Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Cataclysmic Harbinger

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
e88535a5-623c-427d-a49f-39254b51ad36.jpeg

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
50m [Base: 0 | Very Low: 0 | Low: 0 | Average: 0 | High: 0 | Very High: 0 | Extreme: 0 ]
100m [Base: 0 | Very Low: 0 | Low: 0 | Average: 0 | High: 0 | Very High: 1 | Extreme: 2 ]
200m [Base: 0 | Very Low: 0 | Low: 0 | Average: 1 | High: 2 | Very High: 3 | Extreme: 4 ]
STANDARD FEATURES
  • All Standard Features
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Extreme Weaponry: The Cataclysmic Harbinger's weapons are of a high powered nature and meant to be a highly aggressive attack combat based ship for starship to starship battles.
  • Highly Strong Defences: The Multiple Ion shields, which can be activated one at a time to have effectively 3 full powered shields for an opponent to break through before being able to damage the hull of the ship.
  • Mass Prison: The Corvette's lower levels are highly secured with multiple countermeasures for the many Force Sensitives captured by the Dark Inquisitor to either drain their life force, or perhaps find one to be taken as an apprentice.
WEAKNESSES
  • Low Hanger defences: The hanger for the starship is not as defended as many other ships of similar size would guard their fighter ships. The few weapons along its underside allow for an easy targetable spot along its hull.
  • Shield dependant: The ship's hulls, whilst strong, are simple Durasteel, so enough damage can dent or even break through. The multiple shields the corvette will use in combat can be recharged, but only after an extensive amount of time. The flare system can counter missile based weaponry from the enemy. The addition of 2 low durability Ray and Particle shields allow the ship to counter specific weaponry rather than having its core shielding take the brunt of it.
  • Defenceless Hanger: The Hanger of the Cataclysmic Harbinger has no defences aside from a basic shield to keep oxygen and pressurized air inside the ship. Projectiles and ships are able to pass through without issue.
DESCRIPTION
Soaring through space, the blackened hull of the Cataclysmic Harbinger reflects the darkness of deep space across its hull. The burning lost planet to its side as its commander, the Dark Inquisitor, directs them from planet to planet. The many armaments along its hull fend off any would be attackers, and its stealth drive and jammers block all forms of contact and detection. Lastly, the Pulse Mass generator carrying five large pulse mass mines leave all use of Hyperspace travel redundant around this imposing Corvette. The crew, loyalists to the Sith, keep the dark force of power active, whilst their Lord, She Who Has No Name, The Dark Inquisitor, tends to matters of the dark side within her chamber. One of darkened stone and metal to absorb almost all forms of light from entering the room. The Cells of the ship are almost constantly full of Force Sensitive Civilians, waiting for their fates. Be it a slave like worker, or a Life Force snack for the anomalous, shadowed captor.

The Cataclysmic Harbinger is a transport ship, that all should fear if it appears in their planet's sky. For their days living in the Light, are soon to be Extinguished.

Last edited:
The Dark Inquisitor The Dark Inquisitor

Good Morning, I'll be reviewing your submission today, there are a few things I want to go through with you before i push this submission toward approval.

1) Affiliation

Please include a link to The Sith Empire as well as your character. A 150m ship can be used as a personal vehicle, and so can solely be affiliated with your character.​

2) Armament

12 turbolasers on a ship this small plus a Shield Leech Cannon and a pulse mass generator tube are considerably more than a very high armament for this size of ship. I would suggest pushing this rating to extreme.​

3) Defences

Can you please define what you mean by the ship has 3 fully powered ion shields? Why does it need so many?​

4) Hangar Space

Per the table you've included in the submission, a 150m ship can't have 12 squadrons of fighters in it. As it's a 150m ship, we round down to the 100m ratings which, according to the template are as follows:​

Code:
100m [Base: 0 | Very Low: 0 | Low: 0 | Average: 0 | High: 0 | Very High: 1 | Extreme: 2 ]

As you can see, at an extreme rating this ship can have a maximum of 2 squadrons on it. Please correct this and the hangar allocations.​

5) Strengths
Heavily Armed:
Could you please clarify your wording, what do you mean by "finding a point to be out of range is almost an impossibility"? In addition, do you mean that this corvette will be able to take on a Star Destroyer or Battlecruiser when you say, "The range of weapons at its disposal allows for it to fight almost any opponent." also none of the weapons you've linked are known for having a long range. Could you please clarify this strength.​

7) Weaknesses:
Low Hangar Defences:
Can you explain what you mean by "The hanger for the starship is not as defended as many other ships of similar size would guard their fighter ships. The few weapons along its underside allow for an easy targetable spot along its hull." Most smaller ships wouldn't have defended hangar bays. Can you show me the ship or reference you're referring to here?​

Please look through my notes and then tag me back when you're ready.

The Dark Inquisitor The Dark Inquisitor

That's a lot better! However, the submission is still a little unbalanced as I'll explain below:

Production Rating: Unique: +4 ratings points

Armament: Extreme: -3
Defences: Extreme: -3
Hangar Space: Very High: -2
Speed: Low: +1
Maneuverability: Low: +1

Total: -2.

Currently, you are 2 points overpowered, these ratings points can be found by reducing other statistics down. I would suggest reclassifying defences as Very High and perhaps reducing either speed of maneuverability by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom