Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cavemen and their Blasters

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Myrkr
Mando Space
Approaching Nighttime

There was a lot to be said about guard duty. For one, it was boring as poodoo. Secondly, nobody wanted to do it and tried to wiggle their ass out of it. Kinda like what happened today. See.. it wasn’t my turn to play guardy guard in the middle of the forests of Myrkr, nah. I am just a lousy card player, well that ain’t exactly true. I am half decent, but that bastard is a cheat. Now that for certain, couldn’t be otherwise.

I was counting the damn cards, no way in hell he could have had an Ace in the hole. Then again, there was a time to search for conflicts and a time to just sit it out and wait for the next opportunity. Besides, Scarface needed a walk, so truth to be told this was only paying off.

Vornskrs don’t bother me anymore during my trips either way, so maybe it was more fair for me to do it anyway. Think they can smell the scent of Scar on me, some kind of weird Alpha Mutant nonsense. I beat ‘im into submission, so now they respect me or something like that. Either way, I ain’t too picky on the why’s, as long as it’s a fact.

Scar has been a good pet to my eternal surprise. Never so much as a peep, though he still has a damn limp. Mia shot ‘im up pretty good, but he’s like me. Resilient type of guy. Honestly, I ain’t sure what we are doing here either way, as I walked past several sleeping Yslamari I couldn’t help but note that it was -very- peaceful here.

Haven’t seen a single other vornskr for a while, and poachers don’t get this deep in Mando Space. Wouldn’t have been a good fight either, I only had a couple of nades and my trusty blaster with me. Maybe a knife or two, but that’s about it.

Let’s pray to the Space Magic Gods and hope nothing happens tonight.

Oh God.. I just jinxed it, didn’t I.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Warren Valik was exploring a new field in crafting, in the act of altering the building blocks of the universe. To learn as much as he could he needed new tools, new research avenues. For this he decided he needed to capture some of the legendary Ysalamiri, perhaps the Vornskr as well, but the Ysalamiri in particular were essential to his work. Thus he needed to conduct a raid of sorts, as the Mandalorians did not take to sharing one of their most important resources. Stygium would have been an optimal solution to landing and escaping with little hassle, but the only vehicles he had access to with Stygium were Fringe Vessels, and he didn't wish to associate his actions with them should things go south, not to mention the shame in admitting he needed to borrow one of their toys.

Instead he found a fairly neutral ship, spent a day changing the transponder codes to mimic Mandalorian ships, allowing him to travel through Mando Territory freely. Upon landing he was hassled a bit by guards, but simple force persuasion allowed him to bypass this. In anticipation of being in an environment where he couldn't use the Force Valik had gone all out in his equipment, Contempt was his armor, VEWB's were on his forearms, a Gorgon Rifle was at his back, lightsaber at his hip, and a couple mines and datapads lay in his backpack. It should be more than he needed. Hopefully.

Upon heading over to the Myrkr Forests however he found that there was a guardsman. Though night was approaching he wasn't sure he could sneak past the guard, especially wearing such heavy armor. Still, he wandered over to the trees in an attempt to evade sight. Likely unsuccesffully, giving his lack of athleticism and non-existent penchant for stealth, but one could hope couldn't they?

Or perhaps hope would only jinx it. He hoped not.

[member="Serock Hoath"]

Hira Mitsae

There was someone here.

My neck was goosebumped without any measure of proportion, keen instinct which was honed through battle and war alerted me. In response? I did nothing, I continued my path through the forest. Carefully making sure I’d still be in proximity of the intruder, without alerting him to my knowledge of him.

I pretended to drink from my flasket, grunted once or twice and then swore when I ‘accidentally’ broke a twig. All in the pretense of being an ignorant and stupid guard on duty.
Senses were keen though, he was out there and he was close. I wasn’t sure what he was doing here, but I’d have to be careful. I had a whole arsenal worth of protection on me. Spent a fortune on AEL wares.

Most expensive purchase was the Kerrigan Coat, Leviathan Bracers hugged my arms, some neat gunbelt made by ‘em and last but not least my trusty sidearm the Lazy Eye. You probably wonder how a simple guard gets his hands on this kind of nifty million credits worth gear.

Try being two hundred years old, with a job as the Grand Marshal of all the CIS armies. Trust me, the amount of cash that runs through that military? It’s ridiculous, back in the day we had like.. four new ships coming from R&D every other week. Never used ‘em, but trust me. With that amount of cash flowing back and forth? They never even questioned whenever a couple of millions of credits went ‘missing’.

Buy the right guy, and it ain’t a problem.

At any rate, I kept my distance and kept my cool. Pretended to be one of -those- guards, who just grunted to themselves once in a while and drank on the job. Though.. I do drink on the job, but that ain’t the issue at hand.

[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
If Valik was listening to [member="The Boulder"] 's mind he wouldn 't have asked how he obtained the AEL item, as everyone in the galaxy seemed to be rich nowadays, but instead one simple question.

How fething bad did you screw up to go from Grand Marshall of one nation to a third shift guard of another?

The answer to the question was largely irrelevant, nor something Valik really cared about, but the ability to properly focus with anger was a rare trait outside trained Sith. It wasn't like he needed the advantage to take down a common guard, even a well equipped one, but Valik wasn't one to pull punches.

Speaking of well equipped, Valik felt a familiar aura as the creature came near. It was the fearful call of the Lotekk Jacket. Normally it would have given man a little worry, fear even, but Valik had taken part in the jackets creation, both in attacking the Lotekk and making the jacket. The parlor trick would have no such affect on him as a result. But it had given Valik information, that this guard was rich or powerful, and wearing a lightsaber resistant jacket. Perhaps other AEL products as well. That would at least make things interesting.

Keying in on the Jacket, feeling the familiar alchemical presence in the Force he found out where the man was standing. Turning around with all the quickness he could muster in 20kg armor he let out his left hand, grabbing the man telekinetically at his and then ripped his hand towards him, hopefully sending the guardsman onto his back. At the same time his right hand he fired his VEWB, a particle beam shot heading towards where the man's legs were most likely to end up. Ideally the particle beam fire would hit his leg, cause a small explosion as particle beam shots do on contact with something, and vaporize the man's (hopefully) unarmored legs. Chances were he was wearing the coat on his upper body rather than his lower, but he supposed the man could have worn the coat backwards. It was dark after-all, and he couldn't see everything.

Hira Mitsae

[member="Valik"]

It was a very good question, but one who would have to be answered on a later moment. Because.. action scene. The moment Valik rushed out to pull Serock off his feet, the Caveman dashed to the side. Hoping to cut off his line of sight by sticking some trees beside them.

This worked… to a degree, Serock was still knocked off his feet, but not at the location Valik had hoped he would be. So the blast hit the ground somewhere left of ‘im, which caused a minor explosion. A rock furiously sped towards Serock’s unguarded leg, and hit him square.

Any other man would have felt pain, but not an Exonadian. He didn’t know what the damage would be like, but it wouldn’t be good. Anyway, soon as he fell on his side, he grabbed hold of his Lazy Eye and took three shots.

Two were aimed quickly, in the general direction of the man. Hoping to pin ‘im down, third one was aimed carefully at his leg.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="The Boulder"]

Blasterbolts came towards him in a quick flurry. He could have ignited his lightsaber and deflected one, maybe two, but Valik saw little point. Instead he used the blasterbolts to find the man's new location, and using one hand pushed downwards with all the might he could muster. It wasn't enough to compare to say, a trash compactor, but it should have been enough to hold him down in his laid position. Should have.

The three blasterbolts as a result hit him square on. His armor absorbed it like a sponge taking in a trio of raindrops, though the heat that it transferred to his body was rather scorching. Not like he couldn't handle the pain. For now at least, more bolts would obviously be troublesome. As he continued to hold the man down and the blasterbolts hit his alchemical armor he pulled out a Gorgon Web Rifle and began spraying at and around the Mandalorian in a web. His grip over the man would be lightening somewhat, but still a significant force to overcome. Should all go as planned the guardsmen would be stuck in a web that he couldn't blast, cut, or even saber his way out that also electrified him.

Hira Mitsae

Moment the fether decided to lean out and take all the hits I knew poodoo was happening. I was fighting a damn magical Space Hippy, which definitely limited my success rate. Which was unfortunate to say the least, thankfully I had some experience with the Gorgon Web Rifle, hell I have one sitting in the barracks right now.

So there were a couple of things ‘ere. First thing, the recoil on the Gorgon was pretty.. something, on my best day I sometimes have troubles focusing that damn thing.

Another thing, telekinesis needs focus and usually line of sight. I did two things, one was shoot off a branch of a tree. Mimicking it like a stray shot, I hoped it would hit ‘im on the head. Immediately after that, I lined up a shot at his head.

Now he had the choice, take the hit and fall down dead or move out of the way. Lose his focus, and allow me to roll roll roll roll away.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
As the shot headed above Valik's head he heard the shot hit a tree above him. Taking a moment to look upwards with his eyes he saw the branch was falling diagonally, left-forward and right-back. Thus he stepped right forward, still keeping his aim at the man and holding his fire. One of the smaller limbs of the branch hit the back of his head, scrapping him rather violently and causing a cut. Nothing extremely radical, but the back of his head was bleeding nonetheless, and he had avoided the bulk of the branch. Hopefully the sidestep while continuing fire would have wrapped the guy in stokhli fluid before he got the shot off, or at the very least delayed the shot he was aiming.

One could hope.

Hira Mitsae

His hope was found worthy, because I misjudged the speed of which the net was approaching. Probably because I spent more time shooting it at targets, in contrast to being on the receiving end. So the second shot which was described never actually happened.

As Valik looked up and lost focus, I felt the restrictionary force fall away from me. I rolled rolled rolled out of ‘ere, which admittedly didn’t work out as well as I had planned. Part of my foot got hit by the net anyway, pain didn’t set it but that didn’t stop part of it from becoming unresponsive. I was just happy the net didn’t hit me higher up, that would have been something.

Anyway, I did two things. First was shoot the tree he was standing next to, hoping splinters would fly off into his eyes or something. Followed by another shot, to the slightly less protected area of his knee.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Seemingly disguised amongst the trees Valik watched as the guardsman missed, hitting a tree to his right, scorching it with plasma energy. If it was a slugthrower he supposed it might have put off some violent splinters, or his pistol hit like a truck it might have gone through the tree enough to make it fall on him ala the branch a moment ago, but it was neither of these things so instead there was a burn on the tree, but nothing more. The next shot was aimed a bit lower, so Valik lowered his body in turn, hoping to redirect whatever the guardsman was targeting to a more protected area. The blaster bold hit is right thigh, just above his knee, prompting a burning sensation that began to melt his clothes underneath. A painful surge, but better than taking a hit at his more exposed knee.

While the two shots were made and afterwards Valik continued firing his Gorgon in a sweeping motion at the man's legs, hoping to further hinder his mobility by putting Stokhli Fluid on his other leg and hopefully binding him to the ground. He'd only used about 10 meters of fluid thusfar, so he had plenty more to go before needing a reload. As long as he managed to get the man's legs he'd be good.

[member="The Boulder"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom