Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catching Up

The Reaper of Won Shasot
space_bar_by_kurobot-d5y76s5.jpg

Dax sat within the relatively new bar of one of the Coalitions many space stations. It had been a long time since he'd visited a cantina such as this. 'Like this' not refering to the fact it actually held a power armor workshop in the back, but rather the fact that it was a cantina at all. Close to a year had passed since his voyage to discover the dark planet of Won Shasot. Slowly, and with time, he'd returned to the greater galaxy.

He now sat, nursing a Corellian Brandy...the good stuff. Things had changed, and Dax didn't like it. It was almost as if the galaxy had gotten worse...rough...friends had disappeared, others died, such is life. But perhaps another would reappear today. Only the Force knew.

[member="John Shepherd"]

Walking into the bar slowly looking around scanning the crowd looking for anything weird. Why do I always do this? The thought would ring through his mind as he was in a ORC station, not some foreign cantina. His dual blasters in his chest holster as he walks fully into the room and spots someone from the back and with a sly smile made his way over to him.

Slowly slipping into the spot next to Dax he would order Correllian Brandy as well before finally looking over with a sly smile as he caught the drink in his hand and chugs it down before finally turning to him.

"Well, well, well look who it is, if it isn't Jedi Knight Dax, wow you look... well worse for wear but that can be said about everyone in this galaxy these days...."

His voice trailed off at the end of the sentence looking past Dax before zoning back in and giving the man a sly smile as he sat there leaning on the bar.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax's lips curled back into a crooked smile as he took another sip of his brandy, "Well, look what the Akk dog dragged in." The Rogue turned to face his old friend, "Commander John Fething Shepherd! How you doing man?!" Dax clapped a hand on the older man's shoulder, "And I've never been a Jedi, you know that. But, I'm a master now. Not that it really matters much. How ya been? You dropped off the grid for a while."

The last time Dax could recall interacting with the war veteran had been on Shiva IV. A hellish day that had been, but it'd paid off in the end. Now that the Master thought about it, that campaign, and the botched spy mission on another nearby planet whose name escaped Dax, had truly been the birth of the Coalition. Odd to think he'd been a part of that.

[member="John Shepherd"]

Dowing his drink he looked at the man and chuckled. "Jedi Smedi, same thing, well you know you were not the Master but you weren't a trainee whatever you want to call it." He would try to find the words but really didn't know what they were called. All he really knew was Jedi, Sith and the people in between. How can they get in between? His mind slowly straying away before he pulled it back into reins.

"Well I've been here, there, everywhere, kind of got lost in trying to find myself, you know all that shmuck but it just wasn't the same as killing a guy with a blaster... ya know? Being all freelancer and smoking, soo much better then that organic stuff they give you to find your core... but that's not the point how have you been Ol' Wise Master of the force?"

He would grin as he chuckled at the man and ordered another drink and sipped on it instead of downing it this time. His eyes still flashing throughout the room as if something would happen which is unlikely that it would.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax chuckled a little as the Commander sarcastically described his ventures, "Oh god, don't tell me you went vegan too? Or tried to do a detox. I'd never speak to you again." The man finished off his brandy and gestured, ordering another as he continued to speak.

"Whelp, lets see. I got stabbed. Broke into a First Order Ball. Learned how to throw fire at people. Went into exile for a time. Nearly got mauled by telepathic dogs. Got a telepathic dog. And most recently, conquered a planet. So you know. The usual." the gave a sardonic smile as he raised his new glass to his lips. "Hows the family?" It was at this point that Dax realized, he had no idea if [member="John Shepherd"] even had a family...well he'd surely find out now.

He nodded and smiled as the man talked shaking his head at the very interesting adventures he had when he had been gone... that they probably all had since he had been gone... he shook the thought from his mind as he listened to what Dax had been up to and then suddenly the question came out and his mind went blank, he tried to remember the last time he had thought about family.... or the last time he had one.

"I.... uh.... I... don't really have a family.... they died when I was young and I have been on my own since then, haven't been with a girl since before the beard. So a long time now.... just really been working and trying to get enough money to do what I want eventually not really been thinking about family or anything like that... But let's not focus on me how's your family doing?"

He would flip the question so he could focus on something else not wanting to talk about what had happen or his family or anything related. All he wanted to do right now is to forget... so he tried to by finishing another drink and getting a new one in his hand.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax instantly felt remorse at asking the question. And just as much as when he was asked the same question. "Eh, dunno to be honest. Was brought to the temple when I was young. Never really knew my real parents." the young man shrugged as he stared into the murky depths of his brandy, caramel waves rippling across its surface as he brought it up for another sip. "I've-uh...I haven't really had time for a relationship recently. You'd laugh actually, my last one was a Sith Knight. Crazy ride that'd been." The man lookup up from his glass at those around them. He couldn't help but get the fact that they'd all had similar stories, losing loved ones and the like. You'd hardly find a cantina without at least one or two of the like.

[member="John Shepherd"]

He laughed a belly laugh, or what was equivalent for a man of his stature and patted Dax on the back. He shook his head trying not to laugh to hard as he continued to laugh as he tried to hold it but couldn't. He was trying not to start crying from how hard he was laughing but it was a uphill battle. He shook his head more trying to shake out his laughs but just after a minute or so he finally calmed down enough to talk to the man again.

"A Sith Knight? How did you get yourself into that mess? OH, did she flash you at a bar, or was she pretending to be a lovely girl at some big event you were attending. Nope don't tell me, you dated her for a long time and then she broke up with you by putting a crimson sword to your neck and threatening you?"

He held back laughter as he looked at Dax, his grin so wide it made his cheeks hurt but he couldn't help himself, he couldn't imagine the situation that made that relationship happen and he really wanted to know but he also wanted to mess with the man so he did in a very crude matter but in teasing tone so the other man wouldn't get to angry for making up some pretty weird plots on his ex.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
John's laughter was infectious, and soon enough Dax was laughing heartily as well, earning the pair the looks that people usually reserved for mad men. "Uh, neither actually." the man said in between fits of laughter. "I was hunting Sith and I picked a fight with her. She tried to carve her initials into my back." Yeah, that had been an interesting relationship. Although to be honest, Dax wouldn't have been surprised if [member="Azlyn Ike"] had flashed him in a bar...would've been just like her. "Instead she ended up giving me a nasty scar along my arm." As the Rogue spoke, he took off his black leather jacket rolled up the sleeve of his shirt up to his shoulder, revealing the scar that stretched from the inside of his elbow and up across his bicep. In truth, it could've looked a lot worse.

[member="John Shepherd"]

He smiled softly at the man next to him and shook his head. Love was one thing he hadn't had for a long time but at least his dear friend had someone to love and care for at least a while. He patted the man on the back after he inspected the mans scar looking at it and chuckling to himself a little glancing back up at Dax.

"This you call a scar? Is but a mere scratch my boy, I have seen women with larger birthmarks then that, pfft I scoff at you and your family for calling that a scar."

He would spit on the floor looking at Dax in a serious way for a few moment as if the intensity was raising. But before long he was laughing again and patting the other man's back.

"Na, don't worry that really is a number for just clawing you, but you'll always have a good story and that's all that matters right?"

He would say smiling and then grabbing his bear and sipping it thinking a little about love.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom