Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resolved Cargo ship filled with slaves headed to Coruscant? Now? - Open RP idea. Tips welcome!

Okay so I think I may have an interesting idea brewing, hear me out guys! I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

I have made my decision on which faction to join with Gorth'alon. His ideals and goals align most with the Galactic Alliance at this point and I'm planning to join in character, but I'm a brand new member and once again have a couple of questions. Any feedback is appreciated! :) I apologize in advance if my questions are amateurish.

So TLDR of Gorth'alon's backstory needed for context:

• Slaves are taken to an under-the-radar hardcore gladiatorial arena (masquerading as an oreworks company) over the span of fifteen years.
  • At the end of my story, a localized seismic event is triggered and the slaves revolt amindst the chaos, and after suffering devastating losses they ultimately overtake the company premises.
  • The continued earthquakes demolish the small settlement but a single ship filled with slaves who are mostly ex-gladiators barely escape the forgotten rock planet.
  • Gorth'alon's two remaining close friends, a Wookie warrior named K'or and a tech-savvy Dug named Motozuma are the ones who stole the ship and saved all the remaining slaves they could find, including me.
After being cut off from the outside world for more than a decade, none of the occupants have a really solid understanding of where we should go. Based on what little we do know, however, we decide to seek out the Galactic Alliance. All we know is that Coruscant is out there and we can only hope that the Galactic Alliance will accept us. Let's say that the coordinates for Coruscant are also embedded in the ship's computer for good measure.

I think it could be a fun little open RP that basically any type of character could join; we are en route from the Outer Rim to the Deep Core in a cheap, busted-up cargo ship filled with -- let's say, 20-30 -- gritty fighters who have just won their freedom against their oppressors, but fuel and sustenance is low and we don't have many weapons to defend ourselves with. We are without any documentation, affiliation or even past. The only thing all of the occupants share are the ideals that revolve around hating oppressors, I guess.

Therein lies my first question:

• Not the focal point of the story, yet I still wish to be accurate with my details; what do you reckon the cheapest cargo ship is that could house 20-30 people? I may use this ship in the future and hold onto the Dug NPC (plans on fleshing this one out later) so that he could be my pilot, since Gorth'alon is a dum-dum when it comes to technology and flying ships.
  • Do I understand correctly that a bloody battle is currently underway on Coruscant? Is is open RP? Is it closed RP? Do you guys think it is a good idea to take my fresh character there now to eventually join or no? If yes, may I humbly ask somebody to do a quick TLDR on how the battle of Coruscant is going? <3
  • I hesitantly admit that a very strong argument could be made that bounties are placed on our heads since a couple of our former owners from Apatros could easily have survived as well and may want revenge on us, but I don't want to off my character in his first ever story, so I'm not sure what to do with this piece of information. Could bounty hunters be involved without Gorth'alon dying on his first trip? I guess other slaves on the ship could be taken out, and I only wish to keep Motozuma the Dug pilot, and not K'or the Wookie warrior.

In short: I'm planning a dangerous journey towards the Deep Core with a ragged ship containing a bunch of experienced fugitive gladiators, specifically to Coruscant so that my character could join the Army of the Galactic Alliance, but there's a war on I guess that complicates things, which sounds like so much fun! I'm sure we would be no match for sith lords and migthy admirals, but it could be an interesting turn of events that a group of battle-hardened gladiator fugitives suddenly enter into a giant ****storm out of nowhere and decide to contact the Galactic Alliance for assistance and perhaps end up joining the fight somehow the help them?

Hype!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom