Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carida Finale: Let's Go Fly A Kite

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
NABOO - THEED HANGAR
[member="Spencer Varanin"]

Lady Ajira's 'Umbaran' or 'Zeltron' aide kept watch outside the lady's office. Now this...this was interesting. As a member of Ke'dem, Shambleau had served Ashin Varanin. She'd almost died with her; in the library of Lujo's Sith temple, fighting the One Sith, Shambleau had taken the brunt of the emanation of Spencer's grief. It had taken her...some time to piece herself back together after that. She'd seen things in her young life -- there was a reason for her vendetta against the One Sith -- but rarely had they been hammered home so thoroughly. Not that she held any ill will toward the Queen of Eshan. In the moment, that reaction had been entirely understandable.

But Shambleau absolutely wasn't about to open that door. No sir. And when Bertho and Dex came to speak with Ajira and her guest, a subtle pass of Shambleau's hand sent them right back the way they'd come. She knew, and knew well, that Ajira had Ke'dem connections and interests; it had been her advice that helped Shambleau and Seren keep some of the rougher ones in line in the weeks since Ashin's death. Spencer's presence confirmed Ajira's importance -- confirmed that Shambleau had made the right decision in terms of who to serve.

In the garb and guise of a Naboo aide, ostensibly reading a brief on her datapad, Shambleau kept watch by the office door.

Spencer caught her breath as she watched Ajira join her on the balcony. This was someone new, but far more familiar than anyone she had known in her life. Doing the math mentally she came to the realization that her entire adult life had been spent at Ashin's side. A feat that only a few could accomplish with their spouse. Nothing was said between then and Spencer felt a slight hesitation from the woman.

Part of her wondered if this was unfair of her. Was she being foolish to think they would just fall into step like before? Her eyes fell on the necklace and the ring that resided upon it. The blonde knew that she couldn't wear the ring with out an announcement. It was part of who she was on Naboo, people would question and wonder who she had wed. The questions from afar seemed simple enough, but they were dangerous to the woman beside her.

Too many questions and answers the speculations would happen.

A hand now suddenly nervous, brushed aside blonde hair as the wind picked up. She closed her eyes for a second and then looked back towards the Naboo woman, "You're so beautiful..." She wanted to question the possible hesitation, "Are you alright? I can be forward you know this." Spencer's face showed her concern and worry that maybe she moved to quickly, but she had waited for this. She had dreams, she's see this happen and right about now is when she woke up from the dreams. The breeze felt too real and the touch earlier felt like something - this wasn't a dream right?

"We can just talk, I've missed your company." Reaching out, Spencer touched lightly against the other woman's finger tips. A reunion like this was a sensitive matter and Spencer slowly realized this though she couldn't help but long to be held again.

[member="Ajira Cardei"] [member="Lady Shambleau"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

"Unless I missed something, it wasn't you that took my robe off." Another shiver as their fingers brushed and the wind picked up, pulling the shift around her. "It's just another step that needs to be taken, sooner or later. This is only my third body. Remember last time, after Void Station?" The deal she'd struck with Val'Ryss; the new body, free of cancer and bone-deep scars. It had taken a while to get used to being someone else, physically. And while the body she'd just abandoned on Lujo hadn't been wracked by cancer, she'd taken poor care of it over the long years. The Dark Side and her sword had accelerated her ageing, and surgical restructuring was no joke either. By contrast, though her new body had its own share of scars, and wasn't exactly young, Ajira felt decades fall away.

"I don't know what I'm like anymore, after all," she said, and took the final step to close the distance. "I don't know what gets my blood going, I don't know how I move, respond, anything. Not in...that context." She'd gone through that as well, the last time she'd changed bodies. But this felt like a more comprehensive change, or maybe that was just the years talking. Of the many factors that had led her to choose Ajira Cardei's body, orientation had been on the list. The last thing she would have needed was to wake up uninterested in her wife.

She cupped the corner of Spencer's jaw, thumb on her cheek. "But yes, let's talk."

The hand on her cheek burned against her face, it was a good burn - one she hadn't felt in what felt like decades. Every nerve in her body woke up from its depression and she felt eighteen again - in that shady bar on Nar Shaddaa. Back then, hormones dictated her. There was the glances and the awkward blushes when Ashin had been near her. Being the woman she was today, she was able to control herself, but as always around this particular soul...there was no control. Her face blushed and grew hot even with the chilling breeze. Spencer held Ajira's hand to her face with her own and smiled softly.

Removing it from her face she held the hand tightly almost afraid to let it go, to let her go. A smile, one that cracked at the corner of her lips worked its way along her jaw. "It will work out, you know how it goes. I'm always here to help you along the way, until you settle in and figure yourself out." There was always that fear when new bodies came into the picture, she was scared that one day biologically her wife would find herself dissatisfied with being with her and only desire a friendship. Though with the previous statement, her worries were put to rest. "We've had nearly 25 years of talking"

Arms reached out and fingertips pressed into Ajira's slender waist, there was a pull and bodies brushed against each other for a moment. Spencer leaned in and hesitated for a moment, "I can't just talk anymore..." Eyes closed and lips pressed against the other woman, arms drew in her lost lover as she attempted to see what got her 'going'. [member="Ajira Cardei"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
THEED HANGAR - NABOO

We shall draw, perhaps, a veil over what came next. For propriety, to be sure, for pearls must ever be clutched, but also because language -- no matter its quality or volume -- will always fall short of describing certain experiences. How to quantify, for example, the dissonances and harmonies of a familiar touch to an unfamiliar body? How to find words for sensations and emotional intricacies that have none? Each movement and rhythm has meaning, is informed by a state of mind, by memory, by what has come before and what may yet be -- and by one's impression of all of the above in one's partner. Intimacy, like combat, is a pure form of communication, and words will always find themselves inadequate. How can you describe the sounds alone, when each gasp is a function of a physical reality, an interplay of tensions and curving, pendular motion? How can you describe the taste of a lover's breath in isolation, when the taste would be meaningless if separated from context? And more, would the act of describing de-hallow the described act, or even merely take it from the private sphere to the public and thus transform it utterly, though nothing else had changed? Do the laws of matter and energy apply to sex, such that observation and perception of that observation make fluidity static? Do quantum mechanics demand that an act observed differs from an act in private?

What value can be held by verbal questions at all, when the language of the hour has little to do with the articulate voice?

***​

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
NABOO - THEED HANGAR

The buyout was in full swing, backed by a verbal agreement from the Queen of Eshan herself. Shambleau monitored the process on her datapad. To appease Clan Rekali, it seemed that Lady Ajira had bartered Ke'dem, in a way. Informally, of course, but it gave context to many of Shambleau's errands-

She sat bolt upright in her ornate chair, then turned to look at the closed office door. Then back at her datapad. Then the door again.

"Well, how about that. Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Corps. First and finest in client service."

A small grin quirking the corner of her mouth, Shambleau did her level best to focus on the datapad's status updates. That, and ensuring the office remained entirely undisturbed.

“Your…your desk is a mess.”

Spencer slowly buttoned her shirt back up and ran her hand through her hair. She would need to run water or something through it so it didn’t’ like Ajira had been running her hands through it and pulling it as well. Sitting on the edge of the desk, she buttoned up her pants and latched the belt over as best she could while keeping her eyes on her lover. The day had started out terrible, but with the revelation of the woman’s soul things had fallen back in line. Looking around, Spencer searched for her shoes. Not seeing anything, she decided to pull the woman back into an embrace.

Another kiss and another glance into the eyes she would soon find familiar, Spencer pulled herself off the desk and leaned against it, still trying to find her shoes somewhat. “As for the backing, you have my full support, you convinced me with your perfect customer service and appreciation.” They weren’t the youngest couple anymore, but Spencer wanted more – to make up for the time lost. Though she knew they couldn’t stay locked up in the office much longer. People would start to think things.

A soft chuckle. “So now that I have you, am I back off the market?” There was playfulness to her tone, she was never truly on the market – anyone after Ashin would be lackluster and unappealing. Though Ajira made things very interesting and appealing. “I love you and I always will.” [member="Ajira Cardei"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
THEED HANGAR-NABOO

A chuckle escaped Ajira, and she looked up from the desk's holodisplay. "You were on the market? Not that there's anything wrong with-" She mulled over her words and took her chair, shift wrinkling. "I'd be happy to see you happy. You know, in the future, if things don't go as planned. Though I'd reserve the right to haunt the hell out of my replacement, whoever she or he might be."

She looked up through her lashes to send Spencer a grin, then spun the holodisplay so Spencer could see what she'd just pulled up. "And here we are. With your backing, we're over the edge to buy out the Rekali clan's stake in the Hangar. And the company bylaws, Naboo laws, and Techno Union laws all allow it in this particular case, free and clear. It seems you and I weren't the only ones being productive around here tonight."

She skimmed through the news coverage. Condemnation and, to some extent, admiration of Clan Rekali's stunt. Bad press for the Hangar as a result, and a few raving but not entirely unfounded pieces on the Theed-Rekali-Vereen-Techno Union connection. "Ajira Cardei is going to have an interesting few days. Do you plan to stay in town, Your Majesty?"

THEED HANGER-NABOO
[member="Ajira Cardei"]

Spencer shook her head as she listened to Ajira’s comment about her being happy. “My happiness would eventually return if things don’t work out and you pass on and join the Five.” She decided her shoes were a lost cause for the time being and moved towards the chair that the woman sat in. Still, with her light frame compared to the body Ashin had chosen her personal favorite way to sit was still viable. Though seeing as most desk chairs were never the best to do what she wanted, she settled for standing for just the moment. A hand caressed the cheek of her lover as she shook her head again. “My happiness would return to me, not because of another in my bed, but because I know in the end you are happy and you gained what you always wanted. Redemption. I’ll always and forever be yours in this life and the next.”

The holo display took her attention back as she leaned on the desk. Her hands rested in her lap as she examined what had happened and how her putting her hand in the game changed things. “Ember was never the subtle one. But he did just lose Aaralyn - hopefully it doesn’t cause him to be too reckless.”

Spencer pondered the next question, she would have to reserve her room for some more time, she was to check out this afternoon if nothing had come up from her searches. “I just have to call the hotel and arrange more time there. I want to stay here as long as possible. In essence you’re still my wife…” A smile and a sigh of relief escaped the Vagrant Queen of Eshan. “With you being busy I should probably keep myself busy as well hmm?”

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
NABOO - THEED HANGAR

"That you could," said Ajira pensively. "Or..."

She switched the holodisplay to show a comlink number, a projected flight path from old Fringe space to Primeval space, and a familiar schematic.

"...or we could give Captain Kalaa a call. Since we're in the mood for reunions. Tell me, oh shareholder: what would you say to picking up an experimental testbed?"

Kalaaa had been first officer of the Chimaera ever since the Sith Empire. The old Ishi Tib had served under Captain Farn Engel, who'd been butchered by Death's Hand on Dasid Anya. Kalaaa had become captain, and had remained in command of Ashin's old flagship -- her and Spencer's former home -- when the Fringe fleet was absconded with. He'd remained captain, in fact, while the new colonies were established in Primeval space. But the Chimaera was showing her age, and had been utterly forgotten. Mothballed was the word, when the ship's obscene maintenance costs stressed the Primeval's reduced ability to actually keep their ships maintained and pay their crews. Things like the Chrysalide had gone to the One Sith, Kalaa said, but the Chimaera was a smaller and oft-modified Star Destroyer of an unimpressive, generations-old model. Tech from ICE, KDY, and SFS, among others, all jury-rigged together in defiance of warranty. A good ship, a legendary ship in some circles, but nothing next to an Immortal or whatever.

Ashin raised an eyebrow. "I can't go to Wild Space," she said, "but my aide can. My...Hand."

[SIZE=10pt]Spencer pondered this, she hasn’t spoken with the Captain in some time and it would probably be in their best interest to find that ship. Adjusting her position on the desk she looked towards the holodisplay and nodded. “I agree it’s in the best interest for us to get a testbed ship. I remember that ship quiet fondly.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“The command chair is still the same?” Grinning, Spencer seemed to be on a one track mind for the moment. Though that track shifted when Ajira said she couldn’t go into wild space. Raising an eyebrow Spencer wrinkled her nose in confusion. “What do you mean you can’t go?” It was obvious, she needed to keep the story and the role Ajira originally had. This time around, they were going to have to make adjustments Spencer wasn’t used to.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Your hand?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][member="Ajira Cardei"][/SIZE]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
THEED HANGAR - NABOO

"Lady Shambleau, a Mikan -- perhaps you noted a purple-skinned girl in the hall. She's from Ke'dem, with more discretion than most. She was there at Lujo, as it happens, but she put herself back together and she's quite competent. I can't leave, so I send her on errands. I think she quite enjoys the double life -- Theed Hangar aide by day, Dark Jedi by night. Ah, youth."

Ajira banished the Chimaera's specs -- she didn't have the blueprints -- and keyed up Kalaaa's holonet information. After a moment's consideration, she typed up a brief message. It was couched as an official invitation from Theed Hangar to the Ishi Tib Captain Kalaaa, formerly of the Fringe Confederation. The invitation offered a consultancy budget for him and his crew, as well as resettlement for their dependents. Ajira turned the display so Spencer could read it.

"What do you think? Not like it'll be that simple, even if he signs today. Extricating that many people from former Primeval territory is no joke. Getting them here isn't either, even -- or especially -- in the company of the Chimaera. Fortunately, at least we don't have to worry about my cover: your history with the ship is known."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom