Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Carry On My Wayward Son (NJO/GA)

Rock and Roll MotherFluffers

New_GA1.png

Finally, after 15 years of asking, Nir was off to become a jedi. Coruscant was so much different than Cathar, but he had prepped. Probably a bit too much. His guitar case on his back, Nir walked out of the space port with two massive suitcases. His mom had given him everything he'd need. A pair of robes, a second part, a third part just in case, a fourth pair just in case in case. He could go on. Maybe letting Mom pack his clothes was a bad idea. She seemed so worried about him, and yet he told her he'd be fine. He told his band mates too, but they had come with him, acting as his entourage throughout the trip. His drummer was happy enough to come to look for work as a ship mechanic at the star port, while his guitarist and bass player figured they could find gigs at the local clubs. It was a group effort to get everyone here, and they'd promised to stick together.

But for now, Nir was on his own. Maybe he'd find friends. Maybe he'd find new band mates. They could always use some back up vocals, or a rhythm guitarist.

He shook his head, his long mane rocking back and fourth in the wind. He approached the temple now, looking up at the grand structure.

1630628-images.jpg

The sound of hovercars above caused his ears to twitch as he walked towards the grand staircase. Downside of being a honed musician is that every little sound became a roar in your ears. He hefted his suitcase, only to pause, looking down at it, and start walking up the staircase without it. Now that he was a jedi, there was no need to hide it. Or at least, he was going to become a jedi. Still, no need to hide his powers now.

Tides of Change

y0ZHF35.png

7BUIiLq.png

The transition into being a Jedi was a monumental step, the beginning of a new chapter that would forever change the story of your life. Elias had always found great fulfillment in being present for such a journey, and with business of the NJO drawing him closer to the Core these days, he found no reason not to be present as the new initiate Nir Si Nir Si was brought into the Order.

Elias stood patiently at the top of the temple steps, waiting for the Cathar to arrive. He watched as the distant traffic overhead sped by, forming the precious lifelines of the ecumenopolis. Coruscant seemed so massive when you looked up from down below, but today, Elias felt larger than life.

Today, the only thing that mattered was welcoming a brother into the fold.

Tags: Nir Si Nir Si

New_GA1.png

As he approached the tops of the steps, he was met with the sight of Elias Edo Elias Edo , which caused him to take pause. He had only really had the chance to familiarize himself with the jedi council on his way here, and this face was unfamiliar to him. He assumed this was someone above him, certainly, so he instinctively gave the man a polite bow. "Sir. I'm Nir Si. I'm....hoping to become a jedi. Can you hold on just a moment though?"

He finally climbed to the top of the stairs, looking down at his suitcases still at the bottom. He closed his eyes, holding a hand out, before a flash of light came from his hand, and suddenly, the suitcase was at his side. "There we go. Sorry, just needed to bring my bag up with me."

Tides of Change

y0ZHF35.png

7BUIiLq.png

"Impressive," Elias said with a smirk. He looked over the Cathar for a moment, then offered a low bow at the hip.

"I'm Jedi Master Elias Edo. It's a pleasure to meet you, Nir. I understand you're here to become a member of the New Jedi Order?"

It sounded quite formal coming from his lips, but the boyish smile that was forming on Elias' face gave away how eager he was to welcome another Jedi into their ranks. He likely wouldn't be the one performing any inductions or ceremonies - in fact, he wasn't even sure that the NJO did those sort of formalities anymore. Especially in times of darkness such as this, with the Sith and the Mandalorians posing a potential war on two fronts.

No, Elias was here as a fellow brother in the Force. To greet and welcome Nir Si Nir Si into the Order, and perhaps to help him settle in on Coruscant before he's set off on studies, training, and eventually finding a Master.

New_GA1.png

"That's the plan. That, and become a rock god." Nir winked, clicking his tongue. A little bit of that swagger shined through, even if he did look like a massive dork. Of course, that immediately faded as he came to a realization. "I don't have to sign anything, do I? I hate contracts..."

Elias Edo Elias Edo

Tides of Change

y0ZHF35.png

7BUIiLq.png
Elias couldn’t contain the haughty laugh that boomed out of his chest, but he was quick to reassure the prospective Jedi.

“Ha! I like you already, Nir! It’s good to have personal pursuits.” The Jedi Master gestured for the Cathar to join him as he led the way into the main hall of the temple.

He shook his head in response to the question, though to be perfectly clear, Elias wasn’t sure. At least, he didn’t recall signing his name away when he joined the Order. And seeing as none of the Council members were readily available, he decided to take matters into his own hands for now.

“No, no fancy contracts or agreements. Your commitment to the Jedi Order is mostly symbolic. Something you refine and make personal to your own journey.“

In the old days, uniformity and structure were paramount to the Jedi. And while these virtues were still honored today, the Jedi of modernity enjoyed unprecedented freedom in their learning paths. With so many members from thousands of worlds, it only made sense to allow learners to thrive rather than abide by arbitrary formalities.

Elias glanced to Nir Si Nir Si and smiled.

“I don’t know much about music, but I’m a pretty good dancer. And I absolutely love to surf.”

New_GA1.png

"Okay good, Contracts are my bane, dude." He smiled at the compliment. Good to see the jedi were just as nice as the people in Cathar built them up to be so far. "Never tried surfing. Unless you count Treesurfing. That's just how we get around the City-Tree."

The boy took pause as they entered the main hall, stopping to marvel at the size of the building. He'd only ever seen the humble abodes of Cathar's city tree, built into the side of branches that were the size of city blocks. But this? This was new. A building large enough to fit a starship in.
"...and we get to train here?" He finally uttered, his amazement shining through.

Elias Edo Elias Edo

Tides of Change

y0ZHF35.png

7BUIiLq.png
“We do,” Elias said proudly. “Many generations of Jedi have trained and served in these halls.”

He looked to Nir Si Nir Si with a more serious expression now, hoping to counterbalance the Cathar’s amazement with the burden of reality. ‘Perspective,’ as his own Master would say.

“Joining the Jedi Order is a monumental commitment. It takes a lifetime of training and learning to master your techniques, all the while standing as a guardian of peace and justice in the Alliance. Defending the people from the darkness that threatens their way of life. Our way of life.”

He paused for a moment, reflecting on galactic events as of late. A war on two fronts with the Sith Order and Mandalorian Enclave was quite an intimidating sign-on bonus for aspiring Jedi Padawans. If Nir wanted this, if he wanted to join the Order… the coming war would take the focus of much of his training. It wasn’t a lifestyle for everyone.

“We live in troubling times, my friend. The galaxy is upset once again, squirming through the power vacuum left behind by the Maw. I fear we will brandish our blades again soon. Is this a life you’re sure you want to lead?”

It was true that they needed every member they could recruit, but Elias couldn’t bring himself to hide the truth of what the Jedi faced; Sending Padawans and young Knights to their death was not the purpose of the Order, and tricking them into being soldiers was a gimmick he refused to perpetuate.

New_GA1.png

The boy looked to the master, frowning slightly. "...my culture tells me I have to." He said after a moment, his tail flicking at the thought. "But...up until recently, my mom wanted to avoid it. Then...the Empire came again recently, and a woman of my kind came and stood up against them. I couldn't hide anymore. If the galaxy is gonna fall into chaos, shouldn't it be every person's duty to fight for peace?"

It made sense in his head. He had the ability, thus he had the responsibility. Now all he needed was the skill.

Elias Edo Elias Edo

Tides of Change

y0ZHF35.png

7BUIiLq.png

Elias nodded, blinking slowly as Nir spoke.

"Peace comes with a heavy price, and the Jedi understand the cost. Not everyone feels the same as you - as we do. But we defend them all the same, protecting peace and liberty from those who would steal it."

They traveled deeper into the temple, eventually coming to a stop near the center of the main hall. The next step in Nir's initiation would come from a Jedi of higher rank than Elias, and was something only he could seek out for himself. Elias placed a hand on the Cathar's shoulder and gave him a kind smile.

"I believe you have what it takes to become a Jedi," he said encouragingly. "The Council will no doubt want to speak with you, to help you transition into the Order. The path ahead is long, but you're never alone - you will have the entire Jedi Order walking beside you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom