Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CCP-17 "Mayhem"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
2599663-image1_1040.jpg

father_lucant_by_necromancer120-d73i7w8.png

Image Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/voxus/ for the first, http://necromancer120.deviantart.com/art/Father-Lucant-429152120 for the second. Both are uploads by those users, but I am uncertain as to the art credit for the first.

Intent: A droid commander that is capable in combat as well as strategic ability.
Development Thread: Will perform one if requested.
Manufacturer: Colicoid Creation Nest, under commission from CIS and Techno Union leadership.
Model: Colicoid Commander Prototype 17. Codenamed “Mayhem” for its speedy, aggressive, and psychologically targeted attacks, as well as its tendency to favor fluid, and somewhat bizarre strategies.
Affiliation: Confederation of Independent Systems.
Modularity: No, but the unit can perform with variable weapons load-outs.
Production: Unique as a specific model, but there were 25 protoypes in total, and four other surviving models.
Material: Primarily a desh armor reinforced with rolled laminasteel weave, designed for a light, but still somewhat durable armor.
Description:

Inspired by tales of the legendary General Grievous, the Colicoid Creation Nest and other droid producers were asked by the Techno Union to design a droid commander with both tactical and advance personal combat capabilities. In a cunning, but rather daring ploy, the Chief Manager of the corporation suggested a trial by fire. Twenty-five teams submitted their proposals for the design, and each got the funding to create a prototype. These prototypes were then each given three squads of droids, sent into a battle field on a nearby moon, and engaged in a war game. The surviving units were a group of four droid commanders led as a group by prototype #17, who convinced those four that surviving as subordinates was better than a war where anyone could get the drop on them.

Designed as a capable combatant and droid commander, unit CCP-17 is capable of engaging his opponents with a wide array of tactical skills. Of note in the design is that 17 is capable of learning, and has already been downloaded with knowledge of political, tactical, and psychological assessment data, allowing him to “read” and analyze his opponent’s actions with enough information and intelligence.

For actual combat capabilities, her size and movement have been emphasized in the design process. Although the legs and sheer size make him a target for vehicular attacks, the speed and reaction times are at a point where he is a more difficult target to hit than you would assume for a robot of his size. His max running speed is 55 Kilometers per hour, and his reach in a melees with his staff is about 2 meters away from his body.

Mayhem is not above trampling his opponents, or shooting them. Mayhem is not heavily armored, and cannot sustain fire for prolonged

Another unique design is the fact that 17 is equipped with two sets of limbs. The longer, outer set end in humanoid hands, and are designed for weapon handling, and general technical interface. The smaller mechanical limbs are designed for repair, whether working on his own components or those of other droids. His ability to patch up and repair other droid troops was a large part of his victory in the Trials.

Her primary weapon, the Victor’s staff, was designed as a trophy. It’s a reach weapon, design for melee combat. He is strong enough to wield it one-handed, and often does, with a blaster in the other.

A fairly obvious handicap of 17’s design is that he cannot use many vehicles, due to his rather unusual physical designs. Mayhem can ride on top of a tank, but not within it. And speeders are just right out. He can fit in most troop transports, albeit taking space for several men and having to stay crouched.

Another flaw in his design is that he is arguably the least stealthy combat droid possible. Between the bright white armor design to scare people and the rather imposing size, it’s tricky for him to keep a low profile on the battle-field. Because of this, his tactics are often aggressive and designed to taunt and demoralize, provoking the enemy into poor judgment.

Classification: First Degree utilizing a heuristic brain for evolving capabilities in combat.
Weight: 650 kg
Height: 4 Meters when “standing” with his legs at an even angle.
Movement: Quadripedal, using insectoid movement
Armaments: Aside from standard CIS infantry weapons, allotted to a general, he is also the wielder of the “Victor’s staff”—a modified shockstaff awarded him for winning the Trial of 25. He does not have attached weaponry.
Misc. Equipment: He usually carries a small kit of basic droid repair tools in his torso beneath his “repair limbs,” and is never found without commlinks to his other forces.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Mr. Ash"]

I love it, love the design, love that's it's primary weapon is a not-lightsaber resistant melee weapon. I have just a few questions before I can pass it on. Firstly, exactly how durable is this droid? Can you give me how long he'd stand up to blaster fire or some sort of estimation? Laminasteel is somewhat stubby in it's listed strength. Secondly I'd like you to tone down that speed a bit, 70 kph is almost 1.5* average maximum human speed, and rather than a human this is almost like a very small walker in terms of size and how it's on four legs(and four arms). I wouldn't expect it to surpass footspeed by more than five, maybe ten percent.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Mr. Ash"]

Excellent submission my friend. Enjoy leading the Collicoid armies.

Pending Approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom