Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Catching up on Kattada (Coren Starchaser)

Caedyn Arenais

C
The Kattada Jedi Temple
Silver Jedi Concord Space
Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

m5gZdO7.png

The Blueshift-Class Assault Starfighter broke through the clouds high above the Jedi Temple of Kattada, descending down upon the landing pad that had been cleared and designated for the Jedi Knight to temporarily reside upon. For Caedyn this would mark his first visit to the Temple, and the reason for which he had left Commenor was at the behest of one Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser whom had summoned him. What the Jedi Master wished to discuss with him, that couldn't be done across holo-communications, he didn't know however he wasn't one to question it when there seemed to be obvious importance behind the request for his visit.

From the rumors and word in passing about the Jedi Academy of Chasin City, Caedyn had thusfar gathered that Kattada seemed to be the Jedi Master's new area or local of focus, and if rumors were a reliable source to go on (rare as it was), then there was something explorative about the nature of Coren's newest project of sorts. Of course, naturally Caedyn dismissed the notion of his spare time hobbies being the cause for his arrival, where his Padawan and Coren's daughter was far more likely to be at the heart of the endeavor.

None the less, Caedyn had arrived and made rather good timing on such short notice thanks to the capabilities of his Starfighter and few priorities outside of training his Padawan herself. Lately, the young Perl had been his sole focus and while she easily took up a lot of his time and energy, Caedyn wondered if he shouldn't perhaps be delegating his time in better service to the Galaxy as well as his students needs.

The Jedi Master was always glad to see some of the older families. Not that he had anything against the Jedi without a storied history, quite the contrary, they were the breath of air that the Jedi Order, all of ti, the Orders of the galaxy, needed. But there were certain pieces of knowledge that was passed down between the generations. It wasn’t hidden for any reason aside from the Jedi were the ones who were hunted often. The Sith, they had their own languages that they spoke, and it kept their knowledge secret. The Jedi, they relied on the Force being there to help those who should, to discover the secrets of the Jedi. But was this really the best way?

Coren didn’t think so.

But that was only part of the reason why he broguth Caedyn here. He was doing his best to try to find the best way to impart his own teachings on the Knight without erasing, or causing issues with what his father taught. Showing the Temple, was an excuse to bring the Knight here, the Knight who was teaching a Starchaser. What was that like?

Greeting the Jedi Knight at the Temple’s landing area, he was making small talk, showing the Temple’s classrooms and capabilities before bringing the Knight to the upper floors, those that must be accessed from a kyber controlled lift, similar to how a holocron worked.

“What I really wanted to bring you here for, was to talk about a little pet project Celeste and I were working on… but the galaxy is a big place.” They entered a room that had a good view over the sea, and a number of holocrons and even flimsy texts.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
“What I really wanted to bring you here for, was to talk about a little pet project Celeste and I were working on… but the galaxy is a big place”.
Caedyn nodded in agreement, living proof of the fact as so many other Silver Jedi were; "There's always something that needs doing..." He responded, though sounding a little distant as his mind wandered momentarily back to the Outer Planets Alliance and what difference he might have made had he not agreed to return to Kashyyyk.

While he held no regrets in his decision to meet with Elise and discuss Kyra's future, the girl who was still under observation for doubt in her remaining time and ability to fit in with the Silver Jedi Order; None of that stopped him from going over the 'What If's'. What if he had pushed the Jedi Coalition further. What if he had stayed with the Enclave of Svivren as their Steward and What if there could have been a strong presense of Jedi within the Outer Rim Territories today because of what might have been.

On the other hand, Caedyn had Kyra in his life now and she had become someone who resembled the strongest meaning and resemblance of family in his every day life today. What if he hadn't agreed and by consequence she hadn't been given the opportunity to become the prospective Jedi she was growing into today...-That was one possibility that Caedyn didn't have to regret.

"To be honest, most of my time is spent training with Kyra" he admitted as he walked alongside his Padawan's Father, "I met someone recently who pointed out just how little spare time I seem to have in life when serving the Order and the Galaxy. As fond as I am of Kyra, it left me questioning what purpose or goal I would have today, if not for her".

"There's always something that needs doing, but of all of it, I'm not sure what I want or need to be doing in the bigger picture of things, you know?" he turned to Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser and wondered if the man followed the line of thought.

"So what's this project of yours?".

The Jedi Master could only nod to Caedyn. That there was. Someone to help, a group to mediate for, but for Coren, it was more the stars. He always wanted to be out there, and with the war against the Sith Emprie having cooled since his return, he had a chance to do more of that, more of the sight seeing and exploration of the greater galaxy. His family was known for a few things and their ever expanding wanderlust was one of those things. Perhaps why he decided to settle and build his own temple here on Kattada. The lava flows of Sullust were in stark contrast to this world, so alive and vibrant.

This Temple was serving as a beacon to those in the galaxy that this was a place to gather and settle. He wanted to make it welcome to all those wanderers, and to fill them with as much Jedi dogma as he could. If he failed at the Jedi dogma, maybe at least some of the Warden dogma will stick. To watch over those that can’t watch themselves while out in the wilds. He could only hope. But the reason for bringing Caedyn here, on top of showing the Temple, was for a very specific reason.

“A person always finds a reason to keep going. Today its Kyra. When she becomes a Knight, who knows, it may be to instruct another, or spend some time as a Knight Errant, working on helping those in need while you prove to the Jedi leadership you are worthy of the title of Master. Or you pull a Kaia, and jump on a break-bulk freighter and learn the Outer Rim.” He mused as he waved his hand.

“The bigger picture is important, but so is the living Force, the here and now. As for my project? It’s a bit of everything.” Another second as he looked at the Arenais Heir. “Building off of what your father and I started, actually.”

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Building off of what your father and I started, actually.
Initially Caedyn had meant to raise the subject of the Unifying Force at the mention of the Living Force, both were theories of the Jedi taught throughout the Order and in this, the Silver Jedi also shared it's doctrine however Caedyn wasn't one to keep to any particular single focus, rather he shared a vested interest in both as well as what he had been taught as a Je'daii.

However, it was the mention of his Father that took his thoughts and instead replaced them with the question of what Veiere had to do with all of this.

"What did the two of you start to build, exactly?" Caedyn asked, sounding a little more defensive than he meant to, however his Father's loss was still a wound that seemed to open every time he had come into contact with Darth Prazutis Darth Prazutis , and he had done so all too recently.

"Apologies, Master...-Veiere and I weren't exactly on good terms when he died..." Caedyn explained, apologizing for his tone; "I was still young when my Father was changed by the influence of the Dark Side, and then Commenor felt the impact and consequences to follow. I found it difficult to forgive him for that".

Caedyn understood that his father had a long lived past with the Order, raised within it since the age of five years old and arguably the single strongest dedication that Veiere had ever held close in his life outside of their family; Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser had helped to bring Veiere back during a time of great weakness and self doubt, yet the extent and the details were not known to Caedyn. Instead he only had assumptions of the two's past history and experiences together.

"I do hope to live up to my family name, and the reputation Dad left behind".

Coren was trying to break away from one focus on either Living or Unifying. He was trying to follow the Skywalker Doctrine, and that did have a focus on both. From Luke looking at the Living and the Unifying, to his student Rey, and the other Jedi that Luke had taught. Coren was hopeful to blend everything. All the while building what he could from the scattered groups of Jedi to form a more cohesive Jedi mission.

As he was about to answer Caedyn, he heard the Knight continue on about his father. “I understand that… I’ve been similar in my past. But one thing your father taught me, one thing history has taught us, no one stays gone. There is always hope.” The Jedi mantra really. Looking at the Knight, he nodded.

“We were working to unite the Jedi Orders, to provide if not one Order, one solid message. But… to need that, we need teachings that everyone can agree on. We need to find the past, and to secure it, to protect he message and be ready to step in should the Jedi fall from the path.” He said a lot in a short time there. But he knew that Caedyn was able to get it.

“Its something your father and I put time and effort into, restoring the Jedi Order, and while there are many orders, we can do that through our teachings.”

Nodding at Caedyn, he waited to see if the younger understood.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn listened, and nodded when Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser mentioned the 'many Order's of Jedi' in the Galaxy.

Of course it was evident that the title of Jedi carried differences in pursuits and purpose across the many different institutes of Jedi teachings, their Galaxy vast and catering to an infinite number of planets consisting of even more persons with unique perspectives of their own.

The Jedi Order of today was not exempt in this, as there was the Order of the Silver Jedi which was following the Jedi Path, yet through various different lenses, from those within the Galactic Alliance of today.

The knowledge and teachings of Jedi who had come before them were pivotal to the continued path of future prospective Knights, a sense of Legacy that was shared across all whom held true to the Jedi Path. Caedyn held one example of the past teachings in the form of his Father's Holocron, while the Archives of the Silver Rest and the Silver Academy on Commenor were another vast source of learning.

However, there were always the possibility of hidden or lost artifacts that could provide more in-depth, or expertise knowledge that had been removed of their possession over the years in thanks to the constant state of war and conflict between the Light and the Dark Practitioners of the Force, more commonly known as the Jedi and the Sith.

"You're wanting to seek out knowledge lost to the Order over the years?" Caedyn asked, curious as to how the Jedi Master might know where exactly to start looking, if Caedyn was even on the right track in his guess.

The Jedi Master tried to be as much of a student of the galaxy as he could. In the vein of perhaps one of his most true teachers, Omai Rhen, Coren was a Jedi, but a member of the Light Side first. Perhaps why he always worked well with Zeison Sha and the Jal Shey in the Outer Rim, or when the New Jedi Order was under Rhen’s guidance. When one regarded Coren, he did emanate Jedi, but he also strove to be so much more than that.

“The Order is wide and far reaching, but at some point, we were one Jedi Order, before the times of Skywalker, in the times of Kenobi. But the message has survived since then, even if it is fractured, and changed.” There was no way to say which Jedi Order was more accurately the true Jedi. The Empire of the past had destroyed many of the records. But it did not remove everything. And the message continued to grow.

Light continued to burn.

“The idea is to protect the knowledge, to be keepers of the flame, and show future Jedi where we came from, so that they can assist in find where we are going.” He took a second and produced a Jedi Compass. He had an inkling it may have come from Skywalker, or had been touched by him once upon a bye. “This is only part of what I’ve carried for years. Some teachings that we’ve found are here, others are secured elsewhere in the Network, being prepared for the library.”

Coren had an idea to set up a library on the island that he could launch should the worst ever happen. “To find it and safeguard it, yes.”

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn listened and understood why the past was so important to Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser . Not important in the sense of duty alone but the personal sentiment and honoring those who had come before them. For the younger Jedi, it made him think of the earlier years where he had left his home with his Master-to-be, Asha Hex to study under the Order of the Je'daii. An Order which held a great deal of history and past significance relating to the future Jedi Order itself.

"It's difficult to hold onto the past without the teachings, the knowledge to guide us" Caedyn replied, though he more-so seemed to be speaking his thoughts aloud. His Master had meant a great deal to him, she had left to seek out her own path and the Je'daii themselves had just up and disappeared, leaving both him and Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor without a home and their people.

Caedyn couldn't bring back the Je'daii, but he could offer something in the way of keeping the Jedi Path alive for future generations; Perhaps then he might keep other students from losing their family the same way he felt he had lost his own.

"So what do you need from me?" Caedyn asked, the question being a rather straight forward one. 'Where to from here'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom