Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship CDI "Dart Mk. II" Loitering Munition/Kamikaze Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Loitering Munition Droid
  • Length: 3.5 Meters
  • Width: 8 Meters
  • Height: 1.5 Meter
  • Armament: Very High
    • Large Proton Warhead with splintering durasteel rods for added shrapnel damage.
  • Defenses: None
  • Squadron Count: High: 16
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive: No
  • Hyperdrive Class: N/A
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Laminasteel airframe of the Mk. II is different from the durasteel airframe of the Mk. I.
  • Multi-spectral imaging sensors in the nose.
  • Large proton warhead incased in a durasteel rod casing for additional shrapnel damage upon detonation.
  • Pre-programmed droid brain able to be remotely piloted or given a target profile and sent on the mission autonomously.
  • Powerful thrusters and avionics for evasive terminal dives on its target.
  • One-time-use re-entry shields for plummeting from orbit.
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • New capability to operate from ships thanks to folding wings.
  • EM and fire-finder sensors able to home in on a selection of different weapons fire sources, making it perfect for SEAD operations and counter-battery strikes.
  • Warhead has a proximity fuse to allow it detonate at near-contact or to detonate over its target (like infantry) for an air-burst-like effect on target.
  • Pre-programmed evasive maneuvers for its terminal dive.
  • EM jammers in the nose assist it in strikes against air defense weapons.
STRENGTHS
  • Flies at very high altitude at very high speeds.
  • Very powerful warhead can obliterate most armored vehicles and turrets that fit within its mission profile, the Mk. II does this even better using a proton warhead.
  • Lethally accurate striking capability.
  • Cheap and easy to produce, and doesn't need lots of maintenance.
WEAKNESSES
  • Lacks shields or armor, and with the Mk. II's more powerful and unstable proton warhead it makes it fairly-easy to shoot one out of the sky.
  • It's especially vulnerable against fighter interception due to its lack offensive weapons.
  • Cannot land once it takes off.
  • When on a ship under attack it can be a real hazard due to the fact they are powerful flying bombs.
DESCRIPTION
Built as an improvement on the Crossroads Republic's economic SEAD weapon the "Dart Mk. II" is a droid whose sole function to plummet from high altitude and strike a target like a missile. Unlike a missile this weapon is capable of loitering over a target an extended period, can change targets, perform reconnaissance, and dodge attacks thanks to its avionics and high speed. The Mk. II is far smarter and more powerful than the old Mk. I variant, and now it can operate from ships with great efficiency, usually loaded into launch tubes like missiles. These weapons are designed to be the first thing to enter a target planet's atmosphere, occupying enemy air defenses as first-wave true SEAD craft come in behind them as electronic warfare assets give them both cover. And with the proton warhead it can penetrate armored defense turrets alongside hitting armored vehicles with lethal capability. And with the retained durasteel fragmentation rods make the "Dart Mk. II" just as deadly against personnel and droids as it had been in the Mk. I iteration.

Last edited:
BIG Z1776 BIG Z1776 - Presently this submission is overpowered by a single rating, to bring it back into balance I would suggest lowering the squadron count to average - as it wouldn't interfere with your drone's capabilities. But, what rating you lower is entirely up to you.

BIG Z1776 BIG Z1776 - Not to my knowledge, but I don't use the excel sheet that often.

But, to show my work:
  • Limited -2
  • Very High +2
  • None -3
  • High +1
  • High +1
  • Very High +2
    • Total: -5/+6
So, you'd either have to up the production rating to semi-unique to keep the ratings as is - or drop a rating somewhere to bring it into balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom