Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captains, Coldbloods and Credits

Nal Hutta | Port Town of Bilbousa | Bilbousa Bazaar​
Nal Hutta was a stinkhole of a planet, and Bilbousa was a stinkhole of a town. Aar'aaians were historically known for working with Hutts, but quite frankly Jimmy would be more than happy to see the lot of them liberally salted. This sentiment was not helped by the fact that one of them had decided not to pay him for his most recent job. Apparently it hadn't made quite the profit it had hoped for off of whatever had been the cargo in the ship he'd flown, and as such felt that the honour for working for it was enough for a lowly lizard like him. Jimmy was not feeling particularly honoured. He had flown a YV-666 light freighter missing half of a wing under all the radars legitimate folks had put out for shady folks like Jimmy and his erstwhile employer, and he didn't get a single credit.

The bloody thing only flew in circles! It wasn't an amazing model to start with let alone crippled as it was. Honour. Huh.

Annoyed as he was however, Jimmy was also not suicidal, so he did not argue, he thanked the Hutt and then legged it. Having removed himself from said Hutts employ without the slugs express permission, it was probably best to make himself scarce for awhile. Even the low-level Hutts liked to think of themselves as real gangsters, and tended to go on about respect, and then shoot you. He had almost as little intention of being grounded as he did of being shot except as an absolute last resort, so when word reached him that someone was looking for a crew.. for a pilot... Jimmy had to fly, and if he could get himself far away from Nal Hutta, well that would be just dandy. As long as it wasn't to Hoth, Jimmy didn't much care what the job was, what he was flying or where he was flying it to. Though he would quite like to get paid this go.

Which was what brought him to the Bazaar, to meet the man with the job, and was also why he was a rather putrid purple colour, figuring if the Hutt did have eyes out for him, they'd be looking for a green lizard. He'd considered pulling his tail off, but even if it did grow back, it hurt and he always felt foolish, walking about with a little stumpy tail until it filled out.

A quick flick of his head and one of the native buzzing insects disappeared with a crunch. At least the nibblies were free and plentiful.​

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'
Same Place | Same Time​
@[member="Jimmy Nkemdilim"]​

Standing waiting for a green lizard, Ignasius instead saw a purple one. It would do. He could fly the ship if the scaly thing could not do its job. All he needed to do was take off and Iggy could take over from there, anything more as a bonus at this point, and especially for the price that the Reptiloid was willing to work.

"You the pilot?" Iggy asked simply in a rather impatient tone.

Jimmy gave the muscular humanoid a once over. Well he didn't look starving in any case, and that was always a good sign. If they couldn't afford to feed themselves they probably either didn't make any money, or were cracked out of their heads on some drug or another. And if that was the case likely they'd blow your pay on their next hit and or try and shoot you while out of their heads and screaming about bugs or something. Jimmy had spent a day naked and pressed against a wall waiting for a hulked out junkie to drag his sorry rear end out of the room. It was not an experience he cared to repeat.

"Yep."

Alright, so it wasn't the most sterling of answers. Perhaps he should have gone with, 'Why yes, I am Jimothy Jimenez the Jird, you may call me Jimmy, known far and wide for my most excellent skills with both ships of all kinds, and the ladies, pleased to make your acquaintance kind sir, do tell me of how I can be of use!' but quite frankly the guy seemed like the sort to prefer quick and to the point.

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'
Ignasius looked the reptilian over. Claws on each appendage, he would watch that. Probably could drop that tail in an instant too. In case of any necessary subjugation, Iggy was going to venture a guess that a blaster would be his best ally, on stun or not.

His eyebrow quirked, but other than that his face gave no signs of...well...anything.

"You any good?"

Any good? Any.. Good? There were somethings a self respecting lizard could not ignore. Jimmy's scales started darkening and his chest puffed out as he rose from his habitual slouch to his full height.

"It depends Sir, on what precisely you mean by good. If Sir, you would consider such things as outracing custom speeder-bikes in a garbage scow, flying a YV-666 with one wing, avoiding every blockade from the Deep Core to the Outer Rim, maneuvering through asteroid field like you would skip through a field of daisies and finishing every run in time to be back at the bar and on your third drink by the time the other pilots stagger in boasting about 12 parasecs.."

By this point Jimmy was what he felt was a rather fetching and heroic black spotted with white, blues and yellows in vaguely space-like patterns.

"Then yes, Sir. I am in fact pretty good."

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'
@[member="Jimmy Nkemdilim"]

Again there was no facial expression as Jimmy changed colour. It was impressive though, and definitely useful. Ignasius smiled internally. This deal was better than expected. There were numerous advantages to having a colour changing crew member on board.

"I prefer green," he said before throwing his new pilot a datatab. Contained on the pad was the location of the vessel, and the docking details.

"Two hours, get your stuff stowed and then take the chair," he said before turning and leaving.

"I.. It is a classic."

Jimmy conceded, deflating and reverting to a more familiar greenish-yellow as he watched the humanoids retreating back.

Well! A job! And, he grinned toothily as he looked over the specs on the datapad, while the ship couldn't be called top tier, neither was it a hunk of junk. Oh no. Jimmy was more than confident he could get this baby to purr for him all night long.

"The Mage... We're gonna make a little magic you and I."

He crooned to the blueprints. Mr Any Good might have been the Captain, but as far as Jimmy was concerned the ship was now his baby for as long as he was getting a paycheck. He wondered briefly about the rest of the crew, if there was a rest of the crew. Hopefully there was a mechanic at least. Jimmy could jury-rig enough to stay in the air assuming he had the proper parts, but he was no savant.

Two hours! He had a cunningly hidden pack to grab and then as soon as possible he was making for the ship. He'd seen more than enough of Bilbousa, and was itching to get back into space. As far as the lizard was concerned you could boil the oceans and scorch the land, so long as he had the sky. Whistling cheerfully and terribly off-key, the lizard set off at a jaunty pace.

~​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom