Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CC-5 "Berserker" BRSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
aUussQK.png

Image Source: Hyperion Sniper Rifle/Vladof Barrel :: Borderlands 2 :: Gearbox
Intent: Sniper rifle for the Crystalsong Commonwealth without needing to rely on third-party companies.
Development Thread: n/a
Manufacturer: Arrcrystal Arms (Arcrystal-Mnaya Corporation)
Model: CC-5 BRSR (Beam Repeating Sniper Rifle)
Affiliation:
  • The Crystalsong Commonwealth
  • The Open Market
Modularity: Rail items.
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, Alusteel, Silicon, Glassteel
Classification: Blaster Rifle
Size: Handheld / Stationary
Length: (Via Metric System)
Weight: (Via Metric System)
Ammunition Type/Capacity:
  • Power Cell - 24
  • Gas Canister - 120
Effective Range: 1.2 kilometers
Rate of Fire: Semi-Automatic 2-Round Burst
Special Features:
  • Top Picatinny Rail
  • Removable Bipod
  • Removable 6x/12x Variable-Zoom CIS
Description: The CC-5 Beam Repeating Sniper Rifle is a semi-composite beam blaster rifle that fires two shots in succession per pull. It's standardized power cells give it twenty four shots per unit and contains an internal replaceable gas canister of one hundred and twenty. The repeating burst-fire relies on a twin rotary barrel system which contain individual packet chambers.Once the first long-beam has left the first barrel, the rotor immediately rotates the second barrel and chamber in place, automatically firing off a second long-beam. This allows the rifle to place two shots within a relatively tight radius, allowing more damage to occur in a single firing. As a side effect, recoil is significant and further shots will begin to stray upwards of the target if time is not taken to realign the weapon on sight.

[member="Aless Mnaya"]

Easy bits out of the way; you're missing the length and weight of the weapon.

On to the meat of the weapon. It seems to me there's a bit of a contradiction here within the weapon, perhaps you can help clear that up for me. You describe it as a semi-composite beam weapon, but you discuss flaws in its design such as recoil and a roaming barrel. There's little evidence to support such attributes of a composite beam weapon. As well, I'm not aware of there being any personal composite beam weapons in canon. All examples I can think of are mounted on vehicles or ships.

Can you clarify some regarding your thoughts on making the weapon and how you see it being used in threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom