Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Catching Stars

"Okay. Uh... a suit of armor, you say?" Ishani considered it for a moment. "Do you want an outer layer of isinglass? And what other materials are you using in the armor? Depending on how thick the layer is, which it can't be that thick if you're going to wear it, I could probably do it for... eh, five hundred credits. How does that sound?"

Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
Current outfit

A large smile spread across Hilal's small face, it would be nice to have some more layers of protection. The young woman wasn't very experienced when it came to smelting glass but she can learn. "Here you go," Hilal reached for her schematics from her bag and handed Ishani it. "It has all of the materials I'm planning on using for the armor."

She placed her hands on her hips. "I was thinking of experimenting with this glass as well?" Hilal asked. "The glass captured my curiousity and I want to do some tinkering of my own to see if there's other uses. Mind if you give me some raw glass?"

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Ishani took a look at the schematics and whistled. “Oh.” She’d been expecting something a little… smaller? It wasn’t unmanageable, but it would be more work than she expected.

It sounded like Hilal was interested in experimenting with the glass herself. “I could produce some raw glass for your studies, yes,” Ishani replied. “But if you try to manipulate it, like shaping it and such, you’ll find it won’t work with traditional glass-making techniques. You have to have the Force to be able to get it to do what you want it to do. That's just the nature of alchemized materials.

Current outfit

"WAIT!"

An idea formed in Hilal's head as she began to giggle maniacally. "Maybe! JUST maybe! We can use the glass to make a shield out of it!" The young woman looked around the ship a huge smile plastered over her face. "Do you have like a forge in your ship some where? I can use some Beskar and integrate it with the glass!"

Hilal was fascinated with shields when she was a girl. They represented protection and she would always take plates and pretend it was a shield of sorts. This was the perfect opportunity to craft one now. "Do you have a forge or something in the ship?" Hilal asked taking out her notepad. "I can just start designing the shield right now!"

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

With a shriek, Hilal changed her plans from a layer of armor to a shield. Keeping her cool, Ishani calmly replied, “I don’t have a forge, but I don’t need one. Look…

She left the engine room and headed into another area of the ship, which served as a workshop. There she quickly gathered up the materials—mostly sand, along with ash and limestone. She set everything together on the worktable, then turned to Hilal. “What color do you want it to be?” she asked. After all, half the fun of isinglass was staining it.

Current outfit

Ah a workshop! Even better, though Hilal loved the warm, toasty environment of the forge back on Kestri she would be willing to on any workshop regardless of the condition. Not that Ishani's workshop was bad it's just that she'd seen better. While Ishani gathered the materials, Hilal quickly got to work scribbling some calculations and threw together a basic drawing. "Let's see," Hilal began to run the dimensions of the shield in her head and was calculating the radius and the diameter of the shield as well as the weight of it. She had a habit of simultaneously running multiple formulas while she was building things. To Hilal, it was her way of relaxing and it was fun as well.

"How about purple?" Hilal asked. "We can experiment to see if the glass can integrate with Beskar. If it can then it could be a light shield that can pack a punch!"

The young woman smiled. "I've been testing a magnetic field bracelet," she said. "And the shield could be a good test for it, I can throw that shield like a frisbee and do serious damage to the enemy. It can also keep my suit intact while it tanks hits!"

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Purple I can do.” Ishani immediately set about adding purple pigment to the growing pile of supplies.

Glancing at Hilal’s design, she determined that it would require only a ring of isinglass around the edge of the round shield. Ishani had some experience from working in the forge at the Sith Academy on Korriban, where Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn had helped her make her Force-imbued blade, among other things. Creating isinglass was less labor-intensive than that had been, and the design itself didn’t even call for that much isinglass to begin with. “Do you want the glass around the edge to be sharp enough to cut through things, or blunted?

Regardless of Hilal’s answer, she started to mix together the sand, ash, and lime on the work table. This part of the process was exceedingly simple—a child could do it. Once everything was properly sifted into a fine dust, Ishani held her hands, palms facing downwards, over the mixture. The dust began to rise, forming a floating circle like the rings of space debris that are found around certain planets.

Closing her eyes, she poured energy into it, superheating the dust until it changed and melted together. The molten glass looked like sun-kissed honey, held together in a ring by her skilled manipulation of the Force. She carefully added the powdered pigment and fired it again, staining the glass purple. When she was satisfied, she set it aside to cool.

The whole process was tiring. Ishani sank into a nearby chair to rest, feeling drained. But at least the work was done. "Now you just have to wait for it to cool and harden, then you can take it to your own workshop and install it in the rest of the shield."

Current outfit

Hilal felt a little uncomfortable watching Ishani use the Force to make the glass. At least she wasn't a stinking Jedi that's for sure but still..... There was something artistic seeing Ishani molt the glass and transform it using the Force. The young woman remained silent almost in awe watching the process unfold a new kind of forging though only the "chosen ones" could do this. You know what? Maybe it wasn't so artistic after all but Ishani was skilled at what she did that much Hilal was willing to concede.

"It looks....." Hilal looked at the shield. "Beautiful!" She yelled jumping up and down as if she was on a sugar high. "Buuuttttt, I would like to integrate the rest of the Beskar while the plating cools."

She looked at the workshop. "Don't worry," Hilal said. "I won't make a mess or anything like that! It's just that seeing you forge is..... kinda inspiraring! I feel the itch to create something myself!"

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Current outfit

Hilal gave a curt nod tying her hair into a ponytail and began wore her black goggles. "This won't take long......" She whispered frowning before placing the Beskar on a slab and placing them in a furnace letting it heat up until its melting point. Hilal then placed it on a transformer which she used the interface to shape the melted Beskar into anything she wanted. She drew a circular shield in comparison to the purple insiglass that Inshani made and decorated it. Afterwards she slowly slid the newly formed Beskar onto the Insiglass. "Perfect," Hilal muttered. "It's sooo beautiful, now we wait until attaches itself onto the Insinglass."

Hilal giggled loudly. "Ohhhh this is so exciting!" She squealed. "You workplace is so awesome! Isn't this shield a beauty?!"

s-l300.jpg

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom