Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Cathar Subspecies (Denik-Cathar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Denik-Cathar
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Cathar
  • Average Lifespan: 1-90+
  • Estimated Population: Inter-planetary
  • Description: Anthro-Tiger Folk.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I
  • Average Height of Adults: 1.8 Meters for Males, 1.6 Meters for Females
  • Skin color: Black
  • Hair color: Red and Brown, with tan or reddish fur
  • Distinctions: Catlike-faces, as well as a distinct stripe pattern in their fur. Prehensile tails that follow the stripe pattern.
  • Force Sensitivity: Standard
Strengths:
  • An above average standard muscle mass, leaving them heavier than a human, but also outclassing them in strength.
  • Prehensile tails that act as a third limb.
  • A cultural push to master one's emotions, making them great force wielders.
  • Cat-like eyes, allowing them to see in low light conditions.
  • A supreme sense of balance, and the ability to climb.
Weaknesses:
  • An instinctive aggressiveness that if left unchecked, can lead to force-sensitive Denik to be uncontrollable.
  • Sensitive ears that can be be overwhelmed with loud noise.
  • A culturally instilled sense of self-reliance.
  • A general lack of any form of cultural prudishness, causing general awkwardness to some other races.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivore, though a preference for meat. Poisonous mushrooms from the Cathar jungle are deadly to them.
  • Communication: Cathar, though Basic is well known to them.
  • Technology level: Galactic Standard, though their people seem to keep the traditions alive, keeping the majority of their homelands tech-lite.
  • Religion/Beliefs: Belief in the Great Sylvar, a jedi of old that watches over the remaining native people of Cathar.
  • General behavior:
    A sub-species of the main Cathar line, Denik stay within the deep forests of Cathar, following many old Cathar traditions, but adding their own as well.

When a Denik comes of age, they are given a ceremonial tattoo around their thighs, marking them as available for a mate, and they keep those until they find one, at which point they are to get a new set, one with their family pattern across their chest, but as well as a set across their legs that mark them as married. Many Denik also get additional tattoos for accomplishments in life. Those gifted in the force often tattoo the symbol of their order across their backs. When a wedding is held, Denik paint their faces with plant-based paint to mark up their bodies with ritualistic markings, dancing under the moon to tribal music from the days of old Cathar. Couples, rather than exchanging rings, add bits of their mate's hair color to their own manes, marking them as part of their family. While the general Cathar belief in mating for life follows, the years away from their main species has allowed the Denik to adapt a more open policy towards romance.

Sexuality is much more of an open thing to Denik, a trait that comes from years living in tribal society, modest clothing being customary to cover one up from the warmth of the Cathar sun. Denik see the jungle as their home, being naturally suited for traversal of the forests of Cathar, as well as other forested areas on other planets. Believing the forest as the natural home of the Force, the Denik see The Force as an omnipresent being, believing that Light and Dark as parts of a whole.

The Denik believe, rather than the Light and the Dark, that the Force is spilt into a different dichotomy. The Hunter and the Predator. The Hunter is the Cathar's biological need to hunt, and the cultural desire to hone that into a valuable skill. The Jedi are the greatest hunters, and thus are seen in high regard. In opposition, the Predator is seen as falling to your base instincts. Killing for Killing's sake, and falling to the unnatural need for mindless violence. To lose control of one's emotions, to surrender to one's base urges, that makes you nothing more than an animal on the food chain, much like the Kiltik that haunt the people of Cathar.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION:
Following the Mandalorian scorching of Cathar, the Denik, rather than flee the planet, hide away in the dense forests, and stayed on the planet, living in secret to the Mandalorian occupation until the Old Republic pushed back the Mandalorian horde. After, the Denik still lived in secret to the people of Cathar, keeping the old traditions alive.

By the time of the Galactic Republic's fall, the Denik had reached out to their cathar sisters, having integrated with Cathar society, and had helped with the rebuilding of Cathar society, using their knowledge to keep old traditions alive.

Last edited:
Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Solid submission and a welcome addition to an existing yet often overlooked species! All I need are two little things from you and this submission will be good to go!

In Origins we do require a link if one is available, I went ahead and grabbed this one for you to save you the trouble, so a quick fix for that is needed. Other than that in Breathes we need an Atmosphere type to be listed. I don't think Cathar has a specific one listed, that I could find anyway, but it seems to be the common Type I atmosphere so just swapping Oxygen for Type I will be good.

That's all I need and you'll be good to go!

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Excellent! Also, for the record, you can insert links into words so that they're not just hanging around. Not a requirement of course but it does make things look a bit neater, just click on the chain-link button up at the top of the textbox next time you need to link something!

APPROVED

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
Srina Talon Srina Talon Ready for Judge!

Updated: Sub title due to typo on my part.
Several strengths and weaknesses to flesh out the sub.
Fleshed out the General Behavior section.
Added a div to make it pwettier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom