Personal
  • Area Of Effect: Pinpoint
  • Stopping Power: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Able to be dropped from high-altitude by an aircraft, it burrows partway into the ground with a heated cone or deployed manually.
  • Has 28 guided miniature munitions which separately home in on their the fleshy parts of targets' faces, necks, and other parts and explode on contact. When they fire off they all attempt to quadruple-team a target, with each of the four munitions targeting, in order: face, neck, and the sides of the knees. This means a maximum of seven targets can be engaged by one mine. It might not kill, but it will definitely maim its victims. IFF tags worn by friendly forces, in the case of CRAF's forces, their neural implants, won't trigger it.
  • Has a seismic and a magnetic sensor set to trigger its firing sequence, can also be fired off remotely.
  • Can stick to and burn through many undersuits, armors, and visors.
  • Simple arming mechanism.
  • Internal timer detonates the explosive munitions so that mines do not persist for local populations after conflict has ended.
  • Remote self-destruct can be activated after the mines are no longer in use.
  • Anti-tampering sensor triggers the mini-rockets if it messed-with.
STRENGTHS
  • Can engage multiple targets at once.
  • Light and easy to deploy.
  • Can be deployed by aircraft.
WEAKNESSES
  • Can be indiscriminate with who it engages.
  • Small and easy to destroy if it is located.
  • Cannot effectively engage armored vehicles.
DESCRIPTION
A cylindrical-shaped device with a sharp digging durasteel cone on the bottom weighted out by a trained armorer and a computer so that when dropped from the air (the preferred method) terminal velocity only just puts the soda can-sized mine into the ground out of casual sight. The tops are painted and textured according to the planned planting areas, again, by the trained armorers who are preparing them for deployment. When triggered by sensitive seismic sensors the top of the mine is ejected by a small compressed-air canister and the rockets deploy and seek their targets, the shaped charge jetting the incendiary into its target like a super-heated dart. Direct hits to unprotected faces and necks will do lethal damage, and hits to the sides of the knees, its secondary target, will most certainly severe the ligaments and damage the joint itself, disabling its target and put them in severe pain. However, this weapon cannot tell enemy from civilian, and will do severe harm to any who stray into range of this weapon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom