Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Can't Have Chit in Nar Shadda

Normally, Nar Shadda was a-

No, it was never quiet. The planet that never sleeps, and yet...

It was not usually this LOUD.

Screamed echoed through the streets, as once again an admittedly cute voice spoke out.

"Heeeeeey Darksiders! We're streaming tonight to talk about this Wonderful! piece of equipment I found today! And I'm supposed to have a special guest today too! I invited a new mentor for me! Some guy named Malum!" She hefted a Blaster Rifle up, showing it off to a probe droid she had following her around, before aiming it, and firing it at a set of guards that were trying to fire on her.

It wasn't really apparent who she was talking to, or even if she was talking to anyone...

But the invite had been sent. An invite that had been spammed to Malum's holo-device of choice.

Why?

Because she thought his name sounded cool.

Tag: Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

He was not exactly certain why he had responded to the invitation, he had initially thought it spam in fact. After all, how else was he to take multiple invitations to go experiment with a blaster rifle on Nar Shadda, the bigger question was of course how someone had gotten access to his datapad's address, but that mystery was not exactly solved easily.

That might have been the end of things really, with the spammer escaping, having likely found his contact details by pure happenstance.

Until of course, he did some investigation on the spammer and realised it came from one Darth Dekaltis Darth Dekaltis .

The name meant very little to him personally, but it was a familiar one, one of the Sith who had found fame on the Holonet of all things, it reminded him of the antics of ones such as Annika Starfire Annika Starfire , though if he remembered correctly Darth Dekaltis had far more... realistic streams.

It still would have been enough for him to write it off, mostly, he would need to place some agent to watch over her, for it was somewhat worrying that she was able to get his details, but that would be the end of it.

Until of course, he dug further into the Tsis'Kaar files on Darth Dekaltis, and what he read, filled him with both disgust and fury. A young girl kidnapped by the Sith and experimented on with cybernetics, enough to break her mind, even if it turned her into a dangerous, effective warrior. Well, with a mind of his own, that could not entirely be called sane, it was enough for him to accept the invitation. If only to hear what she had to say, after what she had been through, she deserved at least that.

Of course, he was rapidly beginning to doubt the sense of that decision, as the cloak and concealment fell, hearing the voice that was so cutesy that it might melt hearts entirely, of course, the words that were said using that voice left much to be desired, as the figure whose voice it belonged, had no issue using a blaster rifle to fire upon the local law enforcement.

Oh, why did he keep getting himself into these situations?

"Darth Dekaltis, what exactly are you doing?" His voice rung out, where there was no man, suddenly there was one, of raven locks and crimson eyes, of a face framed with concern, as he kept away from the returning fire. She had called him mentor, was that what this was? He already had one apprentice, and that was its own bundle of troubles, did he want another one?

One that was somehow more insane than him as well?

He did enjoy challenges...

But no, this was a foolish idea, right?

Right?

The girl took pause as her mind slowly registered the new person.

Friend, or foe? It was difficult at times for her to decide. He was a new face, and potentionally a new NPC...

But he knew her name. Spoke of her title.

"I am not Darth Dekaltis!" She stamped the ground, dark side energy shockwaving out of her feet. "I am MoonRunner!"

Malum blinked.

He blinked again.

Nope, no matter how many times he blinked, the explanation did not come to him.

His lightsabre ignited, deflecting blasterbolts when they got too close, as most of his attention was still upon the woman... Darth Dekaltis... or MoonRunner? As far as he remembered an alias of hers on the Holonet, what was particularly strange about it was that a form of it existed for far longer than her physical age would have suggested.

But after all, that was not too out of the ordinary, what files he did have of her suggested she was far, far, older than he. Nearly ten times older, even if she did not look the part.

And seemingly, her mind did not play the part either. The tantrum mid-battle, very much was a concerning personality quirk, one that he certainly did not wish to deal with from an apprentice. That may have been the end of it, Malum dispatching the guards and leaving her to her devices.

All apart from one thing.

He felt the Force with every stomp. The dark side radiated out as if it was the epicentre of a quake, there was power in the woman. Unrefined, raw, and underutilised.

But it was much easier to hone power than it was to make power.

So he played his part.

"Alright, 'MoonRunner', I am Darth Malum of House Marr, and I am here to test you." He flicked the lightsabre up, and one blasterbolt took out its sender, while raising his arm upwards, there was an ear-splitting crunch as the neck was broken. No doubt there were more on the way, but he wished to see her in action now.

"Show me what you can do." Red eyes glimmered with curiosity.

Darth Dekaltis Darth Dekaltis

Show me what you got?

That caused a wicked grin to stretch across the petite face of hers.

She reached out with both hands, dark energy stretching across the street, before suddenly, an eruption of power. Every piece of technology, anything and everything, began to rattle. Even Malum felt it in his saber, the sith being forced to hold his own saber together through the Force, to counter the girl's show of power.

Anything that wasn't pushed back on through the force, was violently dismantled. Blasters, weapons, holo-sets, even sides of buildings. The metal pieces swirled, people fleeing in fear, before reconfiguring into...a mess. Some formed into new weapons that Dekaltis then pointed at the fleeing civilians, others formed what could only be considered art pieces, while some formed into formless masses of metal.

It began as a ripple at first, as her Darkside energies spread out across from her, even through and past him, then suddenly where one moment it seemed nothing of matter or note would occur at all.

Then it happened.

It was like thunder after lightning struck, he felt it in his lightsabre as it suddenly began to vibrate, as if the components of its design were being forced apart by the will of another, and well, it was not hard to find out who that other was. Still, it was enough for his eyes to take focus away from her, as he clamped down his hand hard around the hilt, forcing it to stay in place, deactivating it with a hiss, worried that the kyber crystal within would grow unstable, even bending the Force around his lightsabre, to make certain, it stayed together and resisted the other forces acting against it.

Gazing back up, he would be privy to quite the sight.

The sounds had been concerning enough, but what his red eyes witnessed, was something else entirely, the blasters from the guards killed, the blasters and weapons of all those that were continued to charge down the street, holo-sets, components of vehicles, even the metal sides of buildings were formulating around her, as if she was a magnetic pole of such power to well... accomplish such a feat.

And to see the formless mess, begun on the fly to be created to various items of import and spectre, it was... it was beautiful in a way which he could not fully appreciate, especially as passing by the artwork and formless masses, he found legs moving as his arms hands reached out, to grab the short woman's shoulder, gazing carefully at the weapons which were about to fire upon the civilians.

"Very impressive," It was honest, such a display of power was certainly enough to capture his interest, but... "Yet, I will not be impressed by the senseless, wanton slaughter of civilians," He smirked, a smirk filled with grim malice "Annihilate the guards, and you will have my attention." His crimson eyes came to regard them, those who would have fired upon them, those who were now confused as their weapons of war were stolen away from them.

They had chosen this.

And now Darth Dekaltis Darth Dekaltis would deliver.

Dekaltis stared out to the guards. Floating blasters reformed into new shapes opened fire on them, riddling the bodies of the guards with holes, before finally...a twin saber ignited, floating from her hand first to twirl in a colorful display of green and red, before lashing out like a boomerang to slice up the remaining guards.

The girl began to giggle, before it devolved into a cackle. She had found her master. And Chat...

Chat was cheering.

Being able to kill a platoon of non-force sensitive soldiers was nothing exactly to write home about, but for an acolyte to do so in such a... unique manner, with such common disregard, with cackles as they did so.

Indeed, it would seem this acolyte was quite mad.

Yet he could not find himself looking away, watching the scene apparently mesmerised, as he watched all the metal and technology reform itself into blasters of sorts that could even be misconstrued as turrets, as they gunned down those who were once so confident, who marched in formation with blaster in hand.

Yet what were they without their weapons? Without those tools which were their shields?

As defenceless as the civilians who ran about next to them, his intervention had saved them, yet it would not save those who dared raise themselves against the Sith.

As he watched still a glimmer in his eye, her lightsabre revealed itself, double-bladed, plasma hissing out as red and green as rather than wielding it in a traditional sense, she floated around her as if a projectile rather than a sword, and she used it as so. Using the Force or some other means to guide it in an attack, was not too dissimilar to how Quintessa had used her chakrams, yet somehow, even more in control.

What he could not claim though, was that she was in control herself, the cackles, the madness. Could it be honed, or would she be as much danger to him, as all her foes?

He could not quite say, not here anyway.

Thus as the blade arced through the air, like indeed a boomerang, returning to her hand, he willed the Force about him, and with his hand still on Darth Dekaltis Darth Dekaltis ' shoulder, he bent time and space around them, and within a moment's notice they were gone. This massacre, no doubt would be remembered in Nar Shadda for some time yet.

They reappeared outside the Lochris, his starfighter, having landed some distance away, they might have an hour, perhaps less, before others found them, more than enough time to drill into the head of this mad woman.

"So you wish to be my apprentice, do you, Darth Dekaltis, why is that?" He folded his arms, this was the question wasn't it, and with it answered, all else would follow.

The girl took a moment to register they had moved. The mess of metal and reconstitued blasters had fallen aside, having been left back where they were before.

And yet, she had been asked a question. Her mind swirled, her focus temporarily distracted by the chat rushing by, only visible to her own visual perception. Why?

The truth was easier. Because it was fun. But that wasn't the whole truth.

She had heard about him in the paper. A sith warrior skilled in the Force. She had seen him on holonet streams, been told of the great House of Marr.

And yet, none of that truly mattered to her. She saw no value in namely prestige, only in her own brand. Moonrunner was her name, after all. The greatest holotuber in all the galaxy. The name that mattered to her. But to forward her career, she needed...

"Focus. You can teach me that, yeah? I heard you're pretty good at that!" She gave the man the sweetest smile the girl could muster, as if she hadn't just slaughtered hundreds. It didn't matter to her. What mattered was impressing her new Sensei. Her new...manager...

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Focus.

It was not the answer he had expected, yet strangely, it was an answer he felt he could appreciate far more than any other answer she could have given him. Focus, it was an answer as short as it was strangely, very self-reflective and apt.

His thoughts drifted away from the answer, as she smiled up at him. It was then, only truly then, that he could appreciate their height difference, she barely was able to reach his shoulders, yet despite their height difference, he could not help the slightest tremor that travelled up and down his spine, almost the unconscious shiver one had when facing cold winds.

Yet in this case, it was the disconcertion of well... look into the Sith eyes of a.... well objectively adorable young woman.

And knowing she had just killed hundreds without remorse or mercy.

That indeed, she had enjoyed every single moment of it.

Yes, indeed, with focus, she could be a dangerous one.

And with focus, she could be a great asset to him.

A glimmer of orange began shining through his red eyes, as clearly the gears were turning in his mind, as he opened his stance, his arms dropping limply to his side, the best show of trust and detente, considering the circumstances.

"A most curious answer, and certainly a good one, to be an assassin, and to tap into the powers of Sith sorcery, takes one much focus, much calm, much patience," It was like a switch was turned on at the back of his mind, as the lecture began, "I will admit however, I am impressed, you were rather bold to contact me directly, boldness is a virtue, a strength to be honed."

His features morphed, as his eyes were seemingly glowing, his lips tilting into a grievous smirk, "Do you believe you can be honed to be powerful, a killer, a Sith?"

Last edited:
5kGSRU3.png

"Of course!" She said, sweet as sugar. "I'm gonna be the best fighter in all the galaxy!" Her proclamation was empty, but she meant every word of it. She believed every bit of her own bravado, and she trusted Malum as she threw her arms around him in a...hug. "Will you teach me how Master?"

She was too cute for her own good. Too sweet to be a sith. And yet, those eyes. There was no empathy behind them. For all her sweetness, she was still a merciless killer.

Malum blinked.

Then he blinked again.

And for good measure, he blinked once again.

It was bold, it was brave, but it was so entirely stupid. Indeed, he might have had to revise his assessment, there was no doubt in his mind that the woman before him was indeed quite mad. Yet, as she wrapped her arms around him, he did nothing, but stare down at her, even as he found himself unconsciously enjoying the warmth.

He was but a man.

Still, considering her words, as his arms laid limply by his side, he found himself reflecting again if this was truly a good idea.

He only needed to be reminded of the massacre from minutes ago to think better of that.

If such power could be honed by him, he could stand her eccentricities.

"I... I can teach you much, but..." How to exactly word how improper this was, without denying the fact that if she trusted him this much... it was likely to be a boon.

And after all, it was not as if he was exactly the gold standard of orthodox master-apprentice relationship, one he considered some strange mix between a daughter and younger sister, while the other he was... far more intimate with.

Whatever this ballooned into, he supposed he would wrought himself.

"Such displays are acceptable in private if you so wish, but you must understand the improperness in public," His hands pressed up to those wrapped around him, gently prying them off him, gazing into her Sith eyes and pausing. For words that were as sweet as candy, for a smile that would melt hearts, her eyes.

Her eyes were dead.

She was not manipulating him, that much was certain.

Indeed it was simply that she was beyond... beyond this.

After fully pulling himself out of her grasp, he took a few steps back, reaching into his robes, pulling out, and with a great hiss igniting with a brilliant red, his lightsabre, "You have proven yourself a natural with what I imagine was Mechu-Deru," If it was not, he would certainly have a new research project on his hands, "And able to kill mere guards, but how well will you fare against a Sith Lord?"

He barely gave her time to respond, eyes suddenly guarded, as within a flash, he was back in her space, with a wide slash to her chest.

Would she prove herself, or would she flounder?

5kGSRU3.png

Improper? That was silly. Maybe it was Chat's influence, but her own sense of public decency had eroded to the point of non-existence. She cared not for what other people thought, no matter who they were. After all, if they made fun of her, she could just farm them for XP!

...right?

In a flash, her new master was upon her. She just grinned, as her saber once more ignited and met his, without Dekaltis ever flinching, or even moving at all. She just stood there, her telekinetic grasp of her blade meeting his as the two red blades clashed dangerously close to her body. she couldn't feel pain anymore, so the heat didn't seem to bother her.

"A test? Oh!~ I'm good at those!"

She pushed back with a telekinetic pulse, pushing her master away from her, before raising a hand and launching out a blast of red lightning.

Even in trying to surprise her at least with speed, her first instinct had been to use telekinesis to draw her own lightsabre and block his attack. Such was not too unexpected, for after all it had been with telekinesis she had made the attack on the street, but it spoke to... Well, he was not entirely sure what it meant per se, but at least physically, it implied such use of the Force, that it was more akin to a muscle... indeed more akin to the muscle in her arms.

And by the fact he was not able to press even deeper against the hold, meant her control over the Force, was certainly far beyond simply an acolyte.

However, he knew that much already.

Feeling himself pushed back, he was able to raise his lightsabre at the nick of time to block the incoming strum of red bolts, giving out a low hiss, as the heat pressed up against his face.

Red.

Most intriguing.

"I can certainly attest that you are exceeding expectations..." He raised his hand to the air, hands clawed in her direction, "However..." Lightning coiled around his fingers, before with the speed of a bullet, the white lightning of his Mistress shot out towards his new apprentice, aimed below where her lightsabre was currently levitating.

"...Lets see if you can keep it up."

5kGSRU3.png

Dekaltis watched with careful eyes as Malum moved.

Suddenly, her saber, green and red, began to spin rapidly, catching the lightning and the saber in one fell swoop. The girl herself didn't seem to move, simply vividly watching the lightshow, before a telekinetic pulse launched from her hand, sending her lightsaber careening at Malum with deadly intent, still spinning violently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom