Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cash for Guns (CIS, Tenloss Corporation)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Bothawui
11:00 hours
CIS Capital Building

The conference room was sizable and had a tall ceiling, but even then, it was a bit cramped for Popo. He sat at one end of the long table in the room, not to make himself appear all powerful and lord it over the others in attendance. No, it wasn't that. It was simply because it was the only place he could fit his immense bulk without knocking something over. He sat on a plush, velvet pad in his durasteel armor with his head and face uncovered. In front of him on the table were a few datapads, a few files of paperwork, a calculator, and a few pens and datapad styluses.

Today he was meeting with the top members of the Confederacy to negotiate a deal. Popo and his engineers had designed a vehicle to outmatch anything equivalent on the market, but they lacked the one thing that allowed the design to do so: a main armament. Enter the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Their military armed itself with the J-1 Semi-Autonomous Proton Cannon. The cannon was very, very powerful, but also fit onto a walking chassis as an artillery piece. Popo had taken one look and realized the weapon could be used in other ways and had set out to obtain the gun itself.

Now, the Shell Hutt sat here in the room, waiting for the members of the CIS to appear. Hopefully, the deal would go well and he would obtain the weapons he required. If not, he'd have to obtain them through... alternate methods, which could be more expensive and riskier, which he would rather avoid. All he needed was to start the meeting and wheel and deal and the guns would be his... he hoped...

@[member="Sophia Walsh"]
@[member="Feena Mason"]
@[member="Isley Verd"]
@[member="Serock Hoath"]

The Eternal Queen
As the Archon arrived, she took a half second just outside the door to slip her medication between her lips. It would be best for all involved if she didn't get sick during the meeting and need to leave. That finished, she entered the meeting room.

For this, she decided to go with simple, but formal. The dress she wore was of the finest velvet. Black, with a high neckline. Very plain, save for the long gold pendant around her neck. Her hair was pulled back into a very neat bun behind her head.

"Feena Mason, Archon of the Confederacy of Independent Systems and leader of the Templar Order. At your service," she introduced, dipping into a low bow.
This was how one properly began a meeting. And Feena Mason was always one to observe courtesies.

@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo politely inclined his head at the woman. Protocol demanded he bowed, but that was impossible when you were a big Hutt in heavy armor. The woman certainly looked the part of an Archon, what with the dress and neatness about her. The Shell Hutt simply wore his durasteel armor as he always did, nothing special.

"A pleasure to meet you, Archon Mason," the Hutt rumbled in Galactic Basic. Most thought that Hutts preferred using Huttese to speak to others, which was true, but Popo was the exception. The constant delays between translations through a protocol droid slowed things down and so the Hutt simply did all his business in Basic. It was much, much faster that way and left little room for miscommunications all 'round.

"I trust you know why I am here?" he asked, his tone pleasant.

@[member="Feena Mason"]
@[member="Sophia Walsh"]
@Isley Verd
@[member="Serock Hoath"]

The Eternal Queen
Feena had not taken a seat yet. She hadn't been offered one. It would be rude to sit without being directly asked to do so.

"I was given a very vague briefing before my arrival," she answered, "So I am afraid I know very little."

It was also polite to be entirely honest. She had been such a last minute addition to these negotiations. The only one able to make it. There was hardly time to learn of all the details.

((SORRY! Did not meant to take so long to get back to this. Got sick. ><))

@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"Ah, I see," the Hutt stated politely before a sudden revelation hit him. "Please, take a seat. I apologize, I often forget non-Hutts need more than a cushion underneath them to be comfortable."

Popo waited until she sat down before setting a datapad on the table. He activated the device and slid it to the woman before him.

"I'm interested in purchasing a moderate quantity, with constant supply, of the J-1 Semi-Autonomous Proton Cannons," Popo said as the file came up on the datapad. "However, I just desire the cannon itself, not the chassis. I've been told you have a small surplus at the moment and would like to buy as many as you can spare."

@[member="Feena Mason"]

(OOC: You're fine. I was mainly prodding people to get OTHER writers active here XD I'm glad you're feeling better though :p )

The Eternal Queen
Feena took the seat indicated, but did not get comfortable. She sat up straight and tall, hands folded neatly in her lap.

"I see," she answered at long last.

Oh, this was SO not her area of expertise. When it came to medical equipment? Laboratory equipment? Oh, Feena knew what was what. but weapons....
"Would it be to bold to ask what use of these cannons you have?"

@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"I desire the weapons to use them as the main armament on an armored fighting vehicle," Popo explained. "With the proton cannon, the vehicle will be the best in it's class, if not completely able to dominate the battlefield."

The Hutt saw no reason to not give a full and honest answer. The main supplier for the cannon would be from the Confederacy, so it didn't make sense to hide the purpose for the weapon from them. Besides, they might be one of his primary customers soon...

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Feena nodded. Dealing weapons was not exactly her 'thing'.

"This sounds reasonable enough," she replied, "And how much were you thinking to give us for each cannon?"

It wasn;t rude to speak of payment at this point in the negotiations.

@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"I had hoped for a partial trade, of sorts," the Hutt stated neutrally. "I will supply sufficient credits, of course, but in return for a rather... deep discount on the weapons, I can provide the vehicles to the CIS at discount as well. I can also give CIS militaries a priority on orders and restocks if desired."

Popo politely and casually folded his hands over his stomach.

"I would prefer that sort of deal to be contracted, of course."

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Now, this was something Feena did not typically deal with directly. Still, she had been put in charge of this negotiation. And the hutts terms did sound perfectly reasonable. She could hardly think of anything more she could even ask.

"That sounds more than reasonable," she answered with a polite nod, "You have my approval."

@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"Good," Popo stated with a nod. "I shall have my lawyers draw up a suitable contract including the terms agreed on during this meeting and have it delivered for you and your lawyers to review and sign. If there are any issues requiring resolution in the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me in my office on the Wheel."

With that Popo slithered back with another gracious nod to the human woman.

"Good day to you, Ms. Mason."

@[member="Feena Mason"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom