Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Captive Activation

Zaiden blinked his available eye slowly against the bright light overhead. Coming from his unconscious state, the man as always was confused for a moment. Where was he? Why was his whole body sore- wait that's right. The battle and following capture.

Bolt. The bastard had always been his strongest adversary.

Zaiden had skills rivaling Shaw, Varanin, and even Shorn - his was a level of a high caliber and he had proven it time and again. Yet every time they battled, Bolt would simply drop Zaiden. It was never about how, but when.

It. Would. Happen.

But why now? What had set Bolt after the Head once more? What could possibly have caused his locked in a dingy cell, one eye swollen shut, several broken bones, and a lung he was quite sure was punctured.

Rising to a seated position, ignoring the pain as if it weren't there, Zaiden once more swept the area with his gaze. One corner held a small toilet, a wall of laser energies kept him trapped, and that was about it. No marks on the walls, no windows no details. Black metallic walls, floor and ceiling.

Where was he... What had happened...

A voice from just beyond the wall of energy, emanated, calm yet powerful, "Zaiden." It paused, "Glad to see you up and about finally." At that silence rang.

Stepping forward, Bolt leaned his form against the hallway wall. Folding his arms he looked inside the cell, his face a mask of indifference. This was Bolt, known for his incredible unpredictable speed and ability to foresee events mid battle. A calm yet dangerous man.

After a moment he began again, "I needed you gone for a while. On Val'hala is... A task. Something that needed my attention." Pressing a button, the light wall vanished, turning and showing his back (and therefore his blatant lack of worry or concern over Zaiden), "Have a good day Zaiden. I look forward to our next meeting"

With that he left. Nothing more. Nothing less.

With focus and heavier effort than he wished to admit, he pulsed in the Force. Letting his apprentices, friends, and family members know his location and the fact he was in pain.

He couldn't breath. Forcing himself upward, Zaiden counted three major breaks below the shoulder on his right arm. His left was sore but not more. Right leg held a gravel-like knee cap, shattered as if attempting to permanently incapacitate that leg. His left lung hurt tremendously, and his body wasn't getting enough oxygen he felt.

Utilizing his strongest processes, Zaiden made his way out of the cell, hoping someone came in his time of need..

Aesro Alyosha Drutin Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu

RezIgRT.png

----|---- Playlist --|-- Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean ----|----

For one whole year Anse had been scouring the galaxy looking for Zaiden and it hadn’t been easy. He asked along people he knew, watched the holonet and then the mysterious coordinates sent via his Comm.

It all started when he told him to meet him at his place after the interruption from the strange diminutive creature at the park. Getting there the place had been a wreck, door ajar. He had shifted, nose to the ground to find what he could he found several scents and none that were familiar. Working with the man he had come to know the scents of those he had trusted. Whoever had done this had come in fast, hard and with precision. After that he used what authority he had had to find information, but it was as if he had hunted a ghost.

He was out the door and on his way before he sent the signal to the others. Something he had almost forgotten to do. Not because he had been wanting to go it alone, but because of simple haste. The group needed a leader and he had no interest in leading, nor had anyone else. Maybe it had to do with their faith or maybe like him they just didn’t have such aspirations, either way Zaiden’s disappearance needed to be corrected.

When he came across the abandoned facility floating on an asteroid he had been suspicious as all hell. Except it was showing the station’s life support was nominal and there was only one life sign. No security to speak of, just a single soul abandoned. Docking went smoothly enough and as soon as the seal was done, the doors open, he was through. The place wasn’t nearly like most mines, the facility had been a new start up, but had tanked before they could get more than two shafts up.

It was eerie however. With mostly silence around him it was easy for his ears and nose to pick out where his target was. The dark haired man would see that someone had indeed shown up. Anse moved to help him keep his balance, taking most of his weight on his less stable side. “Ye got a lot of explaining to do, standing me up like tha’ and then disappearing.

His tone was playful, hoping to boost his spirits a bit. His eyes, normally sky blue were a deep gold, showing clearly that despite the playful tone he was quite angry. “Coordinates were thrown to my Comm. I sent it to the others, but I don’t know their ETA.

YushaBot.png

Aesro

A
Aesro had spent a great deal of time training after Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean had vanished. He had little else he knew how to do. Practicing over and over again the lessons he was taught. He did what he could to try and keep things organized. Not something that came naturally too him. Aesro didn't want to take the primary seat in keeping things functioning either, even if, perhaps, he should have. He just wasn't confident enough for that. However, he refused to let things completely fall to shambles either. And when he needed he was willing to exercise his power to make it work.

He grabbed the drink before him and chugged it focusing his mind on taking out the toxins as he felt it run down his throat. As it entered his stomach. Just as he had been taught. Just as he had practiced. Over and over again. Normally Aesro practiced increasing his strength, his speed, and his skill with a weapon. But without Zaiden, he just wasn't ready to try many things beyond just what he hadn't yet perfected. Detoxify was one of those he wasn't perfect at yet. So here he was. Seek out the toxin, and pull it, hold on to it. Only release it slowly. So that its effects can't actually do anything.

The Zabrak was probably there for an hour before he felt it. Just as he was releasing the last pieces of the toxin back into his body. His eyes shot open, "Master Zaiden." He was on his feet in an instant grabbing the vibro-blade he almost always carried with him and heading to immediately start getting together a ship. He had a general idea of where he was going. However, it seemed he wasn't the only one who'd been called. Even as the last of them was getting the ship prepared he got a message of coordinates from Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol . Aesro wasn't sure about what was needed, but he made sure they had a few good medics among them as well. He had no time for preparing the best, instead getting a good number of troops just in case. He didn't know the circumstances of his masters disappearance, nor his reappearance. For all he knew he could have only barely made it out alive. Hence the medics.

As he got into the ship and ensured everyone was operating in a timely manner, and getting those coordinates put in and set into hyperspace route he attempted to call back Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol hoping they were available. If he could, he'd say as such, "This is the Wraith, Aesro Kluuk, I'm bringing with me a ship and crew, a troop, and medics. I'll be there as soon as possible, just tell me where to land and if we should be prepared for a fight."

Feeling the arrival of Anse, Zaiden relaxed a bit - which was a bad thing. A slight shift in muscles changed the way his weight was held. He crumpled. Several more pops, crunches, and snaps sounded.

For proof of Zaiden's skill, see his reaction to such. Nothing. It was as if the shifting broken bones released no pain.

When Anse helped him up and toward the exit, Zaiden could only wink at the hound, "You missed me."

Pausing his attentions, he looked skyward a moment. A proud grin touched his lips. The man was known to create bonds between he and others, and he had forced one between Aesro and himself. Aesro was practicing his skills, as commanded. This brought a swell of pride that astonished the Undead Master.

"Aesro is coming." He needn't a com to know this. The bond was growing. Becoming more solid than the wisp of mist it had been. The youth would be here soon enough.

Closing his eyes, Zaiden wrapped his broken arm as best he could to the form of Anse. With that he began to concentrate. His body tensed, limbs finally crying out in anguish. He gasped quietly, bullying down on the pain. It didn't matter.

With all of his available power, Zaiden finally pictures Aesro...

A loud burst of air pressure sounded. Space that had held two separate bodies was now a vacuum, filling with air and debris. Meanwhile a foot in front of Aesro's face, another much louder bang occured. This time they expelled the air and matter that had filled where they now stood.

Zaiden fully slumped unconscious. The whites of his eyes took in everything, yet nothing at all. His body was loose in Anse's grasp.

A small trickle of blood escaped from the corner of his left eye.

He was broken in near every spot one can be broken. Yet he had walked. He had stood. He had spoken. And now even teleported himself and another large mass across thousands of miles of open space to land inside of a ship under the control of one he truly trusted.

What more could he have done?

His unconscious form took this time to release bile. Vomiting everywhere, partially choking on it, the form was motion sick from the traveling between two spaces. Even veteran movers can be effected by the motion sickness.

Aesro Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol

RezIgRT.png

----|---- Playlist --|-- Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean Aesro ----|----

Aye, if only cuz I was worried people would want me ta take charge.” He quipped back. Actually, he hadn’t been afraid of that, but it had been a thought that had crossed his mind. However he was very sure no one would have wanted that even if he was the last man in all the galaxy. “If they had though, I’d have done great and wondrous things all for my own pleasure. Ye got too many people who need a new kind of stick ta bring them some pleasure out of life, let me tell ye.

He had taken one of the Grey ships instead of his own, mainly for the weaponry. When he started talking about others coming he felt relief that quickly turned to confusion when suddenly he was dragged, then dropped, into and out of thin air. He was not far along Zaiden, his knees buckled and he hit the floor as a wave of nausea picked him up in its teeth and shook him like a doll. If it hadn’t been for Ogrimm who suddenly tried to go into fight-mode he might have also thrown up. However the internal struggle was enough to scramble his body’s reactions enough to keep that from happening.

All anyone else would see was him sitting hunched over, one hand gripping his forehead with his breathing ragged. It took him a moment to get under control, during that time people were scrambling to help their leader leaving Anse mostly forgotten. When they finally turned their attention to him he was staggering upright to stand. He waved off the aid that came over to look at him, he was fine. “Take care of Zaiden, I be fine and have someone retrieve the ship tha’ I borrowed. I need ta lay down being pulled through th’ twisting nether was not pleasant. Someone come find me when he is conscious...

Not to mention his brain was having fits over how that was even possible. Thankfully it was one of the soldiers who led him to an empty bed where he promptly passed out the moment he hit the padding.

YushaBot.png

Kai and Gerda

K
The Harlock blasted out of hyperspace at the coordinates Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol had sent out. An abandoned mining facility on an asteroid, floating silently through space…

“Creepy chit,” the Harlock’s Wroonian pilot, Theo Vathek, commented on the sight. “You hang out with some freaky people, man.”

Seated beside him in the co-pilot’s chair, Alyosha ran a hand through his hair. Quite a bit had happened in the year since Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean abruptly disappeared without a trace, and Alyosha wasn’t sure where the Grey Forces stood anymore. He was willing to respond to this call if only out of curiosity and a desire to keep getting paid for his work as a mercenary within the Forces.

Immediately upon entering the system, he could sense Zaiden’s presence, as well as his pain. It was a dull echo compared to what one of his bonded companions would feel, but it was there. Alyosha frowned. The fact that Zaiden was badly injured would seem to excuse his ghosting everyone, but there were still many missing pieces to the puzzle.

And then, Zaiden’s presence, along with that of Anse, abruptly shifted out of his sensing range. Alyosha blinked, baffled.

“Another ship is coming in,” Theo reported. Sure enough, Aesro arrived aboard his vessel. With him were the presences of Zaiden and Anse, albeit accompanied by nausea and unconsciousness.

“Oh yeah,” Alyosha muttered with a smirk and a shake of his head. “I forgot he knew how to teleport.”

"Teleport? You mean this guy's like Nightcrawler?!"

Rolling his eyes, Alyosha hailed Aesro’s ship. He wanted some answers.

Aesro

A
Aesro could sense the physical distress, even from this distance. The boy perhaps was not nearly as experienced, but there was a connection to be had often between masters and apprentices. The Jedi knew this well. He sensed something else as well, a strong change in the force, before he even received answer on the comms system. He felt the presence of Zaiden grow closer fast. The man stepped across the vast expanse of space bringing with him Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol . The Wraith smiled momentarily in spite of the feeling of pain he knew he must be in. However there wasn't a moment to waste. Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean fell over vomiting and immediately movement, Aesro snapped his fingers shouting across the ship rather than waiting for comms, "Medics! Here! Now!" he ordered. Whether or not they knew how Zaiden had gotten here shouldn't matter yet. They had a job to do, Aesro couldn't do much but nod to Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol as he asked someone bring his ship and grab one of the higher ranked troops by the shoulder, speaking more normally, "Have some men sent to pick up this mans ship. Get it done quickly."

It seemed Aesro wouldn't get a moment to speak yet to his master as he was hailed by Alyosha Drutin. He knew him, well, slightly. He knew who he was. He sighed quickly picking it up and stepping aside, glancing at the medics as they went to quickly attend to Zaiden, "I can't give you much explanation right now. I need to make this quick. We'll be heading back to our ground territory right away. You can meet us in the landing bay if you need to but I am not planning on spending unnecessary time out here."

With that he ordered an officer onto the comms. Aesro didn't like taking command, but he was doing it right now. He quickly had them set a course for the nearest place in their territory that he felt was both secure and able to care for whatever injuries Zaiden might have and had the others try and clean up the...mess. Before standing nearby Zaiden, "You really came out of nowhere...again." he said quietly noting that Zaiden was still unconscious. He'd get back onto the comms if Alyosha Drutin was still listening, "If you need to know something immediately. We can talk, but not for long."

He wasn't sure what Alyosha knew. But this wasn't the first time Zaiden had managed to summon multiple people at a moments notice. He remembered when he was recruiting wraiths before. It was a truly fascinating moment. But, admittedly, he didn't like them all.

Kai and Gerda

K
Aesro answered the hail, sounding about as happy to see him as Alyosha expected. He and the young Zabrak had developed a tense friction between them in their few interactions with each other, but Alyosha was in a much better place—physically, emotionally, and spiritually—than he had been during that dark year.

“Fine by me,” he answered in an almost chipper tone. “I can wait while ol’ Zaiden’s on the mend. I’m sure you’re just as eager to know what the hell is going on as I am. What’s our closest base? Ichtor 8? Someplace I’ve never heard of?”

It would make more sense to go straight to Val’hala. The “god-king” would probably heal better surrounded by the comforts of home. And then they could get down to business.

Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol

Zaiden opened his good eye. His body itched, ached, and screamed from pain. His bones were being set and put into casts, his skin was being saturated in bacta. He was being healed by the best - clearly on his planet at the usage of his title of GodKing.

Forcing himself up, he pushed his legs to the edge, ignoring the shouts of surprise followed by commands to lie back. He closed his eyes and concentrated. Setting into motion Force Healing, he rose to his feet, grabbed a nearby nurse and said, "Get me a cane."

In moments he was limping his way toward his command center, dressed in a pair of jeans alone. The cane in his hand was simple but did the trick. Thanks to his Force talents he already felt a dulling of the aches.

Pushing the door open, he shouted, "Wraiths. To me. Alyosha you as well. Everyone else clear the chamber." The massive room the Forces used as their main Head quarters was quickly cleared.

Aesro Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol Alyosha Drutin Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu

Aesro

A
Aesro heard Alyosha Drutin and glanced at the navigator, inquiring as to the nearest sufficient location. It seemed there was only so much territory for them to go to, Valhalla would work. He returned, "Seems we're headed to Val'Hala. Time constraints aren't big enough for it to be a bad enough problem." he answered.

It wouldn't be long before the group of them were headed there. Aesro kept mostly around his master, although he did make sure that Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol would also be taken care of should he have any injuries or problems from the teleportation. For now Aesro went aside, he couldn't help them heal the man. He just had to...wait. He had little to say to the rest, just that there was little too say. He didn't know what happened. Just that something did.

Fortunately, it wouldn't be as long as someone might think, as he felt Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean grow closer and her turned to the chamber entrances. Before he even spoke the Wraith began to move. Although he did glance to see if people had obeyed the Godkings orders, he had no doubts that they would. He gave a smile that was a combination of sympathy, concern, and relief. However, he wasted no words figuring out what to ask. Zaiden would tell them, he hoped. And if he didn't, then the Zabrak would ask.

Kai and Gerda

K
"Val'hala it is," Alyosha said, glancing at his pilot. Theo was already punching in the coordinates.

The Harlock made its way to the Olympia system, arriving on the heels of Aesro 's ship. As they landed on the capital world of the Grey Forces at a landing pad near the command center, Alyosha let out a sigh. Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean coming back meant that things were going to start moving again, but he still had no clue what direction they would be moving towards.

Looking back, his brief time in the Grey Forces had been a bizarre experience, to say the least. Zaiden had struck him as a man with an (albeit idealistic) dream, but the goal of the Forces had quickly become muddled. Were they peacekeepers like the Jedi? Conquerors like the Sith? They called themselves Grey for a reason, but it wasn't clear what that meant.

Back then he didn't know enough about the Force or himself to be able to coherently voice these questions and opinions. Now things were different. He had some semblance of what he was dealing with when it came to the Force, and with that knowledge came a confidence boost. The lost, troubled fugitive who had joined the Forces had been replaced by a free apprentice who, while not exactly relaxed, was far less cagey and standoffish.

That said, he still had no interest in taking on a leadership role. Zaiden seemed to view questions and concerns as a challenge to his leadership. And maybe he was right when it came to Alyosha - he'd acted like a jerkass at their first meeting. But if moving things forward required ruffling a few feathers, so be it. They needed to get their act together.

Before he left the ship, Theo stopped him. "Hey man, can I come out and meet this Nightcrawler guy?"

"I don't see why not," Alyosha replied. "If anybody asks questions, just say you're with me."

The two men left the ship and headed into the command center. Alyosha was formally (if somewhat stiffly) greeted by the guards, then quickly ushered inside. To his surprise, no one seemed to care about the presence of Theo, even though the Wroonian was not a member of the Forces. No questions, no raised eyebrows, not even more than a cursory glance were directed his way. Well, Val'hala was known for being laid back and easygoing...

Along the way, Theo was full of questions about how Alyosha had met Zaiden, who and what was Zaiden, what were the Grey Forces, etc. Alyosha did his best to answer them, but it didn't make much sense even to his own ears.

Just before they reached the conference room, Alyosha caught sight of Zaiden up ahead of them. He threw his arm out to stop Theo, and the two of them watched the scene. The sorcerer was hobbling into the conference room with the aid of a cane, calling to his Wraiths like an old man screaming for his grandkids to bring him coffee and a newspaper. Alyosha chuckled at the inclusion of his name as an addendum. He got a kick out of being the outlier, the only person who had no rank and yet was still considered indispensable.

"All right, let's go," Alyosha murmured, releasing Theo.

They entered the room. A large table sat at the center, populated with plenty of chairs. At the head of the table sat Zaiden (obviously), accompanied by Aesro. So far there was no sign of Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol or any of the other members Alyosha remembered.

"Greetings, comrades," Alyosha announced with a boyish grin. Gesturing to the Wroonian, he added, "This is my pilot, Theo Vathek. I hope you won't mind him sitting in on this little powwow."

"Ayyy, man," Theo drawled. Though he was acting casual, Alyosha could tell his friend was intimidated. As well he should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
RezIgRT.png

----|---- Playlist --|-- Aesro Alyosha Drutin Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean ----|----

Anse strolled in freshly showered and without the earlier armor he had worn when he had been expecting trouble. He was dressed comfortably in leather and linen as was usual. He had spent most of the trip holed up in the quarters he had been assigned first to get over the shock of what happened letting his body rest. The other reason was to simply avoid people. He had had nothing to offer in terms of briefing, he had spoken about the little he knew. Avoiding people meant no one could try to ask him the same questions forty different ways.

Upon arrival to Val’halla he had simply disappeared altogether. He had returned periodically to check on Zaiden, but ghosted the moment someone wanted to ask him questions. He sprawled in one of the chairs after hearing the summons. The Lopara was a wildcard among the others assembled. He rarely used his authority, he rarely seemed to show up and if anyone asks him why he even had what he had, his usual response was ‘Zaiden be crazy, but he won’t fire me, take it up with him.’

In fact, he tended to just fit himself into mechanic ships or fix things on the side of the road as ‘work’. He listened to people and offered what help he could and aside from flirting with those that caught his fancy, he was simply a cheerful drifter. It was hard to say what function he served. “Ye should be back in th’ healer’s ward Zaiden. Ye look like something chewed ye up and then spat ye out half way through th’ chewing. Whatever this is about could have waited till ye didn’t look half dead.

YushaBot.png

"Alert Bryn of our meeting. She is off world currently but I would her know I am alive." At that he looked to Alyosha first. His pilot gave him little concern, hell, not even as much Alyosha himself.

"Drutin, I have a task for you explicitly in the near future. Stick around." With that said he heard Anse, and waved a hand dismissively, "The poodoo who did this, wishes this was my worst - did you all know I was once on ground floor of the Ahvulan tower when it was dropped ontop of me?

"That! That was painful. I will be fine after all of this." Zaiden smiled, "Now, as for why I need you all, is to explain my absence. I understand it has been a year, possibly more." He sighed, "From what I understand, I was held in an induced coma. I had no way to return.

"Bolt. One of my old nemesis, a man a would have to go toe to toe on every bounty, every hit - everything I did to show I had skill and worth, he outdid me." Zaiden sighed once more, "For every legend there is of me, there is a dozen more for him. He is my better in all ways.

"I have faced Gods among men... And Bolt outdoes them." He shrugged, "He woke me up trapped in those cells.. he told me I was supposed to be out of the way while he sought his goal. I can't say what it was, just that it has to do with the Forces. He wanted something here."

Zaiden paused a long silent moment, "I will begin a manhunt to take him out. That's the goal. He is our biggest threat. If I alone am a threat to entire factions, this man is a threat to life itself if he sought to be." At that he looked to each present..

"For now, I need updates. Personal, galactic, militant, Grey related or whatever. I need to know what I have missed in my absence."

Aesro Alyosha Drutin Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu

Kai and Gerda

K
While Alyosha agreed with Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol that Zaiden ought to be in bed recovering, he sorely doubted Zaiden would listen to any of them. The guy lived and breathed in perpetual God Mode, and it didn't look like he would be stopped anytime soon.

Finally, the assassin was getting the answers he sought. So Zaiden had been attacked and kidnapped by the only person who seemed capable of overpowering the sorcerer...

"...Bolt," Alyosha said, sounding out the name with a raised eyebrow. Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean was hyping this guy up to be the greatest adversary in the galaxy, "a threat to all life"... and yet this highly dangerous villain who had bested the god-king was named Bolt.

He sighed and shrugged it off, but he could see Theo struggling. The Wroonian's face was turning a darker shade of blue from trying to hold back his laughter.

"Well, as far as personal updates go..." Alyosha smiled, looking proud of himself. "There's no longer a bounty on my head, and I've begun training under an unorthodox Jedi master." That meant two of the three reasons he'd decided to join the Forces - protection and training - were no longer relevant. The only reason he'd bothered to show up was for the pay, and because he was honestly curious as to where things would go from here within the faction.

"I haven't been keeping tabs on the rest of the galaxy, but I happened to pay a visit to Atrisia not too long ago. The place is in ruins after the Sith invaded the planet. And don't ask me why I know this, but if you remember the Grayson Imperium, that weird fascist Jedi faction that took over Coruscant? Well, they're gone now. Got absorbed into the Republic. There's a lot of fear over there, what with the Sith taking over planets, stealing children from their families, and other such shenanigans. They even put out a bounty on all Jedi. The space wizards are going to war for the umpteenth time, but hey, as long as we keep to ourselves, no problem, right?"

Part of him was wondering whether Zaiden would attempt to get the Forces involved in the conflict, so he deliberately mentioned it, wanting to get the elephant in the room out of the way.

Aesro Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu

Aesro

A
Aesro nodded at the orders given. He simply glanced at Alyosha Drutin as he was given extra instructions. No need for the zabrak to exert any energy making any comments about that. Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean had more to say however. He began to speak a bit on his past, and on this character named 'Bolt' who had captured him. For all he said about him, and as much as he respected Zaiden, he found it hard to believe. That someone like him didn't have more fame mainly. If he was really so powerful, and had as many legends as Zaiden suggested, surely Aesro would have heard more about him by now. And, surely there would have been many group efforts to kill the man?

Oh well, it didn't matter did it. The man was powerful enough to not only trap Zaiden but keep him for a year, potentially more if he chose. That was not something Aesro could ignore. It was clearly concerning to the boy. That this man was still around. And apparently he wanted something from the Forces. Aesro pressed a finger against one of his horns, twisting and turning it in thought at what he could want. Resources? He could get those from elsewhere with less effort. Technology? As far as I'm aware it'd be cheaper for the man to get that elsewhere than trying to steal from here. Influence? If what Zaiden says is true, surely there would have been something to notice by now, a particularly strong politician, or rising movement. And there are numerous planets to choose from if this man just wanted influence. Why this one. Information? Maybe. What about one of those...force nexus's? Do we have any of those? Kark if I know. Maybe it's arrogance related? Maybe he wants fame? Or infamy? Or maybe he's at the point where he'd take delight in just bothering Zaiden and causing chaos?

Aesro's thoughts stopped as Zaiden mentioned they were making a manhunt, "How?" He prompted. "If he is so powerful. What can we expect to do? Except perhaps set a trap. Or preform an assassination. Or bombardment. Maybe." He said uncertainly. With what Zaiden was saying, it would take more than would be expected of them to actually take down the man. They needed a plan, one that was strong and difficult for this man to get out of. If he could teleport like Zaiden, it'd have to be something they could do fast. Aesro wasn't against the idea of using anti-force methods. Like Ysalimir, with an enemy this important. But would they even get that close was another question.

Zaiden prompted that they give information, Alyosha Drutin went first. He had plenty about the galaxy at large and some on himself. Aesro felt bad, having much less by comparison,
"I've been trying to continue practicing. I've gotten pretty good at the things that you did teach me before you were captured. And I've been trying to keep the Forces stable, at least, as much as I can. I don't like taking charge and I still don't know what I'm doing with authority if I'm honest. I can't tell you if I've really succeeded because I'm not entirely sure if I'd know until I completely failed. Sorry I don't know more..."

Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol

RezIgRT.png

----|---- Playlist --|-- Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean ----|----

Anse fiddled with something on the table and sighed. “Right, I understand tha’ this man did what he did, but he be hardly some big threat to th’ whole galaxy. Not a single entity tha’ exists, save a plague, is tha’ serious. Th’ galaxy won’t even blink at th’ loss of this single person tha’ came for ye.

Zaiden had a monster that hid under his bed and it reached out and got him. “Ye be a ginormous idiot. This? This could have waited till ye were better, but what ye do? Show to th’ people around ye tha’ when ye need to take th’ time to recover, ye piss on all th’ ones who are trying to help ye. How tha’ be looking to th’ people who will fight for ye, die for ye, th’ ones who survive go do as ye just did? Ye be losing even more because ye got scared and want to prove something ye don’t need to prove. I do not like this recklessness Zaiden, not one bit.

The Lopara wasn’t one to pull his punches or not give his honest opinions. He felt that what Zaiden was trying to get them all to do was the height of stupidity. “If this man be such a threat, why ye not tell us eh? If he be your biggest enemy, why did ye hide it? Those of us ye made your close hands, could have protected ye. Ye disappeared, ye obviously didn’t trust us enough to say something so ye wouldn’t have vanished as ye did. What be th’ point to wearing your mark when ye failed us Zaiden. Ye failed us by not giving us a detail tha’ could have allowed us to do th’ very duty ye gifted. And now ye leap from bed and say ‘lets go fight and have ye die for me so I can prove my cock still be worth waggling about.’” He growled. “Ye owe us an apology, not a cry to battle for a cause tha’ I think not even be worth th’ piss I could spray at it.

He wouldn’t fight in Zaiden’s crusade, but he had worked to keep eyes out. Working as he did in the city, fixing things, was also a way to keep his ears open. Wandering as he did, saw him meet all kinds of people. “I be under contract as th’ personal mechanic to a lass named Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter from th’ Agents of Chaos. I met her following what I had hoped would be a lead to where ye disappeared to. Tha’ be what I was doing after ye disappeared. My personal life? Be as empty as it was when we met, very little has changed.”

He stood up then and shook his head. “I be needing a walk before I say something I probably won’t regret later.”

He stalked out of the room after that, not sure where his feet would take him.

YushaBot.png

It was good to hear an ally no longer under Bounty threats. Plus the man was beginning some trainings in the Force. Grand. The Republic was growing in strength. That sucked.

Aesro had stepped up while he was gone, revealing much. Plus he had maintained his lessons.

Then Anse began his rant. Zaiden never acknowledged it. When the man left, it was as if he had never said a thing. No change to Zaidens face.

Zaiden was a child. That's the basis of it. But in reality, one getting mad about something, shouting and making accusations, and then stomping away? Quite literally his understanding of throwing a temper tantrum was just that.

"Aesro, we will continue your training soon. I will likely push you harder than I should truthfully. You might be hurt, but I will be there to repair any damages. I seek you being elevated soon as physically possible. I need you as a potential warrior soon.

"Alyosha, if I have a chance, I would like to do some training exercises. Just to keep you in the game and on your toes." Zaiden said, then gestured to a holotable which activated and began pumping a map screen.

"Ichtor could be a good goal for Bolt, giving the chances for hiding out.. but I don't believe that will be where he goes." For a few minutes Zaiden spoke, making some plans for the other Wraiths in the room. But when the time came for returning focus to Aesro, he said, "Kid, you and I actually are going to do some training today, if you think you're down."

Aesro Alyosha Drutin

Kai and Gerda

K
Aesro held down the fort in Zaiden's absence. That was to be expected from the sorcerer's official apprentice, though Alyosha wondered if the Zabrak had managed to keep everything under control. The people of Val'hala seemed too easygoing to bother attempting an uprising in the absence of their god-king, but what about the Forces' other strongholds? He supposed Zaiden would take care of it... after all, it wasn't really any of Alyosha's concern.

Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol on the other hand had apparently gotten involved with the Agents of Chaos. Alyosha was only mildly surprised to hear it. He knew the Agents were considered terrorists, but they also had a reputation for being, ah, party animals.

What did make Alyosha raise an eyebrow was the verbal lashing Anse doled out on Zaiden. It wasn't a direct attack, and he clearly had good intentions hidden behind his gruff, blunt talk, but still. Damn. The final blow came when Anse stormed out, leaving them to continue their discussion without the Lopar.

Even though Zaiden seemed perfectly content to ignore Anse's words, Alyosha was more affected by the outburst than he was willing to admit.

"I see Anse is as honest as ever," Alyosha half-joked. "But I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says."

He hesitated, silenced by some strange reluctance, then forced himself to continue. He'd started something, now it was only right to finish it.

"Zaiden, this can be a turning point for all of us, a chance to start anew. But at the rate you're going, we're going to have the same issues we did last time."

He gestured toward the others - well, Aesro was the only other Forces member left in the room, so he was really only gesturing to him. The Forces had never looked so small, so insignificant in the grander scheme of things than they did now.

"You never communicated with us what exactly you wanted. There was no strategy behind your movements that we could see, no planning done beforehand. We were expected to come at your beck and call whenever you summoned us, no questions asked. Do you wonder then why we never expanded beyond Val'hala? Sure, things didn't go as planned on Ichtor 8, but that's out of any of our hands. I'm talking about the confusion on the ground, the lack of cohesion, the chaos and conflict of interests that has plagued this group from the start.

"I'm not trying to cast blame here or challenge your authority, but if this faction is going to get anything done, we have to actually work together. You make demands of us when you should be trusting us. We're not machines that need to be told what to do. We're men and women with minds of our own. Stop treating us like pawns in an interstellar game of chess, or good little soldiers you can train and send marching out into the galaxy. You've offered us a great deal, so let us give something back to you."

He turned away from Zaiden to find Theo staring at him in shock. Alyosha's boldness had surprised Alyosha himself. But these things needed to be said. The way he saw it, the Grey Forces had reached a crossroads. They could either get a grip or collapse completely.

Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom